The Matrix 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a feeling this will be just as bad and convoluted as the sequels, just full of nostalgia as well. But Lili style nostalgia -- meaning everything will be undone and transformative.

AF673A9A-CB3D-437E-A001-11F232B0839A.jpeg

After Speed Racer, if this Matrix truly is garbage, then the only identity the Wachowskis will have in Hollywood will be: "ex-Wachowski"
I can't imagine it'll be good based on what I've seen between the sequels and the trailers -- however I could be dead wrong, it's only trailers ...

I'm sure it's going to look slick and that's about all I can say with certainty.

I remember in 1999 I thought the commercials for The Matrix looked horrible -- Keanu, another 'computer' movie with "The Gap" special FX -- just looked cheesy as hell. But I was dead wrong. Best movie of that year... by miles. I suppose it could happen again.

Anything's possible but I even back then, I was so disappointed by the writing in the sequels ... although they looked sharp.

I remember in 1999 I thought the commercials for The Matrix looked horrible -- Keanu, another 'computer' movie with "The Gap" special FX -- just looked cheesy as hell. But I was dead wrong. Best movie of that year... by miles. I suppose it could happen again.
Umm not based off these reviews lol

20% of Matrix footage reused!!!

Little / Choppy action, ton of exposition.

I caught a preview last night, but since I'm a fan of the sequels my opinion doesn't count. :)

But yes, it's nostalgic and humorously self-conscious, and adds some clever new concepts to the OT.

It wasn't as confusing as I expected but there are still some bits I don't get. It reminded me of TROS and even Joker in places.

My fears that the OT was reduced to a video game were unfounded. And Neo and Trinity are truly back from the dead, which I found a bit of a stretch, but if you can believe the rest of it I guess you can believe that.

It's like BR2049 or El Camino - the sequel we didn't need that gives you a new fix without detracting from the originals.

Back