The Matrix 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember in 1999 I thought the commercials for The Matrix looked horrible -- Keanu, another 'computer' movie with "The Gap" special FX -- just looked cheesy as hell. But I was dead wrong. Best movie of that year... by miles. I suppose it could happen again.
Movie marketing is quite different today. You get to see essentially the framework how the major events play out in the trailers.

I caught a preview last night, but since I'm a fan of the sequels my opinion doesn't count. :)

But yes, it's nostalgic and humorously self-conscious, and adds some clever new concepts to the OT.

It wasn't as confusing as I expected but there are still some bits I don't get. It reminded me of TROS and even Joker in places.

My fears that the OT was reduced to a video game were unfounded. And Neo and Trinity are truly back from the dead, which I found a bit of a stretch, but if you can believe the rest of it I guess you can believe that.

It's like BR2049 or El Camino - the sequel we didn't need that gives you a new fix without detracting from the originals.

The worthless sequel I figured it would be. The classic, "desperate for money so go back to the nostalgia well."

I remember in 1999 I thought the commercials for The Matrix looked horrible -- Keanu, another 'computer' movie with "The Gap" special FX -- just looked cheesy as hell. But I was dead wrong. Best movie of that year... by miles. I suppose it could happen again.

What's the best film of 2021 so far? This might have a shot after all.

Now copy and paste that on the NWH thread. 🤭
No! NWH shows you how to do nostalgia correctly.

Every other instance of nostalgia before that I felt failed. Dumb cameos in a "reboot", too much time away, too old for a leading role, worthless story that doesn't add worth to the lore. NWH looked right and felt right with the returning characters. I'm sure de-aging CGI helped with that.

You seem to be a fan of SEQUELS in general. Any sequel.

Probably but I'm not a fan of lazy nostalgia or fan service. At least this one wears it on its sleeve (and actually makes fun of the parent company!)

Actually bringing previous versions into the same reality is jumping the shark for me. I fear for the DCU when they bring Keaton back.

Every other instance of nostalgia before that I felt failed. Dumb cameos in a "reboot", too much time away, too old for a leading role, worthless story that doesn't add worth to the lore. NWH looked right and felt right with the returning characters. I'm sure de-aging CGI helped with that.

We'll see in 10 years.

For me it's

1. Dune
2. Spidey
3. Riders of Justice
4. Another Round
5. I'm hoping The Matrix Resurrections will be here.
ZSJL-4KUHD2.jpg

I'd settle for this being as good as the previous sequels. Hell, I wouldn't even call that settling.

Guys honestly, it ok for gay, trans or whatever to make a film about their roles in society. Its not preachy or “woke” its just the way some people go through life.
Since the director is trans its pretty safe bet they will touch on that, or maybe even make the whole film about that.
Just because you attached yourself to the property, does not mean the creator cannot make a statement about anything they want.

Its crazy having to hear this all over again. In the 90’s it was black directors making (shocked gasps) movies about black issues…..those were labeled in a similar fashion.

Let lay off the LGBTQ jokes , its highly offensive to other forum members.

Let people live their lives as they will, and try to have some empathy for the marginalized in society.

Agreed. NWH was the furthest thing from the kind of cheap nostalgia we saw in TROS. Or even Afterlife, which I really enjoyed but came awfully close to feeling like just a Ghostbusters fan film.

Back