The Official Gears Of War 3 Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did try reading a Gears comic. Didn't hold my interest enough. I think it was the one with Jace in it :dunno

That's how much I remember it :lol

issue #19 is part 1 of a 6 part series written by Karen Traviss called "dirty little secrets" and is set before, during and after Gears 3

No Gears multiplayer?...wow man your missing out on great stuff.

I played a couple of rounds. its cool but i suck at it.

always seems I kill someone and then someone kills me.
never get great scores.

Mybe I need a good team.

I know is a fun multi but with BF3 uncharted and MW3 Coming I dont think I will have time for Gears online.

Has anyone found the Old Spice guy yet? he's supposed to be in the game, not sure if its online or campain though

Has anyone successfully taken out an opponent on Old Town with a grenade-tagged chicken?

Regarding Easter eggs:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Has anyone found the Old Spice guy yet? he's supposed to be in the game, not sure if its online or campain though

Isaiah Mustafa?
I wonder if he's riding a horse backwards.
:D

Edit: He's apparently the voice of the COG Gear (looks like maybe one of the Carmines) in multiplayer.

Last edited:
so much story to gears outside the games dude

Yeah, if you're a fan of Gears and you haven't read these you're doing a disservice to yourself.

Edit: As far as this campaign lacking its not lacking a damn thing IMO.

Just finished the campaign on Hardcore. Overall I'd say the campaign was great, but the ending was passable at best. So many more questions were created than answers given...

What is the deal with creators of action games refusing to completely tell a story? I don't want to wait another two or three years to have the present story explained in a future title. It's very frustrating!

I think a Raam or Skorge type boss battle would have been cool. Would have been cool if the Gears were pitted against a single elite humanoid type boss. I didn't get the same feeling beating the chick as I did those 2 (on the hardest difficulty setting, Skorge is nothing compared to Raam).

Maybe that was the feeling that was lacking to me.

I think a Raam or Skorge type boss battle would have been cool. Would have been cool if the Gears were pitted against a single elite humanoid type boss. I didn't get the same feeling beating the chick as I did those 2 (on the hardest difficulty setting, Skorge is nothing compared to Raam).
Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Indeed, the lack of a Skorge or RAAM type boss is the only reason I don't give this game a full 10/10.
Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Indeed, the lack of a Skorge or RAAM type boss is the only reason I don't give this game a full 10/10.
Spoiler Spoiler:
I still haven't beaten Raam on the most difficult setting by myself :thud: Had to do it with a buddy. Basically blind fire was my friend, since Raam would turn me into mulch if I popped up even briefly. CPU controlled Dom was no help :lol

That is a little blemish on my "gaming career" actually. I usually like to dominate some games before moving on to the next. But beating Raam on solo & on the most difficult settng stumped me.
Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:
I had enough trouble with RAAM on the easiest mode, I doubt I have the balls to try to beat him on Insane difficulty. It's those stupid Kryll that made him so difficult.

Back