The OFFICIAL Spooktacular 2007 thread!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:chew:chew:chewHappy Halloween Fellow Freaks!:chew:chew:chew

To celebrate, I'm offering to the first two Freak Members who PM me a $10 SDCC gift card to help with any Spooktacular purchases.

I would have posted this sooner but I misplaced the cards and have only today found. Hurry... Spooktacular is almost ended....

:chew:chew:chewHappy Halloween Fellow Freaks!:chew:chew:chew

To celebrate, I'm offering to the first two Freak Members who PM me a $10 SDCC gift card to help with any Spooktacular purchases.

I would have posted this sooner but I misplaced the cards and have only today found. Hurry... Spooktacular is almost ended....

Thanks again. I just turned the computer on too.

The marketing people at Sideshow must know something we don't because they keep coming up with stuff no one is asking for. I don't want to sound down on Sideshow because they've sold some truly amazing pieces and that new Jason statue does look really cool, but will they really sell more of those than a Part VIII Jason 12"? Again, I'm sure someone out there is really excited by Elvira, but does anyone recall anyone ever posting a thread saying how great it would be for Sideshow to get the Elvira license? Guess they're just trying to expand their client base.

Blah. Ignore me. I'm just peeved about there not being a new 12" Jason or anything new Michael Myers-wise. Of course, this can still change so I'll keep my fingers crossed, but I won't hold my breath.

- J

Hey they just listed the winners of last nights contest (any boardies?) as:
"Phantom of the Opera Masque of the Red Death 12-inch figure"

Do you have to put that "12-inch figure" part in the answer? Anyone know for sure? :confused:

The marketing people at Sideshow must know something we don't because they keep coming up with stuff no one is asking for. I don't want to sound down on Sideshow because they've sold some truly amazing pieces and that new Jason statue does look really cool, but will they really sell more of those than a Part VIII Jason 12"? Again, I'm sure someone out there is really excited by Elvira, but does anyone recall anyone ever posting a thread saying how great it would be for Sideshow to get the Elvira license? Guess they're just trying to expand their client base.

Blah. Ignore me. I'm just peeved about there not being a new 12" Jason or anything new Michael Myers-wise. Of course, this can still change so I'll keep my fingers crossed, but I won't hold my breath.

- J

That's funny because I'm totally opposite. I could live without another Jason figure, but the Elvira license is at least going to make me look at the PF, whereas I usually don't even look through the Vintage Monsters or New Horror sections at all. :lol

Not me.... Booooo... still have an o-fer for this Spooktacular. I just copied and pasted the description in bold... I figured I was safe that way.

- J

We'll my wife and I are damn excited about the Elvira license, she is a pretty cool "character" and a nice lady to boot.

I think for everyone who posts here, there are thousands more collectors that never frequent these boards, I know of at least 5 or 6 in Alaska, who never post here and like the strangest licenses, from the civil war 12" to the froud faery stuff, it takes all kinds.

Evan

- J

while they cater to the masses to pay the bills, they also take pride in producing some off beat not-so popular items, I think, purely for the fun of it. Its something that helps make them unique as a company IMO. You never know whats going to happen.
Anybody who will produce a high-end Graboid maquette may come out with anything. And personally I think thats cool as shat.

If they only produced what would sell in high numbers SS would be nothing more than a high-end Spencers...... :monkey1

I think for everyone who posts here, there are thousands more collectors that never frequent these boards, I know of at least 5 or 6 in Alaska, who never post here and like the strangest licenses, from the civil war 12" to the froud faery stuff, it takes all kinds.

Yeah, I know... and I totally understand and I'd be the last person to rag on someone for something they like. I really wasn't trying to come across like that...

Like I said, I'm just pouting because another year has gone by without a chance to complete a collection I've been on board with since Sideshow first started producing their 12" Jasons.

It sucks to get your hopes up for something year after year and then not have it happen.

- J

No Phantom for me. :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2 I wonder if I was disqualified because I didn't include 12 inch figure in my answer.:confused: Oh well.....maybe I'll have better luck with the next contest. If anyone on the board won, Congrats - that was one hell of a prize (my favorite so far!)

Yeah, I know... and I totally understand and I'd be the last person to rag on someone for something they like. I really wasn't trying to come across like that...

Like I said, I'm just pouting because another year has gone by without a chance to complete a collection I've been on board with since Sideshow first started producing their 12" Jasons.

It sucks to get your hopes up for something year after year and then not have it happen.

- J

I can understand that I'd love to have a Monica Reyes and Lone Gunman to complete the X Files 12" but sometimes I just think I've been lucky enough that someone even bothered to produce the figures :)

I came in pretty late to the Sideshow family of collecting, only started about 16 months ago when someone had a fantastic Darth Vader PF at their house, I told my wife I had to have one and I had been collecting DC and Bowen busts/statues for years. Once I saw the Sideshow website and how they treat their customer base I was hooked for life.

Evan

Hey they just listed the winners of last nights contest (any boardies?) as:
"Phantom of the Opera Masque of the Red Death 12-inch figure"

Do you have to put that "12-inch figure" part in the answer? Anyone know for sure? :confused:

I'm beginning to wonder....but if they were going to be THAT technical...the complete title is: Phantom of the Opera Masque of the Red Death Universal Monsters 12-inch figures" Who knows......:confused:

Back