The OFFICIAL Spooktacular 2007 thread!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems they believe someone has been using a BOT program to discover the location of the freebies and GC's, least thats what was implied. They also said Chris was looking into it.

New contest up btw...

Evan

Really? That sucks, I've been looking around for the last 4 hour to try and find something.

Seems they believe someone has been using a BOT program to discover the location of the freebies and GC's, least thats what was implied. They also said Chris was looking into it.

New contest up btw...

Evan

That sucks. Way to ruin our fun... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Im trying out for the newest contest, cause I really wanna get my hands on the security guard zombie. but knowing me im gonna mess up something with the answer and poof, disqualified :monkey1

So there are no more freebies or giftcards now? Sorry, I've been at work since 2pm Central time and just now came home. At least they are offering subject 5 in a contest!

who is J. Dodson? he has been finding all of the gift cards.

Seems they believe someone has been using a BOT program to discover the location of the freebies and GC's, least thats what was implied.

"J. Dodson" has found 3 of the hidden gift certificates so far (out of 6 or 7) which is a little suspicious.

:Flush

Bye bye, Mr. Dodson*.

*who, of course, is very much innocent until proven guilty. :naughty

Cant they just banned his IP#?

Maybe, if it's static.

I don't think they specifically prohibited this kind of thing (not that it doesn't suck) so they should make it clear that it's against the rules and limit people to one found GC. I'm wondering if this bot usage is why the site has been so slow recently (that, and all the people refreshing constantly to see if there are any freebies). It's been annoying.

I believe there are apps out there that can discover pages on a site that are the newest or have recently been revised.

Actually Ive always thought this is how Karma finds the new product pics.
His app informs him there are new pics uploaded to the SS site w/o them being made live to the public yet.

.. all just a guess though.....:monkey1

If you look in teh comments section, J Dodson said that he couldn't have gotten the giftcard because he was at work. But I guess anyone can write in as J Dodson. It just seems weird to me that the same two people from this morning won the $100 giftcard

Well, I hope this crap gets settled before it ruins everyone else's fun.

For now, I'm heading off to bed. See you guys in the morning.

I believe there are apps out there that can discover pages on a site that are the newest or have recently been revised.

Actually Ive always thought this is how Karma finds the new product pics.
His app informs him there are new pics uploaded to the SS site w/o them being made live to the public yet.

.. all just a guess though.....:monkey1

nope wouldn't even know where to begin with that stuff, mines is just research & 2nd guessing which I will no longer be doing anymore

If you look in teh comments section, J Dodson said that he couldn't have gotten the giftcard because he was at work. But I guess anyone can write in as J Dodson.

*who, of course, is very much innocent until proven guilty. :naughty

Again, it's probably not the best idea to start chuckin' stones at J Dodson (if that is his real name!), but one does have to admit that looks a little odd.

Then again, we've seen typos on the Spooktacular pages before. They tend to post news with a fair amount of haste from time to time. Maybe whomever was in charge of posting the CG update just forgot to change the name in the "template"?

Devil's advocate. 'Tis the season n' all. :devil

Back