The OFFICIAL Spooktacular 2007 thread!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it makes you Kurgan Krusaders happy, I finally saw Highlander tonight.

I will say this...

The only reason Highlander was even remotely good was because of the Kurgan. Conner sucked and so did the rest of the movie. The Kurgan was just evil for the sake of being evil and I loved that. The other guy sucked at fighting, acting, talking, being alive....basically everything. Kurgan would have and should of won. End of story. Good night.

Edit- I have never ever wanted the good guy to die so bad before in my life. I was like "finish this whiny little prat off- he is ruining the whole movie!" *Barfs*

I'm so glad that everyone has followed the request to not derail this thread. It's positively refreshing.

:monkey2

Well, based on today's Criswell video, I'm betting tomorrow's unveiling is something related to AVP's Grid Alien, "grid pattern" and "either way you lose" were the key clues, since the AVP tagline was Whoever Wins, We Lose.

Well, based on today's Criswell video, I'm betting tomorrow's unveiling is something related to AVP's Grid Alien, "grid pattern" and "either way you lose" were the key clues, since the AVP tagline was Whoever Wins, We Lose.

My thoughts exactly. I was thinking Pinhead (with the grid pattern and all) untill the "you lose" line, then I thought it had to be the AvP Grid Alien. Hot Toys I'm assuming?

My thoughts exactly. I was thinking Pinhead (with the grid pattern and all) untill the "you lose" line, then I thought it had to be the AvP Grid Alien. Hot Toys I'm assuming?

No, Hot Toys version has been out a long time. SSC has the license for all things Aliens and Predator, my guess is the next dio piece and it's the Grid Alien, or perhaps it's a more diorama piece with the Predator and Alien going at it, either way, should look cool, but I'm not really a fan of the grid alien look, so unless the head of it is a small element of the piece, I won't buy; like if it's the same as the first two alien dios.

No, Hot Toys version has been out a long time. SSC has the license for all things Aliens and Predator, my guess is the next dio piece and it's the Grid Alien, or perhaps it's a more diorama piece with the Predator and Alien going at it, either way, should look cool, but I'm not really a fan of the grid alien look, so unless the head of it is a small element of the piece, I won't buy; like if it's the same as the first two alien dios.

Thats right. Didn't remember if Sideshow ever sold that one though.

You're probably right again about it being a dio. I know the first two Alien stuff since SDCC are "dios" dispite being a single Alien each.

Thats right. Didn't remember if Sideshow ever sold that one though.

You're probably right again about it being a dio. I know the first two Alien stuff since SDCC are "dios" dispite being a single Alien each.

Well, I looked up what dictionary says a diorama is, and this is what I found.

A three-dimensional miniature or life-size scene in which figures, stuffed wildlife, or other objects are arranged in a naturalistic setting against a painted background

So, basically, any figure against and environment constitutes a diorama, so the 2 Alien pieces really are dios, despite seeming more like classy maquettes. I like them, I've got the first 2 on order, and I'm sure a Grid Alien version would look nice, but like I said, I'm just not a fan of how that looked so I'd pass on it.

Yeah I guess that definition works, but since most of Sideshow's other Dios have been Verus, I think that is what most expect from a Dio. You are also correct that the first two seem more like statues because of their lonesomeness.

Hopefully this next one will be a Versus, otherwise the Grid design isn't very exciting to me. Although McFarlane did do some nice AvP diorams in the second series of the line.

Versus piece would be great, I'd probably buy that, I just think the grid look was too awkward to enjoy on a standalone piece, but with a versus, you're taking notice of the "scene" instead of a single element, whereas the current Aliens dios put emphasis on character design.

There's a new contest up at the main page. A little misleading, well for me anyways but I figured it out... :D

I need a BIG favor...

I really hope that there isn't an exclusive version of PZ put up today. I won't be online for the rest of the day til late tonight. Can someone PLEASE do me a favor and if they DO and you don't want it, can you please get one for me? Yes i've resorted to begging. THANKS SIDESHOW, LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE TO ME!!! :monkey5

There's a new contest up at the main page. A little misleading, well for me anyways but I figured it out... :D

I need a BIG favor...

I really hope that there isn't an exclusive version of PZ put up today. I won't be online for the rest of the day til late tonight. Can someone PLEASE do me a favor and if they DO and you don't want it, can you please get one for me? Yes i've resorted to begging. THANKS SIDESHOW, LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE TO ME!!! :monkey5

Don't worry about it. THERE WILL NOT BE ANOTHER VERSION OF PZ!!!!!

You needn't worry about missing anything like that.

Back