The Sideshow Freaks Fitness Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't want to solely use it as a tool. But I do want to use it as a supplement at home when I can't get to the gym.

This is the set I wanted to get.

What do you think >?

LINKY LINK

Hi... My name is Richard and I'm a fat-aholic. Two years ago I was lifting 4-5 times as well as running 25 miles per week.... I got married and we had a child and now I'm a f'n slug with legs... Help me.

I don't want to solely use it as a tool. But I do want to use it as a supplement at home when I can't get to the gym.

This is the set I wanted to get.

What do you think >?

LINKY LINK

Well I really can't give an honest opinion on those, the only bands I ever used was in college while playing baseball while pitching. I honestly think that the best results from come from free weights. If I were you I would buy a small weight bench with some curl bars, etc... that's where I think you'll get your monies worth.

Well, it's not the exact same angle, but close enough, it's strange how much fairly subtle changes can really make you feel like you're someone different.

February / November

SW_111809.jpg

I have to get motivated.... have to start and stop making excuses. :chew I will take a look Ski!

and if anything isn't usually covered I'm usually here! :rock

and Maul you are on your way brother!!!!! Face is the usual number one place for weight reduction even though the body loses it as a whole.'

I bet you have ppl that know you coming up to you left and right wondering what has change...

Well, it's not the exact same angle, but close enough, it's strange how much fairly subtle changes can really make you feel like you're someone different.

February / November

SW_111809.jpg

Well, you're a dork in both photos :D but a much leaner dork on the right... Congrats Sean! That's an amazing accomplishment!... it's not close to as "subtle" as you're trying to make it out.

I actually saw someone today that said I looked like I'd lost more in the 3 weeks since I last saw them, I have lost 3lbs, but I think I'm really at a point where the scale and what's happening with my body are out of sync, the scale only says a bit each week but I feel like more's going on with me that I see. Biggest thing right now is I can see my veins under my skin for the first time ever. I've always had tough veins, couldn't get IVs or anything because they didn't show, now I can see them and I can tell next stop is actually having them protrude somewhat through my skin.

I do find that I'm at a tough crossroad for the motivation now though. I'm not where I want to be yet and I'm still striving for it, but part of me is finding content with where I am because it's so drastically better than where I was. I set out to do a 180 with my appearance and I've hit the 90 degree point now and I have to work a little harder to get the same fire to go that last night as I had for the first 90.

I actually saw someone today that said I looked like I'd lost more in the 3 weeks since I last saw them, I have lost 3lbs, but I think I'm really at a point where the scale and what's happening with my body are out of sync, the scale only says a bit each week but I feel like more's going on with me that I see. Biggest thing right now is I can see my veins under my skin for the first time ever. I've always had tough veins, couldn't get IVs or anything because they didn't show, now I can see them and I can tell next stop is actually having them protrude somewhat through my skin.

I do find that I'm at a tough crossroad for the motivation now though. I'm not where I want to be yet and I'm still striving for it, but part of me is finding content with where I am because it's so drastically better than where I was. I set out to do a 180 with my appearance and I've hit the 90 degree point now and I have to work a little harder to get the same fire to go that last night as I had for the first 90.

Keep it going bro!! :rock :rock :rock the worst thing you could do is stop or slow down too much... I feel that I'm living proof of what happens to you when you get complacent.... a weekend trip turns into skipping a few workouts that next week and that turns into 10 lbs which turns into more excuses which turns into where I am now...:sick

Well fortunately, my much better is still not good, I'm delighted I'm not as big as I was anymore, but I'm still not happy with it all yet. I was a 3XL shirt, now I can fit into a 1X but it's not too flattering, but that's my goal. It's almost like a treasure hunt or something, beneath all of this is a physical form of myself I've never seen and I want to find it.

Well fortunately, my much better is still not good, I'm delighted I'm not as big as I was anymore, but I'm still not happy with it all yet. I was a 3XL shirt, now I can fit into a 1X but it's not too flattering, but that's my goal. It's almost like a treasure hunt or something, beneath all of this is a physical form of myself I've never seen and I want to find it.

That's me right now :banghead

Just got back from the slaughter house, I'm going to sleep good tonight!!! I actually worked myself to get sick and that doesn't happen very often, Arnold always said that if you don't get sick with your workouts every once in a while then you are not hitting it at the level of intensity needed to make a drastic change in your physique.

I was actually hitting chest and arms today and I start with 50 chinups to begin the workout EVERYDAY! I want lats to make me fly like the Archangel :lol

By the time I made it to the dumbbell presses and push 135lbs in each hand I got the cold sweats... Being not a novice to this feeling I knew what I needed to do in order to continue with my workouts. FORCE DA YAK!!!! :monkey4:monkey4:monkey4:sick

Came back with full force and actually did a nonstop superset like my buddy Kane from my blog videos with 20lbs on the curl bar and a 15lbs dumbbell, 60 sets nonstop with 10 reps each on bicep curl and overhead tricep extensions. That is 1200 reps total for the whole exercise.

One hour of cardio to finish my workout session and I'm shaking as I type this right now... :lol AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! :rock :rock :rock :rock

Oh I'm at 190lbs 11% bodyfat.

and Maul you are here, we CAN DO DIS!!!! U've made it this far, you haven't quit... I see it all the time, ppl that get super motivated and at the last few times of making that crucial life altering changes, they quit because it gets too hard. You have beaten the odds and by posting here today shows me that you are still serious on making these changes. Don't start doubting, and I don't think you are but don't even think about it. Start watching some Rocky movies, watch my blog vidoes, pick up some magazines, watch the UFC reality TV show... Do something that surrounds you into positive vibes and get that desired fire burning mindset.

It's too close to quit, it's too much work to quit, get mad, get pumped, smash something (not the SW busts though)!!!!! Think that no one else is doing this, you are the elite and it takes persistence and dedication to become just that ELITE!!!!

You know everyday whenever I drive my car to Gold's at 3:00-3:30 am in the morning I have the same thoughts, who else is doing this, why am I doing this, it's because I'm living, living to be the best and be the best and nothing is in my way but myself and everyone (friends, family members, co-workers, FREAKS) can think how weird, wow that's crazy, you are insane but in reality many ppl in the world don't have a passion about something like this and I'm bless that god has giving me the perseverance, dedication, control, mindset in order to accomplish something great in this world.

This is my passion, my reason to live! :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock (that and acquiring a Darth Vader 1:1 bust from Sideshow :lol)

This is my passion, my reason to live! :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock (that and acquiring a Darth Vader 1:1 bust from Sideshow :lol)

Do you have the bust on order? I do, down payment already paid up too :lol

As for this, I'm not quitting nor feeling it impossible, just having to snap myself out of the excitement of where I'm at from time to time. When I started, I'd look in the mirror and see room for improvement, now I see so many imrovements, I get hung up soemtimes one what's going right and forget there's more to go.

What's driving me now is the fact that I feel abs coming in. I always joked that most people have a 6 pack and I have a keg :lol, well I can feel a six pack forming, but I also can feel the excess hiding it and I'm determined to get rid of that too.

Eyes on the prize, I haven't reached the top of the steps yet, but I will.

stallone-sylvester-rocky-arms-3700761.jpg

As Joker says, I've changed things, forever, there's no going back.

Awesome I'm glad to hear that, that is good news my friend and yes I do have the DV bust on order through BBTS but it's a reg, I think I really want the Ex but we will see whenever the time comes I guess.

The Ex. for me is more about practical use than being an exclusive, I'll want to make use of the Anakin portrait so having something to safely mount the helmet on rather than pack it away in the box and have to dig it out again when I want it back will be nice, and the down payment makes me feel safer about keeping the order, won't cancel now that I'm already $250 in :lol

Way timing is, I might celebrate the arrival of the bust along with getting my body into the ultimate condition I'm aiming for. Small goals though, easily done, I just want to hit the 60lb loss I started out aiming for before Christmas, just 7 lbs to go for that.

Back