The Sideshow Freaks Fitness Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's why when I initially set my goal, I chose 60lbs, those calculators suggested 90, but I figured with adding muscle along the way, 60 would be a more realistic target and that's why I've just been aiming to reach that and reassess things from there. I've still got a spare tire and fat elsewhere so I know I need to go beyond 60, 30 more will be the target but when I reach the point I'm aiming for, however much it takes, I'll just level off my workout to keep me there and not lose more.

Good deal Maul, you are on the right track, it's almost better to just go off BF calipers and the eye into the mirror than an actual website or study that overall cannot calculate mass.

Good deal Maul, you are on the right track, it's almost better to just go off BF calipers and the eye into the mirror than an actual website or study that overall cannot calculate mass.

That's how I work, I really only even use the scale a means of knowing I continue to move forward in some measurable way. While I can see changes, when the number changes on the scale, then I know for certain things have changed, but I feel like the visible changes are stronger than the scale ones. I judge where I need to go right now by what I see.

That's how I work, I really only even use the scale a means of knowing I continue to move forward in some measurable way. While I can see changes, when the number changes on the scale, then I know for certain things have changed, but I feel like the visible changes are stronger than the scale ones. I judge where I need to go right now by what I see.

Definitely and the accountability of new muscle replacing fat or water retention is also not accounted for, so even though you are losing fat you might be gaining muscle and hence the extra 2-3 lbs or whatever within so many weeks. I think people start to freak out a bit whenever they do see this as well, they really need to keep track of measurements, bodyfat levels, etc... in order to know that they are making good gains and that they are not putting on fat. Once you get down to a certain level that you are comfortable being at Maul don't be afraid to start added muscle and that scale might bump a few lbs.

okay okay geeeezzz haha so today I've aten....4 graham crackers a piece of chicken and cheese and brocolli lmao, feels like cheat day

Soy sauce makes me feel like it's a cheat day, I flush all the sodium out though by my second gallon of water, sometime I make it to 2.5 gallons.

More water in less water retention for the body to hold onto.

Soy sauce makes me feel like it's a cheat day, I flush all the sodium out though by my second gallon of water, sometime I make it to 2.5 gallons.

More water in less water retention for the body to hold onto.

true....IM OFF TO GET SOME WATER! i drink water like crazy haha

Once you get down to a certain level that you are comfortable being at Maul don't be afraid to start added muscle and that scale might bump a few lbs.

I figure that could happen, I don't plan to worry unless it hits something like 10lbs higher, then I think it might be time to question where the weight's coming from. I don't plan to build up a lot of muscle, just keep fit what I have when I reach my goal look, and keeping that up, I wouldn't think anyway, shouldn't add 10lbs, maybe 5, but 10 seems like it would be bordering the putting fat back on point.

I figure that could happen, I don't plan to worry unless it hits something like 10lbs higher, then I think it might be time to question where the weight's coming from. I don't plan to build up a lot of muscle, just keep fit what I have when I reach my goal look, and keeping that up, I wouldn't think anyway, shouldn't add 10lbs, maybe 5, but 10 seems like it would be bordering the putting fat back on point.

Well they usually quote that the average male can put on 2lbs of lean body muscle mass within a month, so yeah it's a pretty slow process and that being said we might not be the average if our testosterone levels are not the same, level of intensity is not the same, etc...

I've never been average anything :lol

But..... soon....... U WILL BE..............................

yoda.jpg

I haaate agility but its so useful haha well for me

I never really had a problem with it, I think it came pretty much naturally for me as a kid... You could not get me to sit still whenever I was around 8-10 years old, I was always playing some type of sport so back then even though my eating habits were crap because my mother or father didn't know any better I would burn it off instantly along with a lightning fast metabolism which goes bye bye once you get older.

You know that Ryan and Hugh ate nothing but protein and veggies with some moderate healthy fats to obtain their physiques...

Hugh's diet was very bare bones for X-Men Origins, it was basically just protein for 90 days... :monkey4

I never really had a problem with it, I think it came pretty much naturally for me as a kid... You could not get me to sit still whenever I was around 8-10 years old, I was always playing some type of sport so back then even though my eating habits were crap because my mother or father didn't know any better I would burn it off instantly along with a lightning fast metabolism which goes bye bye once you get older.

hah yep, im in a city league for football nows the off season, which is for me, the beginning of the season, speaking of Hugh Jackman, thats the body type Im going for which is going to take an insane amount of work, but hey, works good keeps you from gettin lazy

You know that Ryan and Hugh ate nothing but protein and veggies with some moderate healthy fats to obtain their physiques...

Hugh's diet was very bare bones for X-Men Origins, it was basically just protein for 90 days... :monkey4

Yeah, Hugh's build was a bit unhealthy looking to me though, great for the character but I don't want to be the veiny. Ryan looks like a healthy, toned up guy, that's all I'm after. I didn't realize until watching Origins with commentary the other night, most of the body shots of Deadpool aren't Ryan, apparently he'd started another movie by that point and wasn't available so they shot with a different guy for the wide shots and later shot the closeups with Ryan.

Yeah, Hugh's build was a bit unhealthy looking to me though, great for the character but I don't want to be the veiny. Ryan looks like a healthy, toned up guy, that's all I'm after. I didn't realize until watching Origins with commentary the other night, most of the body shots of Deadpool aren't Ryan, apparently he'd started another movie by that point and wasn't available so they shot with a different guy for the wide shots and later shot the closeups with Ryan.

I'm trying to remember the very first movie that Ryan dieted for but it's not coming to me...

Back