The Sideshow Freaks Fitness Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm trying to remember the very first movie that Ryan dieted for but it's not coming to me...

Blade, that was his first non-comedic role.

ryan_reynolds_99.jpg

ryan-reynolds1.jpg

I just like the look, it's healthy, he's smaller in build but not anorexi, just a healthy muscle build, but not veiny or like every little fiber of muscle coming through like Hugh.

ryan_reynolds_97.jpg

It helps to have something to focus on my efforts too. Stallone's my inspiration but I don't want his shape.

Yup that's it, just came back from the rest room and I remembered it was Blade Trinity, that totally shocked me coming from all the Van Wilder movies... :lol

Hugh did take it a step further than the rest of them as his bodyfat level was getting freakishly low, he was definitely in the single digits as to where Ryan was more around 10-11%

Brad Pitt although he was ripped up in that movie, it looks like he suffered from a lot of muscle loss in order to get down to that point of bodyfat.

Stallone was the epitome of freakishly ripped in the 80's no one was getting cut up like that man during that era... The closest I would say was JCVD but he wasn't all veiny and single digits like Sylvester.

yep yep Slys a beast, but gettin into the single digits of body fat? thats crazy bro, i STILL want to get that snatch brad pitt body though haha

I've had this photo posted and hanging since I started. Between Rocky Balboa and just Stallone himself, I just figure if a 60 year old, ficticious or real, can do that, what am I waiting for at 26 :lol. I know he took HGH, but still, where a lot of 60 year olds struggle to walk, to build into that kind of shape is inspiring.

stallone-gets-ripped-for-the-expendables.jpg

Yup that's it, just came back from the rest room and I remembered it was Blade Trinity, that totally shocked me coming from all the Van Wilder movies... :lol

He's always been in good shape, but yeah, he went from always a runt to jacked in Blade, and he's just kept it up. Will Smith's the same, he got really buff for Ali and he's been keeping it up since, he was really ripped in I Am Legend.

I'm really into having people to look up to, fictional or real, living by quotes and philosophies I come by, I find myself more motivated when I have tangible things like that to aspire too. That's why I look to photos of Ryan for my working out, he has the physique I aspire to have, so it gives me something to track myself on my way towards, and remind myself of when I might feel like giving up, remember that I'm closer than ever.

Im the Same my top two are Will Smith and Hugh Jackman
gallery_main-hughjackman-australia-shirtless-photos-03032009-25.jpg

will_smith.jpg

Im not lookin to bulk up so much ( I will a do a little bulking up) but more toning up

Hugh, pre-Wolverine, is a pretty good build too look up to, but he intentionally went real hardcore for Origins, he felt that veins and all the parts of the muscles really showing would add to the character, and he was right, there are some shots of him all ripped looking and it's more primal looking than anything in the X-Men trilogy, but I'm not out there pretending to be Wolverine, so I don't want all that showing :lol I want definition, not detail :lol

Hugh, pre-Wolverine, is a pretty good build too look up to, but he intentionally went real hardcore for Origins, he felt that veins and all the parts of the muscles really showing would add to the character, and he was right, there are some shots of him all ripped looking and it's more primal looking than anything in the X-Men trilogy, but I'm not out there pretending to be Wolverine, so I don't want all that showing :lol I want definition, not detail :lol

:lmao exactly, Australia Hugh In my mind was the perfect body type for me, we have similiar build (me and Hugh) ofcourse thats gonna take some work, but its cool

I should market my workout routine, call it the Disturbed Rocky Workout :lol

I'm very routine about everything I do for my working out. I start with my ab work to a mix of Rocky tunes, then I do my stretches while watching the training scene from Rocky 2, which to me is the most emotionally fueled training montage in the Rocky series, then it's off to the weights, and for the most part, I listen to songs from Disturbed, I find they've got a lot of tracks that sync up well to the activies I do for lifting, and then finish off on the treadmill, again to a mix of Rocky tracks. I've done this the same way since I started in February everytime I work out, and oddly, I never get sick of any of it, though the weight lifting and ab stuff came in later, I wasn't lifting until like May and abs for a couple months now.

:lmao exactly, Australia Hugh In my mind was the perfect body type for me, we have similiar build (me and Hugh) ofcourse thats gonna take some work, but its cool

That's one thing that makes me loosely look up to Ryan Reynolds, he's got a pretty tiny frame his muscle is built on, and I think I'm going to find even once healthily slimmed down, I'll still have a bulky shaped upper body, which is fine, I realize I can't be exactly like any one body I see out there, all I can do is what I can with what I've got.

6'2", I know I've said 6'4" before around here, but I just assumed, I thought I got taller and I was 6'2" when I was 16 years old :lol, but I finally measured and it's just 6'2", still too tall, at least now I'll have a waist small enough to find pants easily, the makers of pants apparently don't feel anyone with a 34 length pant could have a waist bigger than 38 :lol

ahhh haha I see you're Ryan Reynolds height! and Im Hughs height, so now we just tone up and me and you will have a sexy competition in the summer !

I am really looking forward to hitting the beach this year, last year I was no longer ashamed, this year I'll be proud :lol

Back