The Sideshow Freaks Fitness Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saturday's workout! 2009-12-19

First session in the morning before, the afternoon workout.
One hour of cardio on the treadmill 60 minutes at a 3.5-4 speed on a incline of 2.5

Second session in the evening workout.
First off I begin chinups and calves with every workout, something taken from the great Oak himself.

50 chinups, no matter how long it takes...
5 sets of calve raise, 20X R. Foot 20X L. Foot

Legs:
Leg Extensions:
Set 1: 50lbs X 20
Set 2: 70lbs X 20
Set 3: 90lbs X 20
Set 4: 110lbs X 20
Set 5: 130lbs X 20

Leg Press:
Going high volume, so as many sets until I can get 12 plates max'd out on the first pegs of the machine. (lbs do not include the sled, I think it's like 45lbs, who cares... :lol)
Set 1: 90lbs X 20
Set 2: 180lbs X 20
Set 3: 270lbs X 20
Set 4: 360lbs X 20
Set 5: 450lbs X 20
Set 6: 540lbs X 20
Set 7: 630lbs X 20
Set 8: 720lbs X 20
Set 9: 810lbs X 20
Set 10: 900lbs X 20
Set 11: 990lbs X 20
Set 12: 1080lbs X 20
Set 13: 1170lbs X 20

Hack Squats:
(Same goes here I don't count the sled lbs.)
Set 2: 180lbs X 20
Set 3: 270lbs X 20
Set 4: 360lbs X 20
Set 5: 540lbs X 20

Regular Squats:
Set 1: 135lbs X 12
Set 2: 185lbs X 10
Set 3: 225lbs X 10
Set 4: 275lbs X 8
Set 5: 315lbs X 6
Set 6: 365lbs X 3

One Legged Lunges (Smith):
(don't count the bar weight on the Smith machine)
Set 1: 50lbs X 10
Set 2: 100lbs X 8
Set 3: 150lbs X 6
Set 3: 180lbs X 4

One hour of cardio on the treadmill 60 minutes at a 3.5-4 speed on a incline of 2.5

OK guys I finally decided to start getting back into shape but before I do anything really I need to lose about 15 lbs. SO - what's the quickest, most effective and safe way to go about doing that? Straight treadmill cardio? Cycling?

Sundays workout 2009-12-20

First session in the morning before, the afternoon workout.

Second session in the evening workout.
First off I begin chinups and calves with every workout, something taken from the great Oak himself.

50 chinups, no matter how long it takes...
5 sets of calve raise, 20X R. Foot 20X L. Foot

Chest/Bi's:

Incline DB Press: (weights are dumbells in each hand not combine total)
Set 1: 70lbs X 20
Set 2: 100lbs X 10
Set 3: 120lbs X 8
Set 4: 130lbs X 6

Hammer Curls:
Set 1: 40lbs X 10
Set 2: 45lbs X 10
Set 3: 50lbs X 8

Butterfly Press:
Set 1: 70lbs X 12
Set 2: 100lbs X 10
Set 3: 120lbs X 8
Set 4: 130lbs X 8

Negative Preacher Curls: (Hammer Strength)
Set 1: 70lbs X 8
Set 2: 90lbs X 6
Set 3: 100lbs X 4

Incline Press: (Hammer Strength)
Set 1: 140lbs X 10
Set 2: 180lbs X 8
Set 3: 230lbs X 8
Set 4: 270lbs X 6

Negative Flat Press Super Set with Straight Bar Hammer Curls: (30 second or < rest)
Bench:
Set 1: 135lbs X 10
Set 2: 185lbs X 8
Set 3: 225lbs X 6
Set 4: 275lbs X 4

Straight Bar:
Set 1: 50lbs X 10
Set 2: 50lbs X 10
Set 3: 50lbs X 10
Set 4: 50lbs X 10

Came back and did some more chest to finally tap it out, didn't feel like I die twice yet....

DB Flat Press with Push Ups and then Close Grip Bentover Rows: (30 second or < rest between all exercises/sets)
DB Flat Press: Push Ups: Bentover Rows Close Grip:
Set 1: 70lbs X 10 As many as you can 50lbs X 20
Set 2: 80lbs X 10 As many as you can 50lbs X 20
Set 3: 90lbs X 10 As many as you can 50lbs X 20

OK guys I finally decided to start getting back into shape but before I do anything really I need to lose about 15 lbs. SO - what's the quickest, most effective and safe way to go about doing that? Straight treadmill cardio? Cycling?

Mem, do u drink soda, if so cut it out completely? If you add in cardio everyday for at least 30 minutes plus and start drinking a gallon of water or you can get the 8 glasses, I prefer the gallon because it makes me feel better, you can get this off within 3-4 weeks.

Man.. I'd realllly miss soda :lol Though I suppose if I get a gallon jug and just refill it, won't be so bad. Does diet matter much?

Man.. I'd realllly miss soda :lol Though I suppose if I get a gallon jug and just refill it, won't be so bad. Does diet matter much?

Oh Mem, you need to visit us more often in here. :tap :lol

Yes, I would say it almost 90% of results and you want to look good on the inside as well don't you Mem? :eek:

Oh I do, my problem is I have a horrible sleep pattern. I usually miss breakfast, will skip lunch and only eat dinner.

Yeaa.. I know that because it makes your body pack on more fat because it thinks it's in a survival mode. So I am open to suggestions on what to eat to encourage the weight loss. Especially for breakfast as I have no idea what's actually a "good" breakfast.

Mem, do u drink soda, if so cut it out completely? If you add in cardio everyday for at least 30 minutes plus and start drinking a gallon of water or you can get the 8 glasses, I prefer the gallon because it makes me feel better, you can get this off within 3-4 weeks.

Men are so lucky this way.

Bastids! :mad:

:wave

Yeaa.. I know that because it makes your body pack on more fat because it thinks it's in a survival mode. So I am open to suggestions on what to eat to encourage the weight loss. Especially for breakfast as I have no idea what's actually a "good" breakfast.

This is what I eat for both off and on season:

Reg Off Season or Bulk
1 egg
5-6 egg whites
1 cup of oats
12 almonds
1 cup of any veggies optional
6.5oz grapefruit

Cut
The same as bulk minus the oats....

Men are so lucky this way.

Bastids! :mad:

:wave

Females have a whole lot of differences with water intake and dispersal. Also less muscles in order to burn fat than most males.

nicolascage.jpg

:lecture This. I stopped drinking soda one time and just drank water and tea with a little bit of sugar. I only jogged in the mornings with pushups/situps after work. I dropped about 20 pounds in one month without a special workout diet...I can't imagine how much better I would've done if I actually ate healthy and not eat crap.

~~My major vice I plan on remedying this upcoming year---stop drinking soda (except for once a while) and start eating healthier.

:lecture This. I stopped drinking soda one time and just drank water and tea with a little bit of sugar. I only jogged in the mornings with pushups/situps after work. I dropped about 20 pounds in one month without a special workout diet...I can't imagine how much better I would've done if I actually ate healthy and not eat crap.

~~My major vice I plan on remedying this upcoming year---stop drinking soda (except for once a while) and start eating healthier.

Once you get on a roll, there's no turning back my friend, you'll feel like you've never felt before :rock

Off to do cardio now, I'll brb! :lol

57 lbs as of this morning, 3 to go by next Monday, it's GO time, gotta be a mean, lean, not Italian, monster, gonna eat lightning, gonna crap thunder.

uhhhh...I get the feeling I lost weight too fast haha, starting last summer as Ski knows, I started working out, eating right etc. and I weighed 250, now I weigh 195...is that normal? Im not gonna die but still lmao its nice info to know

uhhhh...I get the feeling I lost weight too fast haha, starting last summer as Ski knows, I started working out, eating right etc. and I weighed 250, now I weigh 195...is that normal? Im not gonna die but still lmao its nice info to know

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl why would you die, sounds like awesome progress to me! :rock

We all loose a lot more than we think needs to go :lecture :lecture :lecture

Yup, when I started out, I thought 60lbs off would be enough, I'm 3 away and I can safely say, the extra thirty that is recommended for someone with my build is right, I've still got a fair ammount to lose still.

Back