The Sideshow Freaks Fitness Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, 2009 was tough all around. It was a real bad year for me and as much as I tried to keep the front up, it took it's toll.

I'm with you Bammer's. Let's do it together baby !!!! :rock

hell yeah!! We can tell eachother our progress and shat!! We'll be virtual work out buddies!

This is the one that gets me going for sure! :rock

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/_TxxrSV9vtM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/_TxxrSV9vtM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

meh!!!

there is only 1 song you need

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/zV4UBDvP5zA&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/zV4UBDvP5zA&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock

meh!!!

there is only 1 song you need

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/zV4UBDvP5zA&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/zV4UBDvP5zA&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock

I think this might have adverse effects on my workouts :lol

Maybe if I was laying on a couch getting crunk and smoking the reeferor ganja (back in my day)!!!! :chew

Go Chew :chew

Go Chew :chew it's b-day, work it Chew :chew

*play the video that Slug posted while watching Chew dance it's awesome*

*head bopping*

Last edited:
6 egg whites
1 egg
6.5 oz of Red Grapefruit
2 tablespoons of natural Peanut Butter
1 cup of veggies

NOW WHAT!!!!! :rock *chugs gallon jug of water with EXTEND BCAA's*

Hey....so are u suppose to eat before or after u go to the gym?

Oh and yeah Jimmy....my apt complex has a pretty good gym with a bunch of machinery I don't know how to use! :confused:

I personally don't eat before working out but it's because I get sick if I do, and I don't even like to drink much as I work out, but I usually need to, but noting worse then getting into a groove on the treadmill and having to take a piss.

Hey....so are u suppose to eat before or after u go to the gym?

"They always say what you eat tomorrow is what you wear..."

Oh and yeah Jimmy....my apt complex has a pretty good gym with a bunch of machinery I don't know how to use! :confused:

You can eat just plan on eating a hour or 45 minutes before so you can actually workout and not worry about your stomach digesting foods and rumbling in there while you are moving around.

I personally don't eat before working out but it's because I get sick if I do, and I don't even like to drink much as I work out, but I usually need to, but noting worse then getting into a groove on the treadmill and having to take a piss.

That's all having to do with getting use to water intake, if you are drinking a gallon plus of water you system should be flushing it out moderately throughout the day, it's almost like clockwork for me and is the first thing I do before starting my workouts or a long cardio session.

That's all having to do with getting use to water intake, if you are drinking a gallon plus of water you system should be flushing it out moderately throughout the day, it's almost like clockwork for me and is the first thing I do before starting my workouts or a long cardio session.

I do it right before my work out and even a bit of gatorade while I'm lifting can set me off, I swear, since getting in shape I piss like a 60 year old man :lol

Mine doesn't have a lot, but it has stuff that looks complicated. I won't go and try to figure out cause I don't wanna look stupid! :banghead

Everyone starts somewhere, and if you see someone using that machine next time, asked them about it (make sure they look like they know what they are doing of course). They'll will take pride in knowing something that they can teach you and you both benefit from it and then you've also made a new friend. Easy as cake, just don't it :lol

You can eat just plan on eating a hour or 45 minutes before so you can actually workout and not worry about your stomach digesting foods and rumbling in there while you are moving around.

So a gallon a water a day, is what I should be drinking??

Mine doesn't have a lot, but it has stuff that looks complicated. I won't go and try to figure out cause I don't wanna look stupid! :banghead

Pfftt...I still try to use it...I figure...I look stupid exercising in general, so whatever! :lol

I do it right before my work out and even a bit of gatorade while I'm lifting can set me off, I swear, since getting in shape I piss like a 60 year old man :lol

Well that is a good sign though, it shows that your body is actually not retaining water when it shouldn't. I would try drinking more and see what the affect is, it might help out the situation.

Ppl in general (not u Maul) do get the misconception of not drinking water and your body will not retain as much but it's the complete opposite. The more water you get into your body the more it releases and hydrates you with the correct amount of water for the body to be holding onto.

The less water you drink the more the body will hold onto it just because you are putting it in survival mode and therefore it's a smart body. Just like being stranded on a desert and you had no water, it's goin to hold onto the water so you can actually function and live for a certain amount of days.

So a gallon a water a day, is what I should be drinking??

A gallon is a good starting point, until you are more advanced I would say stick around there, others will need more the more advance their training is and how much hydration they will need through a more strenuous workout. For starting out a gallon is recommended.

What about calorie in take? I know bodybuilders need alot to gain muscle...but what about little ol' me that just wants to lose weight?

Some people are callorie conscious. One thing I'm happy with in my weight loss is that I haven't changed my diet dramatically, just gotten smarter, I eat the things I always have but I eat less and I mix them with good things.

Every day for lunch now, I have a salad and something small on the side, be it a sandwich or a few pieces of chicken. I drink more water than juices and things, and I just eat smaller portions. In my better days I could eat a whole pizza for dinner and still be hungry, now, I have half and I'm good and I divide the other half over lunch for a couple days.

Some people are callorie conscious. One thing I'm happy with in my weight loss is that I haven't changed my diet dramatically, just gotten smarter, I eat the things I always have but I eat less and I mix them with good things.

Every day for lunch now, I have a salad and something small on the side, be it a sandwich or a few pieces of chicken. I drink more water than juices and things, and I just eat smaller portions. In my better days I could eat a whole pizza for dinner and still be hungry, now, I have half and I'm good and I divide the other half over lunch for a couple days.

Thanx Maul! That makes me feel much better....I didn't want to start doing all that calorie math. But I still need to investigate what type of foods i should start eating....cuz I know it's much easier for men to lose weight then women.:(

What about calorie in take? I know bodybuilders need alot to gain muscle...but what about little ol' me that just wants to lose weight?

2,000 calories in a day is sufficient I would say.

For a girl trying to lose weight and tone up I would do light weights, more repetition and 25 mins of cardio 3 days a week to start and then progress to 45 mins of cardio once you build up your heart rate and conditioning. I would also increase your workouts from 3 days a week to 5, since you don't want to take your body from zero-to-60 over night. Ease er' in. I would start off slow and light workload for the first 3 months, then add minutes to your cardio, and the amount of days you go.

Also, hire a trainer. If you can spend hundreds on collectibles like a lot of us on here, then make the appropriate investment into your body. After all, your body is even more valuable. Consult a professional and make certain they are legit. As much as we're knowledgable on here, we're not pros. Be and think smart!

The harder you workout and keep your heart rate up the faster and more effective the results will be. Also, keeping a good clean diet, knowing when to eat, how to space meals out, and not to eat is important. Eat 5-6 smaller meals a day throughout the day, no later than 2 and a half hours apart. Remember breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Clean carbs is essential, and good fatty acids, or foods like your unsaturated variety (mono and polyunsaturated) are important to take in. Take in lots of lean protein from fish, chicken, and turkey. Stay away from the red meats. White meats break down much quicker in the body vs. red meat and is much easier on your system. If you need to eat breads, take in multi-grains, preferably whole grain. However, I would try to stay away as it spikes your insulin levels. White breads are the worst for that. Try to consume as much water to cleanse your system. Take in Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids. Flax seed oils are great for your joints. Vitamins from fruits, lots of greens (veggies)... No adding sodium to your foods. If you buy frozen meats wash off first like a frozen chicken breast. They load it with salt (sodium) to keep it going longer. Sodium retains water and pushes out fat giving the illusion you're fatter than you are.

Water is good to consume in large amounts over a day because it cleans your system, and flushes toxins from your body. So yes, alcohol should be consumed on the lowest and most moderate level possible, as it does bring in toxins vs. expelling it. Wine is the best way to go, as it has antioxidants and is basically fermented fruit. Even then, I would only have a glass every now and then.

Edit: I want to note salmon is very good anti-aging food. Great for the skin complexion, nails, and hair... and salmon is high in protein and very delicious. Be careful where it comes from, if it's from the Taiwan area it's no good because of the pollutants in the waters and how they process the crap out of the stuff in their plants. I'll find out where my father gets his, because they usually capture a week ago, sometimes days, cut it up, and ship it air fare to the city grocers over night. Usually more expensive, but much more healthier, and fresher.

Last edited:
Back