The Sideshow Freaks Fitness Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So after my run last night I started having pains in my left foot. Looks like I may have Plantar fasciitis... UGH!!!

I had something similar (it was never diagnosed) and decided to "run through the pain". Terrible decision. It worsened to the point where I couldn't even walk without experiencing excruciating pain.

Wrap it up and take it easy for a few days. :lecture

Watch all of it.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/cjdy0n_gJq8&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/cjdy0n_gJq8&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

So after my run last night I started having pains in my left foot. Looks like I may have Plantar fasciitis... UGH!!!

I hear it is common among runners. I am going to treat is today and see how it does. Tomorrow I will try running again and hopefully it will be fine. If not, well Warrior Dash may have to be done with an injured foot.

I've come too far and trained too much to miss out on it now.

Damn bro. Is it this weekend ?

So... I know it's been a while since I've been in here, but I'm back at it again and this time I intend to follow through. Started working out again monday and am looking at working out four times a week. Funny thing is I weighed myself on Monday, so I can know what my starting point is and I'm 10 lbs lighter than the last time, I was 265 and am now at 255! I had recently changed my eating habits, eating a lot more meals prepared at home, drinking lots of water and cut down on my soda and junk intake. I guess it helped! :rock I'm hoping to lose 25-30 lbs by the time SDCC rolls around. Wish me luck!

OK, my update.

TODAY, it's been exactly three months since I got sick on Christmas Eve. I got food poisoning, had a very high blood pressure, threw up at least five times, had two IV's of fluid to rehydrate me, and one hell of a wakeup call...Lose weight and get your diet and heart in gear, OR DIE!
So....I got off my a$$ and walked. After about two weeks of recovery actually, but it's been three months now, and I've lost 23 pounds, and am almost to the 200 pound line!

Here I am before, around Nov/Dec compared to night before last...

I DO have an adam's apple! I think it's trying to show itself for the first time in 20 years! LOL!

After I reach 200, I'm aiming for 180. But one goal at a time.

More to come, and bravo to you guys too, for all you are doing. It's hard for a 48 year old, to get his metabolism back in gear, let me tell ya, but NEAR DEATH has a way of scaring the weight right off your fat butt!

Hope to have more good news soon! For now, feeling better, painting better (It's the carrots I tell ya!) and almost feel like a kid again!

More to do! :rock

So I took Les' idea and made a comparison from July 2009 and Now....I've lost approx. 22 pounds ....
EDIT: BTW.... I started to work out around January 11 2010.

I honestly can't tell the difference. :huh U tell me? Oh and don't be mean please. :(
1WEIGHTLOSEMARCH2010.jpg

EDIT: I think Les' is way more noticible than my progress tho. Congratz Les!:rock
Les and Bam, even though I already said this on Facebook, you guys rock and keep up the good work! You guys are looking great!

So... I know it's been a while since I've been in here, but I'm back at it again and this time I intend to follow through. Started working out again monday and am looking at working out four times a week. Funny thing is I weighed myself on Monday, so I can know what my starting point is and I'm 10 lbs lighter than the last time, I was 265 and am now at 255! I had recently changed my eating habits, eating a lot more meals prepared at home, drinking lots of water and cut down on my soda and junk intake. I guess it helped! :rock I'm hoping to lose 25-30 lbs by the time SDCC rolls around. Wish me luck!

woooooooottt!!! good luck Ill...we're here for ya!

72wsjn.jpg

Damn bro. Is it this weekend ?

Week from this Saturday. Can't wait!!!

I don't care if I am injured or not cause I am competing. If my foot falls off then I will be sure to fling it at the person in front of me so that when they fall down my bloody stump print will be on their back.

My body forgets that I will beat the hell out of long after it cries "I Quit!!!"

HA HA HA!!!!

Got another good sweat going today and I'm starting to feel good! Gonna turn it up a notch next week.

What u do? Threadmill??? Weight?? Sexy Time?:naughty
Good lookin out Ill! :rock

I just had a protein overload! :whip

Whats a protein overload? Like u drank a huge ass protein shake??
------------------

I didn't got to the gym today cuz I was in a business meeting...but tomorrow I'm gonna hit it hard!!! I'm still stuck in my weight...haven't budged since last week, even tho I've been eating light and working out everyday. Sometime I just don't get my body. :huh

Good lookin out Ill! :rock
Thanks dude! :duff

What u do? Threadmill??? Weight?? Sexy Time?:naughty
Right now, walking with my brother (who's still recovering from knee surgery) and after that he's been throwing the football to me while I run like a maniac after it. :lol

I've also been hitting the punching bag and using the jump rope. Starting slow for now then gonna turn it up a bit and switch things up!

Alright, foot pain is almost non-existent. So that means that I am running again today! Yea!!!

I took Tues and Wed off to rest it. But now the time crunch is on!!!

Trying to get my 5k pace established is lagging so have to do some speed/jogging drills to hopefully get a good 20 - 25 min 5k pace set for Warrior Dash. Is it possible, sure, will it happen, only if I believe it will and damnit I believe!!!!

Oh JJJones,

Warrior Dash is the 10th, I fly into JFK on the 11th. Unfortunately I leave back to LAX on the morning of the 14th. If you can make it to the city, would love to catch up bro!

Back