The Sideshow Freaks Fitness Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got finished running for about an hour on the treadmill, afternoon core, then a date and IM2! :rock

208fv9l_th.jpg
208fv9l_th.jpg

Just ate an entire bag of organic spinach (in a blender with water and protein powder)

Popeye who?

Pushed my heart-rate to 155-165 today. :monkey4

I liked it! :rock

But when I peaked at 170 I felt like I was gonna die! :thud:

Quick question: What do you all do for cardio? DO you all use the treadmill?

I run outside. Harder workout than the treadmill, you're out in the fresh air. Some days I do a steady pace and others I do high intensity (sprinting and when tired keep on jogging)

I have to lay off parkouring and freerunning for a while. My ganglions are coming back! I know, ewwwwwww! Damn, godforsaken gymnast wrists!:banghead

This week I did the following;

- Tues - Ran a 5k on the trail quickly followed by running another 2 miles with my daughter in her jogger.

- Thurs - Ran a mile 1/2 in a rugged trail with a new PR for a mile of 8 min.

- Fri - Moved all of my furniture in preparation for getting new carpet installed.

- Sat - Installed new carpet, carried out 200lbs plus cal kin mattress three flights of stairs, moved all of the furniture back, purchase two twin beds for my girls and carried them three flights.

- Today - Ran 4 miles on the trail in 39 min.

I'm exhausted....

I have to lay off parkouring and freerunning for a while. My ganglions are coming back! I know, ewwwwwww! Damn, godforsaken gymnast wrists!:banghead

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/cbph0xYwMbk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/cbph0xYwMbk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

I use a thing called the ground, usually pavement or grass and I go about it like this... left foot forward then right foot forward... repeat!

And as for working out, I will take a shower right now my "rhymes with halls" are greasy and sweaty and I need to clean myself, especially in the pelvic region... oh right, I said that with the "rhymes with halls" part, so yeah, probably going to do chest, then go for a run!

I despise running. :lol On the ground or on a treadmill. That's why I asked.

I have been using the elliptical for my cardio. I like that it's low impact (easy on the joints) and gets the upper body involved with the resistance. And as long as appropriate resistance is used, you can keep your heart rate up.

I also like being able to monitor heart rate, which you can't do when running outside.

Don't get me wrong, if running outside works for any of you that kicks ass! It's always nice to get outside, and I often go for walks outside with my wife. :)

I despise running. :lol On the ground or on a treadmill. That's why I asked.

I have been using the elliptical for my cardio. I like that it's low impact (easy on the joints) and gets the upper body involved with the resistance. And as long as appropriate resistance is used, you can keep your heart rate up.

I also like being able to monitor heart rate, which you can't do when running outside.

Don't get me wrong, if running outside works for any of you that kicks ass! It's always nice to get outside, and I often go for walks outside with my wife. :)

Alright, scrubbed good, especially down there.

Yup, what you say is true. I too like the elliptical for your points. But I find I burn more fat running then power walking. However, the elliptical is definitely easier on your knees and takes on most of the absorption lessening the impact.

Anyway, I like to change it up. I will run today, as I want to be the world's fastest man, or I achieve Cheetah landmark speeds.

Just do both. I was all fired up from Sat. night's fights and went to my buddy's gym today for open mat training. Its good to know that I still remember how to do a lot of the submissions, but I definitely need to work on the cardio before going back. Both my shirts were drenched before leaving and I felt like I needed an O2 tank afterwards.

I was majorly sore today. I had hit a bit of a plateau over the past couple of weeks, and my trainer decided it was time to change up my routine yesterday. And it killed my upper body. About the only thing that wasn't sore is my deltoids, which probably means I didn't give them enough of a workout. :lol

Left my supplements at work on Thursday - took Friday off - so my body is aching like crazy!!!

You don't realize how much the supplements work until you don't take them for a few days.

And I am only taking glucosamine sulfate, l-glutamine and creatine beside whey protein.

Loving the Xtend... Watermelon is tasty.

Will have to get a bigger one next time.

Lot's of yard work thrown in with my workout this weekend. Feeling pretty good.

Loving the Xtend... Watermelon is tasty.

Will have to get a bigger one next time.

Lot's of yard work thrown in with my workout this weekend. Feeling pretty good.

Have you tried the Grape?? I went from the Watermelon to the Grape and love the Grape a little bit more. It might be me but the Grape also mixes a little better.

I'm an elliptical gal myself. It's a much lower impact machine on knees, ankles and hips. Since I have a bad-ish left ankle, using the treadmill for cardio is a no no for me. I tend to spend 30 min on weight loss or interval type settings. Then it's another 15 min (or more) on an exercise bike. I tend to get my heart rate up in the high 160s (occasionally in the low 170s) on the elliptical. On the bike my heart rate stays in the low 150s to mid 140s.

Then it's off to Yoga or Pilates.

I'm actually going to start looking into a heart monitor/calorie burner type contraption I can strap on my arm now since I have NO clue how I'm doing in my yoga, pilates and zumba classes. Anyone have recommendations that don't cost an arm and a leg? I looked at the bodybugg device. I like it, but with the $199.99 and up price tag and then monthly fees on top of that I was turned off from it.

Yeah...I would say I'm also an Elliptical girl....I try to alternate tho between that and the treadie.

The only problem I got with the elliptical is that for some reason my toes start getting numb after like 30 mins....thats when I usually switch to the treadmill.

Does that happen to anyone else?

Back