The Sideshow Freaks Fitness Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah...I would say I'm also an Elliptical girl....I try to alternate tho between that and the treadie.

The only problem I got with the elliptical is that for some reason my toes start getting numb after like 30 mins....thats when I usually switch to the treadmill.

Does that happen to anyone else?

That's where I start to think about responding to your post here in the Fitness threads and the feeling in my toes disappear. :goodpost:

I'm actually going to start looking into a heart monitor/calorie burner type contraption I can strap on my arm now since I have NO clue how I'm doing in my yoga, pilates and zumba classes (I know my heart rate is up and I'm burning the calories, just don't know how much). Anyone have recommendations that don't cost an arm and a leg? I looked at the bodybugg device. I like it, but with the $199.99 and up price tag and then monthly fees on top of that I was turned off from it.

Bumping my question from earlier today because I know being the last post on the page before it will just get overlooked. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys and gals! :)

Bumping my question from earlier today because I know being the last post on the page before it will just get overlooked. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys and gals! :)

It's just my opinion but I don't try to look at heart rate as much on machines too often to gage if I'm burning fat or not. Every once in a while I'll have the reading of the treadmill to see if my conditioning has gone up but most of the readings are flawed anyways because of the level of sweat on your hands, heat, etc... Same thing goes with electrical devices that measure body fat percentages.

I would think anything that is... accurate though might be up in the $$$, for walking if you are going at a steady pace to where you are just able to talk then you know it's not super strenuous or over taxing on the central nervous system.

Maybe someone else here might use them here that could help you out with this further. I just know if I keep the weight lifting intense and push the cardio with the weights and I'm at a decifit with my diet that I'll remain consistent with losing 1-2lbs per week. If I feel I'm losing too much muscle I'll start to add a lil more carbs within my meals.

I can't offer any suggestions, but I'll be interested to hear what you find out. The bodybugg is the most reliable and accurate device that I know of, but the cost is very high.

Have you tried the Grape?? I went from the Watermelon to the Grape and love the Grape a little bit more. It might be me but the Grape also mixes a little better.

Oh I had not thought of getting the grape. I may try it next then.

I did see that the Watermelon does not always dissolve.

Does it make anyone else but me gassy ? I almost feel a knot of gas in my chest sometimes since starting this.

Thanks Ski!

My main motivator for getting one is heart rate. I've had some occasions where I've broken into the high 170s and low 180s and didn't really even know it. Now it's been a while since that's happened (almost a month now), but it concerned me enough that I would want some kind monitoring system to tell me when I'm entering a 'danger' zone. Plus, it would be nice to see how I'm doing calorie wise in my classes. It's not super important of course, but it is a positive motivator for me when I can physically see how much I burned.

I already have been consistent with shedding 1 to 2 pounds a week, so I know I'm doing things right (ha!). Buuuut I wouldn't mind that other satisfaction of looking and seeing how much I'm burning, and of course to keep track of my heart rate (even if it's not 100% accurate).

Oh I had not thought of getting the grape. I may try it next then.

I did see that the Watermelon does not always dissolve.

Does it make anyone else but me gassy ? I almost feel a knot of gas in my chest sometimes since starting this.

No gas here, stay away from Blue Berry, that was a tough one to get through. :thud:

No gas here, stay away from Blue Berry, that was a tough one to get through. :thud:

Ok, Maybe it is just me. I should have some hot tea or something.

Ok Grape and Watermelon.

Hey Ski, do you drink one serving (four scoops) a day or more ?

Thanks Ski!

My main motivator for getting one is heart rate. I've had some occasions where I've broken into the high 170s and low 180s and didn't really even know it. Now it's been a while since that's happened (almost a month now), but it concerned me enough that I would want some kind monitoring system to tell me when I'm entering a 'danger' zone. Plus, it would be nice to see how I'm doing calorie wise in my classes. It's not super important of course, but it is a positive motivator for me when I can physically see how much I burned.

I already have been consistent with shedding 1 to 2 pounds a week, so I know I'm doing things right (ha!). Buuuut I wouldn't mind that other satisfaction of looking and seeing how much I'm burning, and of course to keep track of my heart rate (even if it's not 100% accurate).

I hear yah I'm the same way, only with weights, I really know and tell myself that reps shouldn't matter but I count them anyways. I know in my head that if I tap the muscle a certain way and fatigued it a certain way them I'm truly training sufficient regardless of what number of reps I hit but I still count them in my head :lol

I also monitored my calorie intake to keep me on track for a number of years but I've gotten to the point I know what/how many calories are if I'm eating the same meals per day, so no need in counting but it does help to see actual numbers, trackers and motivation factors.

If it weren't for that mind of ours all the time we could overcome just about anything. One trick of mine is on the last set of lifting heavy I visualize myself lifting something that is much lighter and guess what? WHAM!!!! I hit that set much better than myself thinking "whoa this is some heavy weight, what if I can't lift it or if I get stuck".

Same goes with my cardio, 60 minutes is a long time to stay on the treadmill walking and of course my legs and feet get tired, num and shoes start to hurt but I again visualize myself getting a 1st place trophy from the announcer, the cheers, the claps from nailing down the poses as I do lateral left and right turns, usually my back is the bread and butter that separates me away from the rest but I start to think about why I'm doing this...

I think everyone should think why they are doing this whenever they are at the gym or running outside, it's such a motivator and refills the tank whenever you are at the end of your rope.

Sorry for the long post, the passion is coming out with me on the Fitness subject :D :lol

Ok, Maybe it is just me. I should have some hot tea or something.

Ok Grape and Watermelon.

Hey Ski, do you drink one serving (four scoops) a day or more ?

I go a lil more than necessary but I'm eating like a rabbit 8 times a day with lil to no carbs.

Right now I'm at 2 gallons of water a day and I put 6 scoops in each gallon so that equates to 12 scoops per day.

I wouldn't think you would need this much unless you are dieting extra hard and are very low carbs.

I go a lil more than necessary but I'm eating like a rabbit 8 times a day with lil to no carbs.

Right now I'm at 2 gallons of water a day and I put 6 scoops in each gallon so that equates to 12 scoops per day.

I wouldn't think you would need this much unless you are dieting extra hard and are very low carbs.

Ok, I don't think I am there yet. So then... should the one serving a day be good enough for me then ?

I do the elliptical too - and my toes go numb as well. Weird. :lol

I've also been doing this stair machine for warmups - will usually do about 50 flights then go to the elliptical for an hour. Been adding a spinning class too 1 -2 times a week. I'm actually liking it - but it does make my booty sore. :(

Ok, I don't think I am there yet. So then... should the one serving a day be good enough for me then ?

I think the minimum serving will suffice :lecture

I do the elliptical too - and my toes go numb as well. Weird. :lol

I've also been doing this stair machine for warmups - will usually do about 50 flights then go to the elliptical for an hour. Been adding a spinning class too 1 -2 times a week. I'm actually liking it - but it does make my booty sore. :(

is gewd :exactly:

Alex,

You can try the Adidas micoach system for about $140 that tracks heartrate and helps guide you to meet targeted training zones. The only thing about it is that it is for running.

https://www.adidas.com/us/micoach/#Start/sdf/mdf

or you can go with the preferred heart rate monitor in Polar. They have a bunch of different options available.

https://www.polarusa.com/us-en

The bodybugg is good if you want to know how many calories you burned as well as heart rate. But the fact that you have to keep paying is a deterrent as well as the high cost up front. But that is what 24 Hour Fitness is accustomed to doing anyway.

Back