The Sideshow Freaks Fitness Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Rob, Can't wait to see your sexy slim self in July. I could never get down to 160. I would look anorexic for sure.

Yeah, I still can't believe I'm down to 160, but I'm only 5' 8".

Looking forward to meeting you finally in July as well. Lots of Michigan stories to share I'm sure. Still doing the midwest Warrior Dash next month. I'll let you know how that goes. A couple of my MMA instructors are doing it as well. Should be a blast.

As for the SDCC, I've got my pass and my hotel all booked up, just need to get my flight together.

That looks awesome! Jiu Jitsu is one thing my place doesn't offer yet, but they're always expanding and adding more so maybe down the line, they'll add that class as well?

Yeah I've always loved Jiu Jitsu. The fact that it boils down to the person with the most skill over strength. I took Karate and Tae Kwon Do when I was a kid, and IMO it just didn't have the same "personal" feeling that Jiu Jitsu does. It was like a glorified day care and straight up business. My jiu jitsu instructor was really cool, and when I told him I had to stop training because I couldn't afford the $100 a month anymore he asked me what I could afford. I told him I don't want a free ride, but I just couldn't keep paying the $100--- so he said pay $50 a month and stay after classes to help clean the mats and sweep the floors.

Yeah I've always loved Jiu Jitsu. The fact that it boils down to the person with the most skill over strength. I took Karate and Tae Kwon Do when I was a kid, and IMO it just didn't have the same "personal" feeling that Jiu Jitsu does. It was like a glorified day care and straight up business. My jiu jitsu instructor was really cool, and when I told him I had to stop training because I couldn't afford the $100 a month anymore he asked me what I could afford. I told him I don't want a free ride, but I just couldn't keep paying the $100--- so he said pay $50 a month and stay after classes to help clean the mats and sweep the floors.

karate_kid.jpg

Well, I finally hit the gym for the first time in a while this morning. I got a membership with LA Fitness. www.lafitness.com Looks to be a great gym with helpful staff. I'll be shooting for a minimum of 4 days a week at the gym. For my pre-work outs, I'll be taking Ripped Freak to maximize fat loss, and a multivitamin. For my post work outs, whey protein. I gotta get a diet plan and work out schedule figured out. I'm meeting with a trainer on Friday so I'll get some tips with that. I'm excited to get into shape though. :D

I could never get down to 160. I would look anorexic for sure.

Yeah, I still can't believe I'm down to 160, but I'm only 5' 8".

How tall are you LaMelnik? I'm 5'11 and running has bottomed me out at 153. Can't seem to get below that number - not that I want to. I've got a pretty broad, natural build that hasn't really diminished. When I look at that number, and then in the mirror, I always think it can't be right (it is, hopped on other scales :lol), and that there should be a lot less mass to me in correlation to the number :dunno

I agree with you in regards to Jiu Jitsu. Some of the best things about watching early UFC fights was watching Royce Gracie submit guys that outweighed him by 100 lbs. It's all about skill.

Wow... that's great that your instructor did that for you. Great guy!

How tall are you LaMelnik? I'm 5'11 and running has bottomed me out at 153. Can't seem to get below that number - not that I want to. I've got a pretty broad, natural build that hasn't really diminished. When I look at that number, and then in the mirror, I always think it can't be right (it is, hopped on other scales :lol), and that there should be a lot less mass to me in correlation to the number :dunno

I'm 6' and sit about 200lbs right now. I can get down to 185 before I look like I need to eat.

I got into weightlifting in the military and transformed my once 140lb body into 225lbs solid. When I stopped lifting, my laziness turned into 255lbs.

I then started working out again and dropped down to 210lbs. Now I am running and eating right and dropped 10 more pounds. As I get closer to 40, I'm not out to have ripped abs or anything. I just want to be healthy and enjoy being active.

I'm 6' and sit about 200lbs right now. I can get down to 185 before I look like I need to eat.

I got into weightlifting in the military and transformed my once 140lb body into 225lbs solid. When I stopped lifting, my laziness turned into 255lbs.

I then started working out again and dropped down to 210lbs. Now I am running and eating right and dropped 10 more pounds. As I get closer to 40, I'm not out to have ripped abs or anything. I just want to be healthy and enjoy being active.

I'm with you brother. Years ago, I lifted weights for the sake of lifting weights, but now it's all about functional strength for me. In the process of getting healthy and being active, I am more defined than I've ever been, but I'm not "big" by any means. We use kettlebells in monkey bar at times, but it's mostly plyometrics and cardio endurance.

I'm gonna have to post a pic soon to show some of my sults. Give me a week or so to get bronzed up. :D
Sults....ur such a *********. :lol
But yeah....post them up playa! U've been teasing for a long time yo!

Oh boy, Bamboota is gonna be all over that. :monkey1

He's like our little brother here.....That would be like incest...yo! :lol

Back