The Sideshow Freaks Fitness Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have read that this release a stress hormone on the body that only releases with this amount of exertion. The hormone is called a GLUT4 and even though you might not burn as many calories as you would on a 5 mile run it's more beneficial towards burning fat because the hormone is released for a number of hours after the session is finish and the body will become more efficient for burning fat for longer periods throughout the rest of the day or night.

I'll try this on the treadmill this week.

For very lil time the HIIT session might be the best bet of cardio for you.

Here's my HIIT session routine:

Jog at 4-5 mph
Sprint at 9+ mph

5:00 minutes jog
5:50 jog, 10 seconds sprint (5th minute)
6:50 jog, 10 seconds sprint (6th minute)
7:50 jog, 10 seconds sprint (7th minute)
8:50 jog, 10 seconds sprint (8th minute)
9:50 jog, 10 seconds sprint (9th minute)
10:50 jog, 10 seconds sprint (10th minute)
11:50 jog, 10 seconds sprint (11th minute)
12:50 jog, 10 seconds sprint (12th minute)
13:50 jog, 10 seconds sprint (13th minute)
14:50 jog, 10 seconds sprint (14th minute)
5:00 minutes jog

20 minutes total

It's a hella workout, even though u think that 10 seconds of sprinting is nothing by the time you get further you will start to feel like u wanna quit before reaching the 14 minute mark.

That's similar to how I jog. I know some people just set a speed and run it for 30 minutes or whatever, but I find it more productive for me to have highs and lows with the highs pushing you to your absolute limits.

I'll try this on the treadmill this week.

Definitely try it out, and have a towel :lol

That's similar to how I jog. I know some people just set a speed and run it for 30 minutes or whatever, but I find it more productive for me to have highs and lows with the highs pushing you to your absolute limits.

Yeah you can really tell the difference with the up and down momentum on the heart. Once you get better at the routine of course it's optimal to increase the sprint speed otherwise further progression is stalled but it's more efficient and quicker than running for a few miles. During the countdown to the comp this year that I ended up withdrawing from I was able to go another 2.5% down in a matter of 3 weeks, which I was impressed with this timing.

Definitely try it out, and have a towel :lol

Yeah you can really tell the difference with the up and down momentum on the heart. Once you get better at the routine of course it's optimal to increase the sprint speed otherwise further progression is stalled but it's more efficient and quicker than running for a few miles. During the countdown to the comp this year that I ended up withdrawing from I was able to go another 2.5% down in a matter of 3 weeks, which I was impressed with this timing.

DONT BE GIVIN MY HIIT AWAY SKI! :lol

That is what the whole HIIT thing is suppose to do minimize muscle loss, the more indurance cardio freak would lose more muscle.

Of course keep the protein high...

Supplements is a industry, some are taken but others are well over what is needed to become fit and healthy. Food is gonna be the best supplement overall, don't waist the money on supps and go to the grocery store and load up on lean meats, eggs, veggie, carbs.

They really have succeeded on pushing supplements to make everyone think they are needed to have a nice physique.

Ok, so I will forget that stuff and stick with picking up my chicken and fish !

Sugar Free and Wheat/Grain things are so damn expensive. :eek:

What are your thoughts on that P90x a few have mentioned. ?

Ok, so I will forget that stuff and stick with picking up my chicken and fish !

Sugar Free and Wheat/Grain things are so damn expensive. :eek:

What are your thoughts on that P90x a few have mentioned. ?

Yea stay away from artificial stuff, like the artificial sweeteners or sugars (diet soda, diet anything, etc... sugar free crap). Try and make all the foods that you are consuming natural. Like they say everything that comes from a plant or that can be grown is the best way about this. If it comes in a box, factory or plant... forget it. (Chicken,eggs, fish, steak, ground turkey)

I've heard good things about it but I'm so into the bodybuilding method that it's not for me. It does good for calisthenic work.

I believe the reason for it's success is the combination of weights along with cardio movement. It's definitely not a mass builder and that would be more my route but for someone wanting to get into shape. I think it makes it more enjoyable and not as boring and that's why it works.

edit: it is pretty much the same with foods although with BB it gets a lil more fine tuned with refeeds, carb loading, water intake, sodium intake, etc...

Ok... just got off the tread mill with Skimans suggestion. WOW.. I had to slow to a walk for 3 minutes but picked back up and finished strong. I was drenched and the sweat was pouring off!! :rock The time seems to go by quicker as well.

good stuff. I just ate a large salad for dinner. will get a light snack in in a couple hours after I mow the lawn. Might as well jump in head first instead of testing the water right. Now here's to a possative change!

That's another benefit I find with varying the speeds you go out during the run, killing time.

I talk to some people and they're like I get bored on the treadmill. The way I go, I don't have the luxury of getting bored, you are pushing it so hard to maintain the end of it comes as sweet relief.

Ok... just got off the tread mill with Skimans suggestion. WOW.. I had to slow to a walk for 3 minutes but picked back up and finished strong. I was drenched and the sweat was pouring off!! :rock The time seems to go by quicker as well.

good stuff. I just ate a large salad for dinner. will get a light snack in in a couple hours after I mow the lawn. Might as well jump in head first instead of testing the water right. Now here's to a possative change!

As long as u don't quit I believe the session to be a success :rock I know around the 8-10 marker it feels like hell but it will get better and better with each week progression...

Today I decided to sprint up at level 12 and I felt like a dog in a race, one of those greyhounds :lol

It's phenomenal feeling whenever you are done, isn't?

I love the interval running method. If your gyms have a rowing machine, using the interval method with this pretty much melts away the fat.

Lol... my treadmill takes about 3 seconds to jump from 6 to 9 mph. The hard part is once sprinting trying to push the botton to slow back down. :)

This morning.. I feel great.. not really sore at all, but I had so much energy I woke up at 4am! :(

Lol... my treadmill takes about 3 seconds to jump from 6 to 9 mph. The hard part is once sprinting trying to push the botton to slow back down. :)

This morning.. I feel great.. not really sore at all, but I had so much energy I woke up at 4am! :(

Yeah that too ! LOL. Either way is a trip. :banghead

object>

Back