The Sideshow Freaks Fitness Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On the preacher curl issue. Have any of you heard of 'spider curls'. I had a BB show me back in 92'. He would take the preacher curl pad and turn it backwards. He would end up hanging his arms straight down with only the mid of his tris touching the pad. He would do barbell curls w/ about half the normal weight. There was no way to cheat and provided the best pump ever. Most preacher curl stations don't let you release the post all the way so it's not always possible.

On the preacher curl issue. Have any of you heard of 'spider curls'. I had a BB show me back in 92'. He would take the preacher curl pad and turn it backwards. He would end up hanging his arms straight down with only the mid of his tris touching the pad. He would do barbell curls w/ about half the normal weight. There was no way to cheat and provided the best pump ever. Most preacher curl stations don't let you release the post all the way so it's not always possible.

Yep and I believe Larry Scott was the developer of that exercise, first Olympian. Great for the peak.

larryscott.jpg

larry-scott.jpg

larryscott.jpg

Current:
18873d1190751016-larry-scott-64-larryscott.jpg

If you're talking about your wrist turing out and straining w/ the straight bar-That's normal. Wrist aren't supposed to turn out like that-you can use the ez curl bar but it does take off some of the work from the biceps.

If you're talking about your wrist turing out and straining w/ the straight bar-That's normal. Wrist aren't supposed to turn out like that-you can use the ez curl bar but it does take off some of the work from the biceps.

That's what I thought. It also happens with the preacher :(

I have been enjoying the new range of equipment I have to use so it is never the same work out twice. I had some hotties checking me out today at the gym so that was pretty cool.

Over the last year and a half, I have steadily gone from 86 kg ( approx 190 pounds) to 125 kg ( 275 pounds):banana all thanks to a complete lack of exercise and bi-weekly pub nights extending to.. well every day of the week with around 7- 8 pints as well as a pack or 2 of cigarettes a day. Oh And Burger king, LOTS of burger king.:D Anyway over the last 3 weeks I've sort of begun a lifestyle change. Drink once a week, Eat 5 small meals a day. watch what i eat very closely ( ^^^^ing nightmare) and a tad bit of exercise which i plan to gradually increase. working well so far and I've dropped 8 pounds:D still haven't been able to quit the cigarettes though. Ive been using myoplex lite shakes to replace 2 of the 5 meals. Do any of you use that?

I need a breakfast replacement. That is for sure. I never eat breakfast, and yes Ski, I know I should to jump the metabo...

Any recommendations ?

Just hit back and hamstring last night with another crueling session of HIIT, got 365lbs on straight legged deadlifts, I can't remember but I'm pretty sure that is a PB :rock

JimjiimmyJ, eggs, oats and fats are optional, best breakfast food on the planet.

If you don't like almonds, try some turkey bacon although I don't believe the health factors in any kind of bacon but if u must, go turkey.

But Ski, in my life, and my schedule, that is not possible. Eggs especially. I am up at 5:30 and out by 6:30 the latest. :(

Sorry... I would say protein shake (which I would hate and disagree because it doesn't have all the nutrients that food does and it doesn't leave u full), in this deal if u can't cook, u r doomed :lol

edit:make them prior to the night, put them in the fridge and then reheat.

No one says it's easy that is for sure, in one hour every morning, I cook 3 pancakes, 2 turkey burgers, pasta with turkey burger mixed in with tomato paste, 4oz steak and that consist of (10 eggs whites, 2 cups of oats, 3/4 pound of turkey burger, 1 cup of pasta)

Pre-competition (and don't get me wrong I know ur not in a competition I KNOW THAT, no need to explain) I would wake up at 3:30 a.m. do cardio for an hour on the treadmill come back home shower get ready for work, cook the following above, go to work then go back to the gym again for the second time. One hour of weights, another hour of cardio and by that time it's 7:30-8:00 pm. Cook another meal for the last meal of the day and then get to bed around 10:00 pm.

Next day!!!!!!!, another day in paradise!!! :rock

Last edited:
Do you believe in the products that sponsor you ? (If you have products sponsoring you that is)

I will be honest with you, yes and no because some of stuff that is out there you can simply break down and get the ingredients separate.

There's only two product that seems to be working and that's creatine and branch chain amino acids.

I like whey protein but there's much better food solutions that work better for absorption and thermogenetics than substitute food.

(Number 1 rule) substitute food out, sugar free stuff out, fat free stuff out (any of those products that state something like that on them have other ingredients to make them taste better which is artificial in one way or the other)

Go with rich whole foods made from the earth and you can never go wrong.

Back