The Sideshow Freaks Fitness Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You have to work that time in brother.

I miss a little time with my family now and gain more life later on that I might have missed when I was bigger. My body would have failed quicker at that size.

I know what you mean. Home is not always easy to not break away from especially with 9+ hour workdays as it is. I wish I had more time to dedicate cause once I'm there. I'm loving it.

I'm trying to look at stuff I can do at home. To fill in between the days I can't get there. Anyone do that?

You have to work that time in brother.

I miss a little time with my family now and gain more life later on that I might have missed when I was bigger. My body would have failed quicker at that size.

The unfortunate reality of my situation is that my wife and I divorced recently so I have more time to myself. I used to spend a lot of that time seeing movies and such, but made the decision to spend that free time more wisely and started hitting all of the classes my gym had to offer in the evenings. I don't recommend this method for people though... just trying to turn a negative into a positive. Must be working though... my ex and I met for lunch this past Sunday with our son to talk about his upcoming school schedule and she told me my arms looked bigger.

I know what you mean. Home is not always easy to not break away from especially with 9+ hour workdays as it is. I wish I had more time to dedicate cause once I'm there. I'm loving it.

I'm trying to look at stuff I can do at home. To fill in between the days I can't get there. Anyone do that?

Yes. I still have my Bowflex and use it when I cannot make the gym for any reason. There is so much you can do like the basics such as push up (so many different versions), sit ups and dips.

The unfortunate reality of my situation is that my wife and I divorced recently so I have more time to myself. I used to spend a lot of that time seeing movies and such, but made the decision to spend that free time more wisely and started hitting all of the classes my gym had to offer in the evenings. I don't recommend this method for people though... just trying to turn a negative into a positive. Must be working though... my ex and I met for lunch this past Sunday with our son to talk about his upcoming school schedule and she told me my arms looked bigger.

Yeah I went through that at one time. But my son keeps me grounded these days.

If any of you are looking for some great workout music, check out the Above & Beyond podcast on itunes. Its free.

Sweet ! What kind of music?

yeah for those that don't mind working out at home, invest in a home gym setup...

It doesn't have to be anything expensive, all I have is regular workout bench, with a lat pull down station and with the leg attachment...I also have a weight set that I bought and just bought a few more weight plates on the side as I needed them...

Also, get a good exercise book to help out, I have the Men's Health Home Workout Bible...It's got every exercise variation you can think of using dumbells and a barbell...It's no personal trainer, but it's like having a trainer in a book, been using it for a few years now. :D

yeah for those that don't mind working out at home, invest in a home gym setup...

It doesn't have to be anything expensive, all I have is regular workout bench, with a lat pull down station and with the leg attachment...I also have a weight set that I bought and just bought a few more weight plates on the side as I needed them...

Also, get a good exercise book to help out, I have the Men's Health Home Workout Bible...It's got every exercise variation you can think of using dumbells and a barbell...It's no personal trainer, but it's like having a trainer in a book, been using it for a few years now. :D

Craigslist can be a big help in finding cheap workout equipment for home use.

I'll have to give that some thought.

I love actually going to the gym, but I may have to look at some alternatives to make up for those bad days.

I'll have to give that some thought.

I love actually going to the gym, but I may have to look at some alternatives to make up for those bad days.

I have my regular gym that I've been going to for awhile now. I recently joined the gym here at work for those days when I can't get to my other gym (and for the times that I find myself with a few hours to kill during the day) and I also have some equipment at home for the days when I can't get to either of those. Most of the stuff at home is for more of a cardio/boxing/mma style workout though. Not a lot of weights there.

Don't really post in this thread, but just stopping in to say that i've lost 12 pounds, switched to a sugar (other than natural) free diet, as well as lots of grains, oats, nuts, fruits, and lean meats. Also taking in a lot of protein and starting to build good muscle. This has been over the course of a month and a half now. :rock

Thanks for the inspiration guys n gals.

Don't really post in this thread, but just stopping in to say that i've lost 12 pounds, switched to a sugar (other than natural) free diet, as well as lots of grains, oats, nuts, fruits, and lean meats. Also taking in a lot of protein and starting to build good muscle. This has been over the course of a month and a half now. :rock

That's great! Keep up the good work!!

I have my regular gym that I've been going to for awhile now. I recently joined the gym here at work for those days when I can't get to my other gym (and for the times that I find myself with a few hours to kill during the day) and I also have some equipment at home for the days when I can't get to either of those. Most of the stuff at home is for more of a cardio/boxing/mma style workout though. Not a lot of weights there.

Cool. I was thinking of getting a heavy bag. How does this work for you guys?

NICE bNc !

From what I can seen in this thread, the artificial sweetners are really that bad ?

Looks like it does not leave much hope for a diabetic like me ?

Yes they are worse than real sugar, do you want real cocaine or fake cocaine :lol

LoL. I know they are worse than real sugar. but I really can't have that. So am I S.O.L ?

And ummm.... pass the hash please (as Brad Pitt would say). :rotfl

(No not really !):duh

Cool. I was thinking of getting a heavy bag. How does this work for you guys?

NICE bNc !

From what I can seen in this thread, the artificial sweetners are really that bad ?

Looks like it does not leave much hope for a diabetic like me ?

Yeah man, I stay away from artificial stuff. Only time I eat any of that is if my wife uses the "Splenda for Baking" stuff. But that's about it. By natural sugars, I meant from fruits and stuff.

My mother in law is a severe diabetic (pump and all), so she has to have artificial as well.

I would suggest trying Truvia... as right now, it's the most natural stuff out there for a sweetener. https://www.truvia.com/

Yeah man, I stay away from artificial stuff. Only time I eat any of that is if my wife uses the "Splenda for Baking" stuff. But that's about it. By natural sugars, I meant from fruits and stuff.

My mother in law is a severe diabetic (pump and all), so she has to have artificial as well.

I would suggest trying Truvia... as right now, it's the most natural stuff out there for a sweetener. https://www.truvia.com/

I have seen that.

I will be getting some to use at home.

I wish more companies used it as it appears Splenda is the item of choice these days.

Back