The Strain on FX - starts July 13

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not commenting on whether or not a spoiler tag should be used - as far as I know that's been fixed by Matt. I'm just saying that if one has watched the episode and paid attention, what was in that spoiler should already be known.

This happens all the time in every thread about movies and TV shows. There will always be spoilers for someone, even if they come in here during the off season. The ultimate advice is if you want to stay absolutely spoiler free, don't participate in threads about the content. That's the only way to even begin to avoid them.

I try not to post spoilers, but I don't care if someone else does. It's just not that big a deal.

I don't know about that. While I don't remember the exact dialog word for word, I do remember the Master talking to Eichorst about his body failing. He then told him to send Bolivar to get the loam and worms and also to get the children. We later see the blind children have been immersed in the dirt and worms and Kelly standing over them as they emerge.

As a book reader, it is easier to interpret things with that predisposition. I still stand by my statement that it doesn't take a heck of alot of effort to put spoiler tags on something. While it may not be a big deal to some, it can be a big deal to others.

Alright, let's get back to enjoying the show...

I am liking the divergences that the show is taking from the books. It makes it more entertaining to watch. For example, Dutch isn't even in the books, so she adds a whole new dynamic to the show. Also will be interesting to see how Eph and Nora's biological experimentation turns out. I don't remember that in the books either.

One last thing, Eph is so much more likeable/funny when he drinks. :lol

I've never read the books. ;)

The most distracting/unsettling things for me in the first episode:

Eph's bad wig
Eph's annoying kid - bad writing? Bad acting? both? Needs to be fixed, get rid of the character is my vote.

I've never read the books. ;)

The most distracting/unsettling things for me in the first episode:

Eph's bad wig
Eph's annoying kid - bad writing? Bad acting? both? Needs to be fixed, get rid of the character is my vote.

Eph's wig is more unsettling to you then a class full of blind schoool children getting vamped?? Sicko! :D I keed.

Eph's wig is pretty bad. New Zach is awful. I hope they dont send him down the same story arc that they did for Carl on TWD.

Things I enjoyed about the episode...

Setrakian's line to Eph and Nora about finally being useful.
The Ancients waking up and feeding.
Dutch!

Obviously I mean "unsettling" from a production standpoint, not plot/story. ;)

So will the difference between "blind from birth" and not come up again?

Obviously I mean "unsettling" from a production standpoint, not plot/story. ;)

So will the difference between "blind from birth" and not come up again?

Are you trying to get me to reveal a spoiler? :lol

I actually don't remember if it ever made a difference in the books. It's been a few years since I read them. :D

I also do not remember that spoiler being mentioned in the episode at all either :mad:. If you guys want to see his future look though, google his name.

I haven't read the books and I really don't want to know anything from it. Same with comics in The Walking Dead thread. I understand that it happens, but please try not post anything from the books. I know that they can and will deviate from the books though.

Does anyone know if the guy who was "sacrificed" to the ancient ones was just a human off the street? He seemed to be completely clean shaven from head to toe and built, almost like he was saved just for that or something.

they never even mentioned where that human came from or any back story to how they feed the ancients. A couple things I noticed about the original "master" , his fabric bodysuit was standing out to me big time and the huge almost tumor like red section on his neck.....I never noticed any other vamp or even the master really have that before unless I'm forgetting something.

Don't know where the human that was sacrificed to the Ancients came from. Same thing with the human that Eichorst had chained up in his apartment in S1. They both appear to be random humans off the street that were "saved" for the specific purpose of feeding the elite vampires.

It is the vampire equivalent of a 5 star restaurant. :lol

I never knew Eph was wearing a wig! I didn't know he was almost totally bald. Now I'll be looking at that all the time. :lol

hoping the kid gets killed off next week. You can tell he's a little punk just by looking at him. The only interesting parts were the historic events. This show would've been better off as a two part movie for sure.

hoping the kid gets killed off next week. You can tell he's a little punk just by looking at him. The only interesting parts were the historic events. This show would've been better off as a two part movie for sure.

I don't think so. I liked last nights show. They aren't going to be all just killing vamps and stuff.

Wow, Deja Vu with The Walking Dead thread. :lol

And I agree.....kill that damn kid off. Did they change actors because the other one couldn't pull it off being a little ****?

I don't think so. I liked last nights show. They aren't going to be all just killing vamps and stuff.

Wow, Deja Vu with The Walking Dead thread. :lol

And I agree.....kill that damn kid off. Did they change actors because the other one couldn't pull it off being a little ****?

Don't worry Ween, I'm here. I thought last night's episode was good too. Ween got to see Fet's backside and I got to see Dutch's. Win-win.

They are building up several storylines that will play out over the course of the season. I am curious to see how the Strigoi virus works.

Yeah that kid needs to go.:monkey4 As much as I them killing vamps, I also like learning more of these characters. I'm really enjoying seeing more of Abraham's past and who he becomes.

Don't worry Ween, I'm here. I thought last night's episode was good too. Ween got to see Fet's backside and I got to see Dutch's. Win-win.

They are building up several storylines that will play out over the course of the season. I am curious to see how the Strigoi virus works.

Since I don't get to see much male butt on TV, I'll take it. :lol

He's been with his mother most of the time. All a suddenly, his father is around and his mom gone. Hard for him but yea he's a cry kid.

Back