The Strain on FX - starts July 13

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed and I enjoyed last season a lot. Those mercs either being killed or captured was a huge deal, but hardly even a mention of them last week. The historical parts are the only parts that have stood out to me. I feel like the characters should work more as a team rather then going off and doing their own thing. That doesn't make sense to me.

This was a good episode! Still want Eph's kid gone. UGH!

Now you guys won't have to look at the bad wig anymore. :lol

Spider kids........creepy ass MFs :panic:

I'm curious why we haven't seen um idk what the military? I mean what ferguson does when public bs happens. Martial Law comes in.. I mean where National Guard doing a covert search and destroy? Oh look... there's a vampire threat up north. What do we do? I mean seriously... no biohazard military intrusion and eradication? All I've seen is cops with scanners and cdc using blacklights... **** hate to say this but at least rick waking up in TWD had ****ing military references where they at least tried to stop infiltration... this series makes the government look like 1930's we can't contact anybody in the mountains...

I can't remember but I seem to recall a couple episodes back explaining why they haven't sent the military or national guard in. I think it had something to do with the CDC guy. Can't remember 100%.

I can't remember but I seem to recall a couple episodes back explaining why they haven't sent the military or national guard in. I think it had something to do with the CDC guy. Can't remember 100%.

I was thinking the vamps had control of certain government offices. Doesn't the Governor have to call in the National Guard? Also, the time is moving slower than you think.

Still want Eph's kid gone. UGH!

9431372ed415c2450f2106473aee3631

Very good episode. Finally the Strain’s most loathsome creature has been destroyed, Corey Stoll's Wig! Also great ending, Mr Q is in the house! :yess:

i think i read that season 3 already has the green light. They couldn't drag this show out any longer than that could they?

Well being that there's 3 books and we're on book 2 now, it's easily possible. I can see them stretching it out to 4 or even 5 seasons if it isn't cancelled before then.

Well being that there's 3 books and we're on book 2 now, it's easily possible. I can see them stretching it out to 4 or even 5 seasons if it isn't cancelled before then.

Is the author still writing in the series? Also, if it's still popular, they could always continue it and add new things. Or spin it off somehow. Seems most series now are aiming for 5 years and then ending, so they could probably stretch it that far.

Is the author still writing in the series? Also, if it's still popular, they could always continue it and add new things. Or spin it off somehow. Seems most series now are aiming for 5 years and then ending, so they could probably stretch it that far.

Do you mean is he still writing more books? If so then no I don't believe he is. They were finished before production ended and it had one of those definitive endings that there isn't really any wiggle room. But as other book to show/movie adaptations have shown, they don't have to follow the books if they don't want. That being said, regardless of story, who knows if the ratings will keep it going or not. It got renewed for season 3 so it can't be doing that bad but I doubt it's got the heavy numbers of other shows.

Do you mean is he still writing more books? If so then no I don't believe he is. They were finished before production ended and it had one of those definitive endings that there isn't really any wiggle room. But as other book to show/movie adaptations have shown, they don't have to follow the books if they don't want. That being said, regardless of story, who knows if the ratings will keep it going or not. It got renewed for season 3 so it can't be doing that bad but I doubt it's got the heavy numbers of other shows.

Yeah, I was wondering if he was still writing anymore books, like Game of Thrones. I've never read the books.

That being said, they'll probably stretch it out for 5 seasons. That seems to be the norm now.

The trilogy of books is finished. Right now they are averaging a season per book, so this could be wrapped up in 3 seasons. That's good enough for me.

The trilogy of books is finished. Right now they are averaging a season per book, so this could be wrapped up in 3 seasons. That's good enough for me.

That's what it should do, but if the ratings are good enough, it wouldn't surprise me for them to stretch it out. Either that or somehow spin it off.

Back