The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Comic and Un-aired Spoilers unwelcome!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am so surprised the Darylites are not in here crying a river and calling foul.

I like Daryl , but I think killing him would thin the viewership to a core group of people who watch the show for better reasons than fan service. They would discover their true base fans and those that will stick with the show beyond a single character. That being said , its the exact reason I doubt they will kill him until rating sstart to slide seriously.....

giphy.gif

As far as Negan goes , what makes him a great character is his true sociopath nature. He does horrible stuff , but in such a way that its charming , until it isn't. Your engaged in his speeches , until your horrified , you think he might be reasonable and fair, until he introduces and speaks so nicely to "Lucille".

But what makes him truly great, is he is toe to toe with Rick, baiting him, belittling him, taunting him, and pushing him into a corner with no escape....now just how do you think Rick will handle that?

The Governor was a wuss compared to Negan.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Imagine if Negan takes out Maggie?!!! I just don't see the show running with a new baby storyline again. But they might so I'll guess we will wait and see...

Maggie will be a 2 for 1 deal and the most shocking death. Next season would watching Glenn do his version of Rick loosing it. Glenn would be a raging, one man killing machine and go out in a blaze of glory. It would be nice to see him accidentally take out Morgan in his berserker stage.

Who is really going to stop watching this because Daryl dies? Really? Not true fans if they shut it off because of it.

This "true fan" crap is for the birds. People watch tv shows for different reasons. They stop watching them for different reasons as well. Doesn't mean they weren't "true fans" of the show until then.

Maggie will be a 2 for 1 deal and the most shocking death. Next season would watching Glenn do his version of Rick loosing it. Glenn would be a raging, one man killing machine and go out in a blaze of glory. It would be nice to see him accidentally take out Morgan in his berserker stage.

IF it's true that Andrew Lincoln was really upset by reading the script, I really think it's going to be either Maggie or Judith. They may not get it by bat, but their death will be hard either way. I don't think Andrew would get "sick" by the death of Daryl, or Glenn, or even Carol.

I dunno, I think anyone getting killed the way it went down in the comics would be pretty sickening as they all really think of themselves as a family at this point. Certainly some would be harder to take than others, but its certainly one of the most gruesome pages of the comic, period.

I dunno, I think anyone getting killed the way it went down in the comics would be pretty sickening as they all really think of themselves as a family at this point. Certainly some would be harder to take than others, but its certainly one of the most gruesome pages of the comic, period.

True, the brutality of it probably outweighs the who.

This "true fan" crap is for the birds. People watch tv shows for different reasons. They stop watching them for different reasons as well. Doesn't mean they weren't "true fans" of the show until then.

If you watch a show strictly to stare at Daryl, I don't think you're watching for the right reasons. You wanna stare, go google him. It's ridiculous IMO to stop watching a show because you're favorite character is killed off.

Im sure viewership drops with every death then right?

If you watch a show strictly to stare at Daryl, I don't think you're watching for the right reasons. You wanna stare, go google him. It's ridiculous IMO to stop watching a show because you're favorite character is killed off.

Im sure viewership drops with every death then right?

I don't watch it just to see Reedus, but if that's why someone watches, what does it matter to you?

I can't tell you how many times I've seen men on here post that they're only watching a movie or show for this or that sexy woman. No difference.

Like I said, people watch tv programs for all different reasons and stop watching them for reasons too. I know of people who no longer root for certain sports teams because someone gets traded or hired or kicked off or whatever.

I've never seen people root to have people killed off as much as I see with this show. :lol

It doesn't matter to me. Apparently I've struck a nerve. Not my intent. I apologize if you took it wrong.

I get your point. I just think with a show this popular, people will continue to watch no matter what happens. Killing Daryl off at Negans hands will cement him as a huge villain and hated. Killing Glenn would not have the same effect since they already screwed with us earlier. Judith would be horrible too but no way
Spoiler Spoiler:

The only other person I can remember really hoping got killed (other than Daryl ;) was Lori. Couldn't wait for her to bite it. Maybe Dale too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back