The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Comic and Un-aired Spoilers unwelcome!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anything that happened in the lineup eenie meenie sequence detail-wise should not be used as something to decipher who got Lucilled. Remember how the mid season finale ended with that stupid boy in the lineup saying "mom...mom...mom...mom" and how different the scene ended up being. They changed Glenns dumpster scene a bit too to make it somewhat more believable that he survived. The show likes to leave fans astray a bit.

But no way it'll be Eugene, or Rosita, Sasha, Aaron, and even Abraham. Their deaths won't be as impact full and devastating as any of the A-team. And to set Negans intro they are going to go for devastating and unforgettable. What's the point if they dont? To have a long timer get killed by some walkers in some poor lack of judgment next season? No this is the way you got to do it for this guy. His arrival his heart breaking.

Due to Negans comments about what to do if Carl or Rick trying to help we know it isn't them (not that they weren't safe anyway). I highly doubt it's maggie or michonne. It's daryl or glenn...and I'd say Glenn

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Agreed. They are pushing that everything changes for the group. It has to be an A-teamer. A B-teamer just won't have the audience impact, or the impact for Rick personally. If it is red-shirt guy, then that's the ultimate cop out. I don't think Abraham or Eugene will have the same impact, although Abraham would at least be the one to "take it like a champ"

It's obviously not Rick, nor is it Carl. Besides there are reports of them fleshing out the relationship between Negan and Carl next season. And although rules of engagement probably are a lot laxer in adult graphic novels/comics/anime etc, I just don't see them going down the line of bashing the living tar out of a woman or child with a barb wire baseball bat on a TV programme. I can't think of any female deaths to date with a high level of person on person violence. The cannibal throat slitting was all men iirc. If someone can list one, I'd be curious to know. My attention to the series has been variable since leaving the prison. (Although Rick was pretty violent a few episodes ago trying to save his son in the zombie horde)

Anything less than Daryl or Glenn seems like the easy way out to me. Neither were looking too healthy during Negan's speech anyway.

:rotfl

Some fans have waaay too much time on their hands.

You're right. That is funny.

tumblr_lkz0e6TESi1qcctnf.gif

SnakeDoc

:lol :lol :lol

Anyone othher than glen or daryl would be a cop out. Which is why i was nervous when the guy who made first contact joined the posse. I figured it was just for Red Shirt purposes.

I've wanted it to be Daryl simply for the devastation it would have on the group and the fanbase, but I think they are going with Glenn. I'm not a fan at all of the cliffhanger, but hopefully they hold true to their word and give us a story "worthy" of this ending. :slap

I've wanted it to be Daryl simply for the devastation it would have on the group and the fanbase, but I think they are going with Glenn. I'm not a fan at all of the cliffhanger, but hopefully they hold true to their word and give us a story "worthy" of this ending. :slap

Why would you want to devastate the fan base? Just asking.

To be honest, I'm hoping it's Glenn. A S1er for the impact (no pun intended) but it leaves the group with its big guns, Daryl and Abraham.

Why would you want to devastate the fan base? Just asking.

To really make Negan the big bad he's supposed to be. I think a gut punch to the fan base with the death of Daryl is not a bad thing. Not to say the death of Glenn or Abraham wouldn't suck either. Just having the new villain take out Rick's muscle with a simple game of Eenie Meenie would be incredible IMO. It would shake Rick to the core and completely break him down to nothing, forcing him to pick himself up and build himself back into the leader he is. He was a broken man in front of Negan and seeing his right hand taken out with ease would be devastating to him. It would make him question everything he has recently done and put his ego in check. You could see his confidence drop with every road block.

However, the death of Glenn would really push Maggie's story and make her into what she is currently in the comic. She doesn't get there without the death of Glenn.

To be honest, I'm hoping it's Glenn. A S1er for the impact (no pun intended) but it leaves the group with its big guns, Daryl and Abraham.

It has to be him. It was him on the comics plus they foreshadow the hell out of it by having in hold a baseball bat in the beginning of the season, a having him be the only one who saw the pictures of people with their heads bashed in. AMC has to go with him unless they chicken out.

Someone died.

I think Daryl would be too weak for Negan to kill. He doesn't come across as a right hand in the scene. He's a bleeding wreck.

I think Glenn marked himself getting out of line. And I think his death will be far more devastating to Rick. Glenn was his first friend in Atlanta. He saved his dumbass life. Daryl would hurt, but he's a greater tactical loss than emotional. Add the effect on Maggie, who is another of his back row chesspieces and you have a formula for a man who will rise to be reckoned with. It won't end like the prison this time.

Someone died.

I think Daryl would be too weak for Negan to kill. He doesn't come across as a right hand in the scene. He's a bleeding wreck.

I think Glenn marked himself getting out of line. And I think his death will be far more devastating to Rick. Glenn was his first friend in Atlanta. He saved his dumbass life. Daryl would hurt, but he's a greater tactical loss than emotional. Add the effect on Maggie, who is another of his back row chesspieces and you have a formula for a man who will rise to be reckoned with. It won't end like the prison this time.

Precisely. Glenn is the emotional loss and that is precisely what the viewer needs to be invested in Negan.

They said they wanted to start season 7 with the death as it will impact upon the next steps the characters will take in the story. Glenn's death is the only one that would impact on the majority of the group. If it was going to be Aaron, Rosita or Eugene they would have ended on that note for the shock factor and that alone would have been a big death regardless. But they didn't.

Someone died.

:exactly: This.

Back