The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Comic and Un-aired Spoilers unwelcome!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was about to respond to that Khev, put it back :lol

I'm multitasking with a conference call at work and got half a new thought started in my post when my client jumped on the line. I thought "ah screw it" and deleted the rest. :lol

I don't even really remember where I was going so feel free to respond to whatever you remember. :lol

That's the thing. I didn't watch the full episode and then go, "hmmm, you know thinking back to that first encounter it's too bad Rick didn't attack those guys." I thought they were making a mistake the second they backed away from the Saviors who were threatening them while standing out in the open with no cover whatsoever. It was dumb for the Saviors to be out like sitting ducks and it was dumb for Rick's group to let them get away with it.

But I thought "okay, I'll go with it, let's see how this plays out, maybe they're going to show how Rick made the right call." And then the episode did play out and we see that Rick gets captured, somebody gets killed, and as a viewer I found that highly annoying.

Or maybe they are going to show how Rick made the wrong call. That was the whole point of the episode. To show how Rick's decisions led them to a dire and grave situation. Rick is not infallible (although I think he was thinking he was) and this episode showed that. I'll say it again...heavy is the head that wears the crown.

I'm multitasking with a conference call at work and got half a new thought started in my post when my client jumped on the line. I thought "ah screw it" and deleted the rest. :lol

I don't even really remember where I was going so feel free to respond to whatever you remember. :lol

Actually...what I read the first time is there again...and now we're on a new page because of an additional post. I'm so confused.

Well anyway...

Actually...what I read the first time is there again...and now we're on a new page because of an additional post. I'm so confused.

Well anyway...

Oh I thought you were commenting on an edit I was doing on the fly and I do that so often I figured that you noticed something I deleted. Now you're confusing me and I'm very uncomfortable.

I just don't like to see Rick regressing in survival instinct. Remember when he met those two guys in the bar with Hershel? They merely hinted at wanting to visit the farm and check out their lady folk and Rick blew them away. They should have gunned down that first roadblock. It didn't make sense for them to retreat when those guys were openly threatening their lives and were all standing there like easy targets.

The whole damn episode just felt so contrived.

I thought that was going to happen. Reverse back a bit, go on foot and wipe them out.

That's the thing. I didn't watch the full episode and then go, "hmmm, you know thinking back to that first encounter it's too bad Rick didn't attack those guys." I thought they were making a mistake the second they backed away from the Saviors who were threatening them while standing out in the open with no cover whatsoever. It was dumb for the Saviors to be out like sitting ducks and it was dumb for Rick's group to let them get away with it.

But I thought "okay, I'll go with it, let's see how this plays out, maybe they're going to show how Rick made the right call." And then the episode did play out and we see that Rick gets captured, somebody gets killed, and as a viewer I found that highly annoying.

The problem was - and I'm trying to place myself in Rick's head at that particular time before it became apparent that the saviours were blocking off every road - the people at the first roadblock were spread out a bit and looked like they had machine guns. And I don't think they were totally without cover, there was things they could have dived behind.

Ricks group stopped the RV a fair bit away and kinda nose first rather than turning it sideways - so the RV couldn't offer much cover for all the shooters they had unless some stayed glued to the sides and some got back inside and shot from out the windshield or something. But the RV probably couldn't afford to take gunfire anyway.

There was just no guarantees of being able to kill even that smaller group of saviours, not without taking casualties themselves and/or ruining their transportation.

So that's why I bring up hindsight - yes, getting captured and everyone being executed (even though that doesn't end up being the case but it should have been thought likely) is a worse scenario but they didn't know that was imminent. So Rick took what he thought was the sensible option at that time.

Last edited:
I just don't like to see Rick regressing in survival instinct. Remember when he met those two guys in the bar with Hershel? They merely hinted at wanting to visit the farm and check out their lady folk and Rick blew them away. They should have gunned down that first roadblock. It didn't make sense for them to retreat when those guys were openly threatening their lives and were all standing there like easy targets.

The whole damn episode just felt so contrived.

It might've been different if Maggie wasn't there or in better shape. And Rick didn't know just how big Negan's army was. And this show was about Rick's mistakes.

I'm still a fan but I don't think you can top the tension of the first two seasons.

That's because it was all new. I remember when I saw the very first show. It affected me! I couldn't sleep. I wasn't even sure if I could watch anymore of it. Rick shooting that little girl! :panic:

You didn't fix it. You obliterated it and left my post a durn'd orphan.

"HOW DARE YOU!!!"

r0nu4k.jpg

I've only screwed up doing that once. I was sharing the website I set up for the a via web conference and accidentally hit a tab that had a full screen pic of Elizabeth Olsen as Scarlet Witch instead. "Heh heh, uh, moving right along now..." I assume they at least knew it was a screenshot from a movie and not some random hooker. :lol

I've only screwed up doing that once. I was sharing the website I set up for the client via web conference and accidentally hit a tab that had a full screen pic of Elizabeth Olsen as Scarlet Witch instead. "Heh heh, uh, moving right along now..." I assume they at least knew is was a screenshot from a movie and not some random hooker. :lol

You and your Elizabeth Olsen fake nudes again eh?

Back