The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Comic and Un-aired Spoilers unwelcome!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Someone died.

I think Daryl would be too weak for Negan to kill. He doesn't come across as a right hand in the scene. He's a bleeding wreck.

I think Glenn marked himself getting out of line. And I think his death will be far more devastating to Rick. Glenn was his first friend in Atlanta. He saved his dumbass life. Daryl would hurt, but he's a greater tactical loss than emotional. Add the effect on Maggie, who is another of his back row chesspieces and you have a formula for a man who will rise to be reckoned with. It won't end like the prison this time.

If I were Glenn and took that first hit I'd spend my last few moments of life looking at Maggie instead of staring down Negan "like a champ."

I just don't like to see Rick regressing in survival instinct. Remember when he met those two guys in the bar with Hershel? They merely hinted at wanting to visit the farm and check out their lady folk and Rick blew them away. They should have gunned down that first roadblock. It didn't make sense for them to retreat when those guys were openly threatening their lives and were all standing there like easy targets.

The whole damn episode just felt so contrived.

I just don't like to see Rick regressing in survival instinct. Remember when he met those two guys in the bar with Hershel? They merely hinted at wanting to visit the farm and check out their lady folk and Rick blew them away. They should have gunned down that first roadblock. It didn't make sense for them to retreat when those guys were openly threatening their lives and were all standing there like easy targets.

But then what happens? Ricks group is very outnumbered so the rest of Negans group will still eventually find Rick and now Negan bats 2-3 of them instead of 1.

Planet Shane.

I feel like a Walking Dead seasons 1-6 binge now. All this talk of Shane makes me want to go back and rewatch it from the start, it's been awhile. My sister has never watched the show and she's about to watch it from the start, I wonder how she will find it watching each season back to back...

Rick going full RAMBO would have been the stupidest thing. I am so glad they didn't write it that way.

sylvester-stallone-rambo-tv-show.gif

But then what happens?

Nothing worse than what DID happen. If Rick's group took out the first roadblock they'd either:

A. Be eliminating some of the last of Negan's forces and eliminating future ambushes

or

B. Eliminate some of Negan's great army and be no worse off than how they ended up. They might have even managed to get to Hilltop if that road was the quickest way.

Either way they would have reduced the enemy force and been better off. Backing up slowly only invited themselves to be shot at, possibly getting Abraham killed, tires shot out, etc. Based on the knowledge that *Rick had* letting those guys live was no wiser than letting the two guys live in the bar back in Season 2. But I guess that was just him stupidly "going Rambo" then too. :cuckoo:

Nothing worse than what DID happen. If Rick's group took out the first roadblock they'd either:

A. Be eliminating some of the last of Negan's forces and eliminating future ambushes

or

B. Eliminate some of Negan's great army and be no worse off than how they ended up. They might have even managed to get to Hilltop if that road was the quickest way.

Either way they would have reduced the enemy force and been better off. Backing up slowly only invited themselves to be shot at, possibly getting Abraham killed, tires shot out, etc. Based on the knowledge that *Rick had* letting those guys live was no wiser than letting the two guys live in the bar back in Season 2. But I guess that was just him stupidly "going Rambo" then too.

I don't see how you can compare to the situations. The two guys in the bar were more of a covert operation to kill to guys so they weren't discovered. That's like seeing Rick order a Sausage Egg McMuffin in the morning and expecting him to order another one at dinner. :lol

As for your assertion that "Nothing worse" would have happened, what are you basing that on?

I feel like a Walking Dead seasons 1-6 binge now. All this talk of Shane makes me want to go back and rewatch it from the start, it's been awhile. My sister has never watched the show and she's about to watch it from the start, I wonder how she will find it watching each season back to back...

I'm still a fan but I don't think you can top the tension of the first two seasons.

As for your assertion that "Nothing worse" would have happened, what are you basing that on?

The first two seasons I guess which as I think of it is pretty silly on my part. Clearly Negan's group had magical powers of omnipresence and would have been invincible no matter what Rick did until the script calls for him to utterly destroy them with ease two or three seasons from now. I just wish it wasn't so obvious and still felt more real like the way the show used to be.

Hindsight being 20/20 I'm sure Rick wishes he'd done just that. It also appeared to be a smaller grouping than some of the later ones (unless there were more hidden in the surrounding trees)

I'm guessing he thought it was too risky which it would indeed have been. Their only cover was their RV and they surely would have lost at least someone in the firefight. And he had Carl with him (actually why again did he allow Carl to come along?).

Having said all this I'm not sure why he would have been confident that the people at roadblock 1 wouldn't open fire anyway. We know that Negan just wants to subjugate them rather than kill them but Rick shouldn't know that (until Negan later says as much)

If the Rambo character existed in the WD universe I wonder how long he would last...:lol

A character like Rambo would have been fine. He wouldn't need to rely on a group for his survival and most likely wouldn't come into contact with anyone if he didn't have to.

You don't seem to want to accept the fact that you're dealing with an expert in guerrilla warfare. A man who's the best with guns, with knives, with his bare hands. A man who's been trained to ignore pain, ignore weather. To live off the land! To eat things that would make a billy goat puke. In Vietnam his main job was to dispose of enemy personnel. To Kill! Period! And Rambo was the best.

:lol

Hindsight being 20/20 I'm sure Rick wishes he'd done just that.

That's the thing. I didn't watch the full episode and then go, "hmmm, you know thinking back to that first encounter it's too bad Rick didn't attack those guys." I thought they were making a mistake the second they backed away from the Saviors who were threatening them while standing out in the open with no cover whatsoever. It was dumb for the Saviors to be out like sitting ducks and it was dumb for Rick's group to let them get away with it.

But I thought "okay, I'll go with it, let's see how this plays out, maybe they're going to show how Rick made the right call." And then the episode did play out and we see that Rick gets captured, somebody gets killed, and as a viewer I found that highly annoying.

Back