The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Comic and Un-aired Spoilers unwelcome!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Spoilers!!)

And there is something definitely in the tea.

9fabf379bc8d9cf6325cdd38c7e602a9.jpg

this was such a good episode. But so many questions.... Why did he have those heads? why did he kill the soldiers? what's with the Tea? if he is so evil how why does everyone trust him like that?

this was such a good episode. But so many questions.... Why did he have those heads? why did he kill the soldiers? what's with the Tea? if he is so evil how why does everyone trust him like that?

The answer to the soldiers is simple. An armed military unit is a threat to the Governor's control, and the structure of Woodbury. In his mind, the first thing that unit is gonna do when they get into his community is take command. He doesn't want anything disrupting that order. Plus, the supplies are a nice bonus.

Well, tried to watch TWD but there was no sound on AMC. Going to wait for the 11pm showing to see if they get things straightened out.

What's with the spoiler tags? :lol

This is a "Spoilers" thread ;)

I don't know why anyone would even come into this thread the night a new episode is airing before seeing it. If you're that dumb, you deserve to get spoiled.

I don't know why anyone would even come into this thread the night a new episode is airing before seeing it. If you're that dumb, you deserve to get spoiled.

seriously, :lecture the truth right here. Why would anyone come here before seeing the show is beyond me really why would someone come to read here about an episode they have not watched?

stupid people :slap

It makes sense to me that the Governor
took out all those soldiers.

First, the way he did it was perfect. His men were already in position. Targets selected. He shows up as one guy. Mentions the name of their comrade. His compound. They let their guard down, are all uncovered/unshielded, easy targets. When the Gov senses the time is right, he shoots, his men do the same. Quick, precise.

Why kill them? Multiple reasons. He has enough men to do the work he needs. They are trusted, loyal. He can get all their weapons, beans, bullets, bandages, etc. Less to share. His cover story is believable.

This Governor although a bit mentally unstable (just check out his collection) but he is smart, ruthless, cunning. He is living the good life, has what he needs, and will use the necessary force to keep it. Controls the male population by keeping their numbers down, and yet keeping a larger population of women. You know to re-populate the world and take back what is theirs.

He will be a formidable opponent to Rick. Although, Rick has gotten dark grey, he isn't black. The governor is true black. Rick would negotiate/make a deal. The governor, he does it his way, only way he would do something that would look like a negotiation would be if he had the final solution worked out and needed his enemy to act the way he wants them to.

The tea
just because they all seem to drink it, doesn't mean it is all the same. It could be that it is the cups/glasses that are treated. The tea is just that. However, it is dissolving something in the cups. I would think it was something to make the women, non-trusted men, a little passive. Just a little tranquilizer, a little Dr. Feel Good stuff.

Why is it in every postapocalyptic-type show the leader of the safe-haven is really an ******* with a hidden agenda? It seems pretty cliched at this point.

On Talking Dead, they said all the tea drinking was simply an inside joke about one of the writers, take that for what it's worth.

Why is it in every postapocalyptic-type show the leader of the safe-haven is really an ******* with a hidden agenda? It seems pretty cliched at this point.

The leader wants what he has and wants to keep it. Absolute power/control. Only people totally dedicated to their cause/themselves will be able to succeed. It's not a democracy. Totalitarianism. So far, he seems to get away with it by making himself look like the Savior, the good guy, I'm here to help. Only his most trusted know the real deal, and apparently he has some kind of control over his trusted as well. We haven't seen that. This guy likes to do things the easy way, but I bet that, if he needed to, he could drop the charade and do what he needs to to continue having it his way. This guy would put all previous real world dictators to shame. His only limitation is size of the group, and he's definitely controlling that, for now.

Back