The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Comic and Un-aired Spoilers unwelcome!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Spoilers!!)

I really do not see AMC going nearly as extreme as the book but last night was a good start.

I really do not see AMC going nearly as extreme as the book but last night was a good start.

Yeah, same. Although I get a feeling that Merle is going to cut off Rick's hand and cut off T-Dog's head.

I haven't read the comics and probably won't because it's pretty cool watching it all develop in the series.

Andrea almost seems like she is ready to go back to who she was before the "Zombie Bang" happened, not who she developed into.

Michonne knows the two rules to success:
1. Never give out all the information.

I believe that showing the Governer's family photo shows that both he and Rick seemed to have similar "normal" lives before the new world order took over.

Interesting that this late in the game there are other groups of people surviving. Especially a group like a National Guard Unit. That can be the basis for future encounters. Just for fun, imagine a group of Amish.

Although it wasn't shown, winter has come and gone. I imagine the Walkers in the Northern regions, where the temperature drops below freezing for long periods of time, the freezing of their brains, would have decimated the Walker population significantly. I'm not 100% sure of this since the heads survive after decapitation. Would a frozen Walker "wake up" when their brain thawed?

I've never read to comics and don't intend to.

Although it wasn't shown, winter has come and gone. I imagine the Walkers in the Northern regions, where the temperature drops below freezing for long periods of time, the freezing of their brains, would have decimated the Walker population significantly. I'm not 100% sure of this since the heads survive after decapitation. Would a frozen Walker "wake up" when their brain thawed?

I've never read to comics and don't intend to.

Nah, I'd assume they'd just reanimate after thawing. And I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the Amish embrace the zombies as "God's will."

I know it's hot, humid in the South, but still, I'd find some kind of protective sports gear to wear to provide some kind of protection from bites. It's light weight, made for mobility.

they'll cut back and forth next week it looks like...

I'm fine with that - they need to get back to the prison as well. But for the first episode introducing the Governor and Woodbury, as well as giving the girls some screen time, I'm glad they stayed there.

Loved last nights show, my wife kept saying he(gov) doesn't seem that and then bam! It's gonna get really interesting soon.

I know it's hot, humid in the South, but still, I'd find some kind of protective sports gear to wear to provide some kind of protection from bites. It's light weight, made for mobility.

Chainmail........or shark suits. :lol

This is a slippery slope of allowing too much logic into the TWD world, but there's a fair amount that could be used for protection. For me, I'd wear my goalie chest protector - it's light, mobile, and protective (and best of all, in my house).

But if everyone was waddling around in goalie gear, this show probably wouldn't be as fun to watch, so I'd prefer they just stay exposed.

As CB said, it's a double-edged sword, sacrificing mobility which is most crucial for protection. This sounds very redneck-ey, but seriously, duct tape the outside of a leather jacket. You get lightweight, bite-proof armor with minimal sacrifice.

Loved last nights show, my wife kept saying he(gov) doesn't seem that bad and then bam! It's gonna get really interesting soon.

I felt exactly the same. I kinda knew going in from reading comic spoilers that this was a warped guy but it certainly didn't seem that way up until..well...

Another captivating episode anyway. Minor nitpick - how in the hell did they not immediately see Andrea and Michonne hiding behind some very light vegetation near the beginning of the episode, especially with the sniper-scopes they had.

Why is it in every postapocalyptic-type show the leader of the safe-haven is really an ******* with a hidden agenda? It seems pretty cliched at this point.

Although, yeah, this^

However, its part of the comics and the comics are loved. I'll keep faith.

But what was so dumb was how easy they killed them. That unit was out there by themselves and they let 5-6 guys take them out? No way the governor would have made it out alive in that situation along with not even one shot being fired at him.

And that^

Last edited:

If you enjoy the governor,check Kirkman' s RISE OF THE GOVERNOR. Not a masterpiece but very entertaining look at the governor's backstory.

If you enjoy the governor,check Kirkman' s RISE OF THE GOVERNOR. Not a masterpiece but very entertaining look at the governor's backstory.

Does it lean more towards the comic or show?

Back