The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Comic and Un-aired Spoilers unwelcome!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Spoilers!!)

Comic spoiler:
But that needs to happen so we can see Michonne return the favor.
:wink1:

Thanks, I appreciate that you put a comic spoiler tag on this post. I didn't open it.

For the record, I don't have any problem opening spoiler tags from the tv show.

Just like Ween said, I want to be surprised with every new episode. But I still swear I was one of the few on this thread who was shocked when Sophia stepped out of that barn as walker last season. :rotfl

Thanks, I appreciate that you put a comic spoiler tag on this post. I didn't open it.

For the record, I don't have any problem opening spoiler tags from the tv show.

Just like Ween said, I want to be surprised with every new episode. But I still swear I was one of the few on this thread who was shocked when Sophia stepped out of that barn as walker last season. :rotfl

Yeah, if memory serves, your first post that day was long after that ****tard's spoiler post had been deleted and him banned until the finale. :lol

... Minor nitpick - how in the hell did they not immediately see Andrea and Michonne hiding behind some very light vegetation near the beginning of the episode, especially with the sniper-scopes they had.

The Governor is smart, and this is not their first time checking out a situation. They knew they had Uncle Merle checking out the rear. For all you know, Merle was giving his buddies the, "I got this." sign from the back. Again, you see the Gov take his guys away from the scene, which made the ladies breath a sigh of relief, relax a bit.

Same kind of tactic they used for the National Guard. By the time the Gov shows up at the front door, the back door is already covered.

Besides looking at ZTV (Zombie TV) in his special room, the Gov must be doing a lot of thinking, planning. He's definitely a guy who has awareness of his surroundings and beyond. I don't know where he got his skills.

That's a cool thing about the show; it's fresh and although you've read the comic book, it keeps you guessing.

I personally think that if you get any enjoyment from this show, you are doing yourself a dis-service not reading the comic. The comic is a gut twister and the **** the people in the comic go through is just... :horror

I will definatley be checking out the comic at some point. I still feel after the show ends would be best though. The show drags out for weeks/months/years. With the comic, I could fly through that as fast as I set the pace until I catch up to where the omnibus/TPB end and eventually have to start picking up the issues singularly. I do like not having a clue what is coming up. I can see how it can be just as enjoyable to know (at least in a basic sense) of what is coming up and looking forward to it though. And then having the changes from the comic be great surprises.

That whole plan goes out the window if this ends up like one of those mega long running shows like Law and Order where we're in season 25 and the show isn't over yet. I'll say season 10 or end of show, which ever comes first, to be safe then :lol

Wouldn't this just bust your chops if it was all Rick's hospital dream? He wakes up and all is well. They could have filmed that at the start of the show. Carl is young. There's Shane. As they leave the hospital to go home, you see people from the show, on the streets, doing normal things. Dale is driving the RV and they stop at an intersection facing each other.

That whole plan goes out the window if this ends up like one of those mega long running shows like Law and Order where we're in season 25 and the show isn't over yet. I'll say season 10 or end of show, which ever comes first, to be safe then :lol

That's an interesting thought. I really do wonder how many years this show will last?

So what's up with the tea? Are they poisoning the community? Fluoride maybe?

Does anyone else think the "tea" might have something in it to be a "cure" or trying to create a "cure"?

During Talking Dead, Hardwick asked Executive Producer David Alpert about the Tea and he just said it was sort of an inside joke aimed at one of the writers on the show.

:rotfl

...I've never read to comics and don't intend to.

:thwak :read :lol

But what was so dumb was how easy they killed them. That unit was out there by themselves and they let 5-6 guys take them out? No way the governor would have made it out alive in that situation along with not even one shot being fired at him.

Yeah, ignore that. I have to. :lol There's just absolutely no way a functioning military unit would be that lax in a hostile world like that. They would've been thoroughly briefed or had experienced both walkers and raiders by this point.

Yeah that's the one thing about the episode I didn't like. Even a well planned ambush wouldn't have dispatched them that easily. The solders were about as useful in a combat situation as Star Wars Stormtoopers.

Wouldn't this just bust your chops if it was all Rick's hospital dream? He wakes up and all is well. They could have filmed that at the start of the show. Carl is young. There's Shane. As they leave the hospital to go home, you see people from the show, on the streets, doing normal things. Dale is driving the RV and they stop at an intersection facing each other.

I want to say Kirkman has said that WON'T be happening. That would totally suck if they did! :lol

That's an interesting thought. I really do wonder how many years this show will last?

I always wonder that with hit shows. I mean this has several years worth of comic material to fall back on, so its not like they will be running out of ideas anytime soon. But I mean, 7-8 years is a good run for a TV show nowadays. But this could easily go longer if the quality keeps up. We could see characters come and go and slowly shift our focus from Rick maybe to Carl, maybe to Carl's kids, and their kids... it could go on like that I guess.

I do hope when the show does end, they at least know 1 season in advance so they can wrap things up. I always hate it when the plug gets pulled without notice. We've got too much invested in these characters for something like that (not like that matters to the studios). I imagine it will end before the comic does, so it will be interesting to see what Kirkman's thoughts on the shows ending would be as they could potentially be a spoiler for the comic, assuming that ends eventually too.

447f5.jpg

What's nice is that we still have a lot of episodes left in the season. I really only watch two shows, TWD and The Last Resort.

Carl has improved this season, I don't want to feed him to the Walkers as much. Lori, still number 1 on my Walker Bait list. Andria is on the fence now after this last episode.

Loved this episode. Deffinitely a superb story filler. I love this rendition of the governor too. Part of me actually really likes him, even if he did kill those soldiers. Part of me thinks he even did the right thing, crazy I know.

Season gets better and better. Love Michonne too and the mystery the actress is playing, without feeling cheesy. But deffinitely, Governor is brilliant. But what the **** with the ending man. All the people he has killed, his family, heads in fish tanks? Wow. I have a huge feeling that, this could actually be better than the comics.

During Talking Dead, Hardwick asked Executive Producer David Alpert about the Tea and he just said it was sort of an inside joke aimed at one of the writers on the show.

:rotfl

:thwak :read :lol

Yeah that's the one thing about the episode I didn't like. Even a well planned ambush wouldn't have dispatched them that easily. The solders were about as useful in a combat situation as Star Wars Stormtoopers.

Soldiers were distracted though, out in the open, a surprise attack with their full focus on Governor at the front, it was pretty solid I thought because they just looked around asif WTF and they were dead in about 5-6 seconds.

Soldiers were distracted though, out in the open, a surprise attack with their full focus on Governor at the front, it was pretty solid I thought because they just looked around asif WTF and they were dead in about 5-6 seconds.

that makes sense if the Governor didn't shoot at the guy, that was the only part that didn't make much sense to me, they were distracted by him so if they got shot from behind would make a lot of sense. But when he shot One of the soldiers could have shot at him, so him shooting did not make a lot of sense in that scene.

that makes sense if the Governor didn't shoot at the guy, that was the only part that didn't make much sense to me, they were distracted by him so if they got shot from behind would make a lot of sense. But when he shot One of the soldiers could have shot at him, so him shooting did not make a lot of sense in that scene.

True that. But its one of those things really.

Back