The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Comic and Un-aired Spoilers unwelcome!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Spoilers!!)

Season 2 was pretty damn weak - Walking Dead is the name of the show, not 'lets sit around on a farm porch and ***** each week'

Dude, that's The walking dead in general. Ever read the comic book? Tons of dialogue.

I still don't get all the BS against season 2. If all you want is mindless Zombie killing then go play a video game. Without a decent story and development this show wouldn't be around very long. Besides that, show me a Zombie Apocalypse TV show right now that's better. :lol

Season 2 was pretty damn weak - Walking Dead is the name of the show, not 'lets sit around on a farm porch and ***** each week'

Sure there were some filler moments but it was still great overall.

Season 2 was awesome because of one reason and mainly one episode alone: Shane and 18 Miles Out.

I actually found the season 2 finale one of the more uninteresting episodes. Mindless zombie killing with seemingly unlimited ammunition, wheres the tension.

Agreed. I love everything from when Shane kills that punk in the woods onwards. What an evil bastard.

Exactly, the Shane and Rick stuff made season 2. I wouldn't change it. Basically as others have said, if all you're looking for is zombie death then Resident Evil and the various Dawn of the Dead films should suit you fine.

I actually found the season 2 finale one of the more uninteresting episodes. Mindless zombie killing with seemingly unlimited ammunition, wheres the tension.

-Well, there was plenty of tension in "Better Angels".

-The mindless zombie killing in the finale was kind of necessary to move the story forward. The survivors were getting a little too comfy and needed the extra motivation to get them off the farm and to the prison.

-At least they acknowledged the fact that they were very low on ammo in Season 3. :lol

-Well, there was plenty of tension in "Better Angels".

-The mindless zombie killing in the finale was kind of necessary to move the story forward. The survivors were getting a little too comfy and needed the extra motivation to get them off the farm and to the prison.

-At least they acknowledged the fact that they were very low on ammo in Season 3. :lol

Well the point is its all necessary. The 'boring' quiet scenes are necessary too, otherwise you might aswell just make a non-interactive videogame.

Major comic possibly into show spoiler: Don't read then cry that i ruined your pathetic Sunday nights:
You may be happy Oneye, if they follow the comic this season in regards to Lori, she will not make it out of the prison alive.

This I want to see! :lecture

haha me and my brother said the same thing.
hershel had to have had more than 20 rounds in that shot gun never showed him reload it. :lol

but those last episodes were probably my favorite out of all of season 2.

Having just re-watched Season 2 recently, did anyone else notice in the last episode when Rick is confessing to Lori about killing Shane that the way he talked, his pauses, his facial expressions all kind of SOUNDED like Shane?

Last edited:

Having just re-watched Season 2 recently, did anyone else notice in the last episode when Rick is confessing to Lori about killing Shane that the way he talked, his pauses, his facial expressions all kind of LOOKED like Shane?

Never noticed that, but hes definitely taken on some of Shane's qualities. I think Rick has probably realized by now that having Shane around doing his "crazy ****" or whatever you want to call it sometimes kept Rick from having to make some hard choices.

Kind of ironic that in order for Rick to start seeing things Shane's way he had to kill Shane.

haha me and my brother said the same thing.
hershel had to have had more than 20 rounds in that shot gun never showed him reload it. :lol

but those last episodes were probably my favorite out of all of season 2.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P224BTri7RQ[/ame]

That came to mind!

It does seem alot for one episode, but it would make sense for all hell to break loose, and they said the ante is up and staying up!

Shane made season 2;

Who went and got the bag of guns from Atlanta, and sprinted to the point of nearly collapsing? Shane. Who went to get the equipment to save Carl? Shane. Who killed otis which in turn saved himself and carl? Shane. Who trained the group? Shane. Who trained Andrea then fuuuu'd her? Shane. Who said they shoul call off the search for sophia? Shane. Who rallied to group to clear the barn full of walkers? Shane. Who killed Randall like they shouldve done from the start? Shane.

Without shane, there was no stories in season 2. They turned him into a psycho. Watch the deleted scene from Season 2's episode 1; How he shares food out, he's a normal guy, he did the right things and was right all along, I dont like how they made him a complete psycho because thats not what Shane was. Bernthal was the best thing about season 2 and TWD invested so much into Shane then killed him off, the show suffered IMO from that, because there was little characterisation for the rest; it was all Shane focused with Rick focus on the last 3 episodes;

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFOQZ6Sr_dI[/ame]

Also, notice how IMO, the murdering of the Vatos was a feeder for the Governor plot? And notice how Shane in his awkward way, thanks Daryll for saving his life?

Last edited:
Back