The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Comic and Un-aired Spoilers unwelcome!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Spoilers!!)

Never noticed that, but hes definitely taken on some of Shane's qualities. I think Rick has probably realized by now that having Shane around doing his "crazy ****" or whatever you want to call it sometimes kept Rick from having to make some hard choices.

But it also kept Rick looking over his shoulder wondering when Shane was going to try and kill him.

I'd rather have to make the hard choices now.:wink1:

Kind of ironic that in order for Rick to start seeing things Shane's way he had to kill Shane.

He killed Shane and took in his soul. :lol

Season 2 was pretty damn weak - Walking Dead is the name of the show, not 'lets sit around on a farm porch and ***** each week'

The survivors are 'The Walking Dead'. :wink1:

It's not supposed to be about killing zombies all the time. :rolleyes:

Its a character driven drama set on the back drop of a zombie apocalypse! Like youve said, the survivors are the walking dead :1-1:

Yup. Shane had to force Rick to kill him to take that necessary step. :exactly:

Of course Shane in no way intended that this be achieved by his own death. Regardless though, Rick and Shane as friends was doomed no matter what because of the Lori/baby thing.

Of course Shane in no way intended that this be achieved by his own death. Regardless though, Rick and Shane as friends was doomed no matter what because of the Lori/baby thing.[/QUOTE]

Why? Everyone knows that it's gonna end up being T-Dog's baby.:lol

Of course Shane in no way intended that this be achieved by his own death. Regardless though, Rick and Shane as friends was doomed no matter what because of the Lori/baby thing.

Absolutely wrong. It wasn't really addressed in the show, but in interviews afterward with the actors and on the Talking Dead, it was. Shane's death was suicide by Rick. Shane both realized he couldn't function in the world anymore and that Rick needed to be pushed over the edge to become the leader he's supposed to be.

It certainly didn't appear that way. Shane just seemed like a crazy ****ing psychopath.

Absolutely wrong. It wasn't really addressed in the show, but in interviews afterward with the actors and on the Talking Dead, it was. Shane's death was suicide by Rick. Shane both realized he couldn't function in the world anymore and that Rick needed to be pushed over the edge to become the leader he's supposed to be.

Really? Thats pretty interesting. I hadn't gotten that impression from the show. I don't subscribe to the view that Shane was all bad but I'm not so sure he was up for killing himself for any kind of greater good either.

It certainly didn't appear that way. Shane just seemed like a crazy ****ing psychopath.

In the last episode, they halfassed it, I agree. Showing the stupid "wig-out" when talking with Randall, etc. But when he went off with Rick, at any point he could've killed him. Even when facing him. But he wanted to die and wanted Rick to do it.

Really? Thats pretty interesting. I hadn't gotten that impression from the show. I don't subscribe to the view that Shane was all bad but I'm not so sure he was up for killing himself for any kind of greater good either.

There were clues, upto and including when Shane reaches up to caress Rick's face after being stabbed and Rick's "Why did you make me do this?!" One of the benefits to AMC's umpteen marathons is you get to notice the little things that were there, that flew under the radar the first time.

In the last episode, they halfassed it, I agree. Showing the stupid "wig-out" when talking with Randall, etc. But when he went off with Rick, at any point he could've killed him. Even when facing him. But he wanted to die and wanted Rick to do it.

There were clues, upto and including when Shane reaches up to caress Rick's face after being stabbed and Rick's "Why did you make me do this?!" One of the benefits to AMC's umpteen marathons is you get to notice the little things that were there, that flew under the radar the first time.

I remembered reading that they had almost gone with the idea of Shane having an empty gun, but didn't go with that due to it just seeming too improbable that he would be out with Rick where there could be danger with no bullets.

For the first time I'm gonna avoid spoilers (eventhough i read the comic).

Well, let's try and put the comments into context a little better. The comments came from John Bernthal himself (actor who played Shane) and he said that was his insight into the character. Were there other actors who said something similar to what John Bernthal said?

His motivations were left deliberately vague by the writers. I think Shane's actions can be viewed from a pro (suicide by Rick) or con (he was becoming unhinged) viewpoint depending on whether or not you liked the character or not.

I rewatched the pilot recently, I kind of miss the way some of the walkers used to act. Like the kids picking up toys or the ones that wnat to get back into their houses. With them scratching on to the ecology of Michionnes walkers last week maybe this type of behavior will resurface. Also like some of the more unique looking Zombies like the well zombie.

Well the point is its all necessary. The 'boring' quiet scenes are necessary too, otherwise you might aswell just make a non-interactive videogame.

No one wants a show where they kill zombies for 45 minutes, no one is looking for that okay? nobody, no one zero people.

I loved the second episode of season 3, it was all talking but you learned so much from the characters, you found out about the Governor, it was great, just like episodes from season 1, really great stuff when you find out about the characters and you meet them.

But the problem if season 2 was that sometimes I got tired of them, I got tired of hearing them fight and complain to each other. Got tired of Rick talking about Sophia and about Shane and Andrea talking about leaving but nothing would happen. It didn't happen all the time but sometimes it just got boring, Walking Dead Should not feel boring, at all.
No one is talking about a zombie massacre every episode, but if there are "talk" scenes or episodes they should be interesting, they should be important. I feel like Season 2 had a lot of filler scenes in it. I just hope they don't do that again.

Oh regarding the possible spoiler I posted. This spanish promo appears to be some form of confirmation of things. No spoilers in the promo alone, but watching with what i posted it makes some sense;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1mQWe5-qhUc

UWU0A.jpg

Back