The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Comic and Un-aired Spoilers unwelcome!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Spoilers!!)

If I were older, Rooker would be a definite maybe. Really, anyone more than 7 or 8 years older than me is pushing the limit.

I've never before seen him on any woman's list. Then again he's one of those actors you see in loads of things and its years before you find out his name.

When are we going to see some decent collectibles from the show? I'm not talking Hot Toys, screw them and their prices. A nice statue of Merle and Li'l Merle, Daryl, Rick, Michonne and pack mule pets. For fun, a little graveyard of all those killed off the show, Dale, Shane, Sofia, etc.

The thing is..I don't think she is interested in Carl as anything more than a friend/kid brother type of thing. People on here are speculating that just because she has smiled at him that she wants him as a potential love interest. Ridiculous! :lol

That's because if a girl smiles at them they think she's interested.:rotfl

I wonder if this is the proper time to tell you all that I asked an 8th grader (brother of a friend) to my junior prom. :D

His mother wouldn't let him go. :lol

This explains A LOT.:horror

I wonder if this is the proper time to tell you all that I asked an 8th grader (brother of a friend) to my junior prom. :D

His mother wouldn't let him go. :lol

picture.php

Love 'em, like 'em, hate 'em....McF's TWD.

IMGA0001-10.jpg

I have a few pics on the thread in the horror section if you're curious.

McFarlane's TWD figures suck.

^ the Zombie is pretty nice.

Making a Walker (zombie) in this quality/size range is easy. They are supposed to look like hell. Look at the humans, ugly articulation, those faces. He's lucky people are big fans of the show and no one seems to be making anything from the show. These crappy figures are pretty much the only thing available to collect. If anything slightly better comes along, these things won't be able to be given away.

Not that I want Hot Toys to get into this, but imagine what they would do. NECA at this point could do a half-assed job and still come out 75% better than McFarlane.

Sounds about right. I dun need to watch the rest of the series now. :)

Thanks to an earlier spoiler in the thread, I think I do too. :monkey4

You don't get it because you have read the comics. Readers of the comics will watch the show in a different way than those that have not.

For those of us who haven't, we don't have a clue about what may or may not happen to a character.

Take for example the reference in the posts I quoted above yours. There is an implication given that wouldn't enter the mind of a viewer unless they had read the comics. If the show chooses to plays out the same as the comics, it should be a surprise. It would be if comic readers weren't blabbing about it.

Neither do the comic readers, because its changed, But you can clearly see influences and possibilites. Meaning that we watch the same as you. Which is what im saying. Just because we know how the comic plays out, the show isnt going in exactly the same route, but you can see the pieces theyve took and moulded them differently. Like ive said. People dont complain about comic book films using comics and changing them abit and moaning about bein spoiled because they know the story line, so I dont understand the problem with this show. They take the comics, change it abit, keep us guessing as much as people who dont read the comics guessing.

There already is a comic thread!

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108055

There's no problem talking about the comic, just not what is GOING to happen from the comics.

If I had read the spoilers for this show that just aired before it aired, it wouldn't have had the impact on me that it did. I don't want that ruined. Why is that so hard to understand?

But im not talking about the comics on its own. im not discussing whats happening in the comics now. Im talking about the show. What the show is using. how they could be using the old comics which are years old and I mean, 4-5 years old, for the current upcoming episodes. So im not spoiling anything. Did you see Dark Knight Rises and moan because you knew they was going to take the move straight from Knightfall, which everyone knew was going to happen before the film? That totally ruin the film for you? No? Then its just double standards.

And what is going to happen from the comics is the same as reading into the future spoilers of the show. So no, I dont understand it. You moan about comic book spoilers, but if the spoilers for the show are straight from the comic book, you label them future show spoilers, nobody has a hissy fit. Its just complete hypocrisy.

And if theres a comic discussion theres a comic discussion. however, this is a discussion on the merging of both mediums and predicting how for example, the book is influencing the show. The stuff the show is taking from the books. That means, its TV discussion. If I wanted to talk about how they might introduce Daryll into the comics, id goto the comic book thread, because im specifically talking about what is influencing the comics. if im talking specifically about the TV show and how the books are influencing that, then you goto the TV show thread. Why? Because im talking about the damn TV show, and whats influencing it and what future storylines could be.

just because comicbook readers have prior knowledge, doesnt me we goto the comic book thread to talk about the TV show, does it? No. So we talk about the TV show and its influences, in the frigging TV show thread. Which is why ive said we surely need a TWD TV show thread, for comic book fans, so we can openly talk about stuff which is upto 7 years old at least, available on every website to do with the walking dead. Instead of being *****ed at. Its hard not to talk about a television show which is new, when its using what, 105 issues, 9 years worth of material which is openly available to anyone with wikipedia, PDF and google for gods sake.

Making a Walker (zombie) in this quality/size range is easy. They are supposed to look like hell. Look at the humans, ugly articulation, those faces. He's lucky people are big fans of the show and no one seems to be making anything from the show. These crappy figures are pretty much the only thing available to collect. If anything slightly better comes along, these things won't be able to be given away.

Not that I want Hot Toys to get into this, but imagine what they would do. NECA at this point could do a half-assed job and still come out 75% better than McFarlane.

I'd rather have HT. Because like you said, the Zombies are easy as hell to make, but I really want a good Rick. If that's all they get through. But i'd easily buy Daryle, Merle, Michonne, and Shane easily.

Those characters lend themselves to looking interesting on the shelf.

But I am content with my crappy McF ones. Because for the price I paid, they're alright.

When are we going to see some decent collectibles from the show? I'm not talking Hot Toys, screw them and their prices. A nice statue of Merle and Li'l Merle, Daryl, Rick, Michonne and pack mule pets. For fun, a little graveyard of all those killed off the show, Dale, Shane, Sofia, etc.

gq3YU.jpg

wrtCb.jpg

Rick looks terrible! in the face. He looks like Viggo Mortenson in the face, and rick doesnt have grey hair or stubble.

Yea, I'm hoping Gentle Giant puts the A team on the busts.

A sort of comic spoiler, sort of...although you should be asking this same question if you're paying attention...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Yea, I'm hoping Gentle Giant puts the A team on the busts.

A sort of comic spoiler, sort of...although you should be asking this same question if you're paying attention...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Comicbook/tvshow

Spoiler Spoiler:

On the bright side, Rick's shirt looks good in that bust. Everything else... the shirt looks nice.

Back