The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Comic and Un-aired Spoilers unwelcome!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Spoilers!!)

I'm not oversensitive though. The fact that you keep calling me this shows that you just want a rise out of me. That's what trolls do.

You trolled yourself. You got worked up over a conversation I was having with someone else.

Wrong. Prisoners, Merle, the other group they encountered while living at the farm....there have been far more than two villains on the show.

She hasn't met any of the prisoners yet. There's still time. Rick did machete that one ass-clown before she had the chance. Shame. She'd have liked that one.

She did shoot-down Merle. Not exactly high standards ... but at least she doesn't take all comers.

She's met five-and-a-half available guys of appropriate age. Shane, Daryl, T-Dog, Governor, Merle, Glenn. (I'll call Glenn 1/2 because he was taken for half the show.) Carl is too young (I think ... there's still time). Rick, Glenn, the hispanic fella, and Carol's wife-beater husband were taken. (Was the dude with the beard taken? I don't remember.) Hershel and Dale aged out.

So, she's 2/5.5. She's slept with almost 40% of the available age-appropriate guys she's met. Good grief.

But, only three made a pass at her ... Governor, Shane and Merle. She banged two of them. She shot-down Merle. Men are batting .667 with her. Those are hall of fame numbers. So far, any living non-racist can get her back to hit the floor by flashing a smile. Or, two out of three including the racists.

SnakeDoc

It seems pretty clear now that the writers intend for Andrea's character arc to explore her "dark" side. She admitted she liked the gladiator fights. She went over the wall and killed the Walker in hand to hand combat instead of shooting it from a distance. She is drawn to the Governor's strength and power and wants some of it for herself, so starting a sexual relationship is a sure fire way to get closer to accomplishing that goal.

Is she a ho-bag? Not really, although I really do like typing that. She just has really lousy taste in men.

She will redeem herself when she chooses Rick's group over the Governor's - especially once she finds out Rick is single again. :naughty

You trolled yourself. You got worked up over a conversation I was having with someone else.

She hasn't met any of the prisoners yet. There's still time. Rick did machete that one ass-clown before she had the chance. Shame. She'd have liked that one.

She did shoot-down Merle. Not exactly high standards ... but at least she doesn't take all comers.

She's met five-and-a-half available guys of appropriate age. Shane, Daryl, T-Dog, Governor, Merle, Glenn. (I'll call Glenn 1/2 because he was taken for half the show.) Carl is too young (I think ... there's still time). Rick, Glenn, the hispanic fella, and Carol's wife-beater husband were taken. (Was the dude with the beard taken? I don't remember.) Hershel and Dale aged out.

So, she's 2/5.5. She's slept with almost 40% of the available age-appropriate guys she's met. Good grief.

But, only three made a pass at her ... Governor, Shane and Merle. She banged two of them. She shot-down Merle. Men are batting .667 with her. Those are hall of fame numbers. So far, any living non-racist can get her back to hit the floor by flashing a smile. Or, two out of three including the racists.

SnakeDoc

She only shot down Merle because she already had eyes on the Governor. :lol

Overprotective?! Andrea's ignoring the very woman who kept her alive because she wanted to open her vajayjay to a psychopath.
No, she didn't ignore Michonne to get into the Governor's pants. She didn't even ignore Michonne actually. She was cautious in the beginning because it was a new place and Michonne doesn't trust anyone, but as she got to know the community she didn't really see any suspicious behavior. Woodbury looks like a nice place to settle and she thinks Michonne is worrying about nothing. Like I've been saying, nothing the Governor has done in her presence seems unnatural or disturbing. As far as she knows he's just a nice, smart, hard-working guy who lost his family in the outbreak.

She doesn't come across as being overprotective unless, like Andrea, you're totally gay for the Governor and don't want to see the forest for the trees. Which, if that's the case, just say so, instead of projecting your feelings on Andrea and coming to her defense. :lol
She doesn't come across as being overprotective? Are you kidding? She trusts almost no one, begs Andrea to leave with her because she simply has a bad feeling about the Governor...and she has this same damn look on her face throughout the entire series:

MichonneSeason3.png

She is overprotective. As she should be.

No, she didn't ignore Michonne to get into the Governor's pants. She didn't even ignore Michonne actually. She was cautious in the beginning because it was a new place and Michonne doesn't trust anyone, but as she got to know the community she didn't really see any suspicious behavior. Woodbury looks like a nice place to settle and she thinks Michonne is worrying about nothing. Like I've been saying, nothing the Governor has done in her presence seems unnatural or disturbing. As far as she knows he's just a nice, smart, hard-working guy who lost his family in the outbreak.

She doesn't come across as being overprotective? Are you kidding? She trusts almost no one, begs Andrea to leave with her because she simply has a bad feeling about the Governor...and she has this same damn look on her face throughout the entire series:

MichonneSeason3.png

She is overprotective. As she should be.

She's so untrusting that she walks baby formula right up to a prison full of people she doesn't know, knowing they'll save her and help her. Um..... okay. :cuckoo:

By definition, the fact that Michonne is right negates the possibility of her having been overprotective. "Overprotective" is seeing danger where there is none. Parents aren't overprotective when they keep their kids from playing in the street ... they're overprotective when they keep them from playing at all.

Michonne was the just-the-right-amount of protective. Andrea was overblind, or overdense, or overhorny ... or whatever caused her instincts to switch-off and to not listen to someone whose instincts hadn't.

SnakeDoc

She's so untrusting that she walks baby formula right up to a prison full of people she doesn't know, knowing they'll save her and help her. Um..... okay. :cuckoo:

Well, this does seem a little out of character for Michonne but she is probably thinking that where a baby is involved and she has some food for it, then people might be more willing to help her. She needs medical assistance for the bullet in her leg.

Maybe her maternal instincts kicked in when she saw what Glenn and Maggie were getting? Plus it's sort of a bargaining chip to get some medical treatment.

Don't know or care if Andrea is a whore or not, but she does make some really stupid decisions. How does one decide that a society with Merle as a leader is a good one? But then, to me, she's a headcase.

Maybe her maternal instincts kicked in when she saw what Glenn and Maggie were getting? Plus it's sort of a bargaining chip to get some medical treatment.

She never struck me as the "maternal instincts" type. Heh.

She knows Glenn and Maggie were from Andrea's old group because Glenn knew Merle. I'm sure Andrea's told her enough about them in the ensuing months to make them the best option available now that she's injured and needs reinforcements against the Governor. She brought the basket to prove she saw Maggie and Glenn taken (though it doesn't quite prove she didn't kill them herself).

SnakeDoc

She never struck me as the "maternal instincts" type. Heh.

She knows Glenn and Maggie were from Andrea's old group because Glenn knew Merle. I'm sure Andrea's told her enough about them in the ensuing months to make them the best option available now that she's injured and needs reinforcements against the Governor. She brought the basket to prove she saw Maggie and Glenn taken (though it doesn't quite prove she didn't kill them herself).

SnakeDoc

:lol

She is a woman though and she does got scruples; but I'm probably leaning toward what mister ski said, using the baby formula as a bargaining chip to get medical attention.

For those who read the comics:
What's the next big thing/story after the prison?

COMIC SPOILERS!

I think it's cannibals. But yeah, I haven't read past the first compendium and the second compendium is coming to me for Christmas so I'll let you know. But beyond that is that Alexandria safe zone arc.

Wrong again.

I didn't get worked up over anything. And I wasn't even replying to you when you insulted me, I was replying to Nam.

When you go around insulting people and acting like a d-bag for no reason other than to rile them up, you're trolling.

I don't think she's expecting them to be gracious to her. It's not like she walked up with a smile on her face. By this time she surely knows a lot about them though, after being with Andrea for so long. Rick's group is probably her best option. If Andrea's description of them is true, then she might as well try becoming part of their group or at least getting some help from them.
Not to mention she saw Maggie and Glenn and how sincere they acted...and the baby formula.

By definition, the fact that Michonne is right negates the possibility of her having been overprotective. "Overprotective" is seeing danger where there is none. Parents aren't overprotective when they keep their kids from playing in the street ... they're overprotective when they keep them from playing at all.

Michonne was the just-the-right-amount of protective. Andrea was overblind, or overdense, or overhorny ... or whatever caused her instincts to switch-off and to not listen to someone whose instincts hadn't.

SnakeDoc
No, she is definitely overprotective of herself and Andrea. She's right about the Governor but with very little reasoning. The thing is, Andrea has no reason to believe that Woodbury is a bad place other than Michonne's 'instinct'.

Look at it from Andrea's point of view, not a viewer who already knows the governor is a lunatic. They've been out there alone fighting illness, starvation and zombies for so long then they finally find this great little community with food, water and protection from the walkers. Then Michonne randomly tells her they have to leave because she simply doesn't trust the people there. :lol Andrea's probably thinking "Michonne. I love you and you're a good friend, but I think this world has warped your view. Not everyone is out to get you, and I haven't seen anything here to arouse my suspicion."

Not saying that Andrea is thinking perfectly either though. She needs to be more cautious and keep her eyes open...she just doesn't have much of a reason to at this point.

Wrong again.

I didn't get worked up over anything. And I wasn't even replying to you when you insulted me, I was replying to Nam.

When you go around insulting people and acting like a d-bag for no reason other than to rile them up, you're trolling.

I didn't insult anyone ... except Andrea. You're the only one namecalling.

You were riled-up before I ever spoke to you. You wanted to make some sexual liberation point about loose Andrea being labeled a whore instead of Maggie, or married Lori, or whoremonger Shane, or whomever. Since I had called her the "whore of the apocalypse" -- I figured you were whining to me. Maybe you where whining to Nam. Same difference either way. I'm sure we're all sexists for noticing that she gets around even when there are only about two dozen people left alive.

Maybe you're overprotective.

SnakeDoc

Back