The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Comic and Un-aired Spoilers unwelcome!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Spoilers!!)

:lol

Anyone chuckle to themselves when the Woodbury henchmen were using benches as cover? And Darryl seems to be on God mode!

That gun fight was bat**** crazy.

I'm wondering if originally they planned on killing T-Dog during the Woodbury assault, but then figured he deserved more of a Hero's death? I mean Oscar was barely a blip on this Season's radar, he was gone before we even got to know the character. Oscar's death was pretty unceremonious as it was, get's shot climbing the bus, then get's a final goodbye bullet in the head from the group without so much as a moments pause.

Maybe AMC realized the mistake they made by not having tyreese on the show

I thought I read that Morgan shows up in the second half of the season.

Not gonna happen this season. When asked before season 3 if Merle or Morgan and his son were gonna make an appearance, the writers said 1/3 of those people would show up. Merle was the obvious answer so no Morgan and son during season 3. I can see it happening in season 4 though.

Carol actually looked nice before with longer hair, I wonder why the short hair for Walking dead, was she like that in the comics?

Melissa_McBride_with_Afro.JPG
normal_00087.jpg

Oof. I'd take short-hair her over that any day.

Why cuz he's black?

Yes, if you go back a few pages you will see where I and others were asking why the show can only seem to have one black man in the group at a time.

T-Dog gets killed, Oscar joins, Oscar gets killed Tyrese joins.

Another poster went on to label the characters as T-Dog, Re-Dog and 3-Dog.

Which is why Morgan would be Pre-Dog.

that's it, in a nutshell.

I don't view it as a bad thing. A lot more black male actors are getting on TV. It doesn't have to be a negative thing.

I don't view it as a bad thing. A lot more black male actors are getting on TV. It doesn't have to be a negative thing.

It just seems peculiar that 2 black (male) actors can't occupy the same acreen for more than one episode on this show. It's as though the Producers or exec's fear that if there are too many black guys on at one time that the show might lose some audience or something.

Other than that, I really dont know what to make of it. I dont really think that it is a decision based on anyone involved in the show being racist, as the characters of T-Dog and Michonne are given lot's of screen time,and were/are very popular characters.

I don't think anybody was being very serious about the black actor thing. It seemed mostly tongue-in-cheek.

That was fresh meat that the Governor took to Penny. Human?

Not gonna happen this season. When asked before season 3 if Merle or Morgan and his son were gonna make an appearance, the writers said 1/3 of those people would show up. Merle was the obvious answer so no Morgan and son during season 3. I can see it happening in season 4 though.

Interview with lennie james back in June;

https://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s...james-confirms-walking-dead-return-talks.html

Semi spoiler interview with Coleman;

https://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidet...alks-tyreese-youre-gonna-be-so-satisfied.html

Spoilers guys;

Morgan/lennie james has been confirmed on set filming in a scene where Michonne and Carl are fighting walkers in what appears to be Atlanta, cant find the web page but its on the spoil the dead forums. BUT, no sign of Duane =[

Yes, if you go back a few pages you will see where I and others were asking why the show can only seem to have one black man in the group at a time.

There are other ways to look at that. Maybe its the other way around. They don't kill off a black man without having an immediate replacement.

The last hispanic semi-regular (Tomas) left the show several weeks ago when Rick macheted him in the head. I think the last hispanic before him was the Morales family ... a complete non-entity. Took a full season to replace Jacqui with Michonne.

It just seems peculiar that 2 black (male) actors can't occupy the same acreen for more than one episode on this show. It's as though the Producers or exec's fear that if there are too many black guys on at one time that the show might lose some audience or something.

Other than that, I really dont know what to make of it. I dont really think that it is a decision based on anyone involved in the show being racist, as the characters of T-Dog and Michonne are given lot's of screen time,and were/are very popular characters.

Or, it could be they're just writing characters and letting them play-out logically without doing a racial headcount. Oscar was a glorified extra, not a replacement for T-Dog. He was around so they could kill somebody in the midseason finale without getting one of the real big names ... and, it just happened that that was the same episode Tyrese's group entered (because its the midseason finale, and midseason finales are big). He was always a dead man walking ... like Andrew, and Tomas, and the really big black fella (forgot his name), and probably Axel. Tyrese is really the first legit black-guy regular since T-Dog, and he'll be around a good long while.

They're clearly not afraid of having two black people at the same time. Jacqui and T-Dog. T-Dog and Michonne. Michonne, Tyrese and his *****y wife. The only real gap in introducing black characters was on the farm ... when most of the new characters were from the same not-black family.

SnakeDoc

Last edited:

I thought Oscar might have had potential as a character. A shame he was ultimately there just because they had to kill someone.

Back