The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Comic and Un-aired Spoilers unwelcome!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Spoilers!!)

Just cause you like a character doesn't make them any less expendable, no one is safe, thats what the Walking Dead is all about.

Oscar always seemed like a redshirt to me. He had a couple of good moments ... mostly telling Axel to man-up and quit begging. Still, he was around for six episodes, and I just learned his name last week. If he were going to be a keeper, they'd have developed him at least a little. They've already developed Tyrese more. Oscar reminded me of Hershel's vauge relatives that got killed at the farm ... Otis, the blonde broad that was married to Otis, the gangster shooter kid in the cowboy hat.

Few scenes. Almost no lines. No development. Dead meat. And, forgotten almost as quickly as they were killed.

SnakeDoc

I think that Daryl allowed himself to be captured. I don't think he was able to find Merle, so that was the only way he could get to him.

What makes me wonder is how the Governor knew he was Daryl?

I think that Daryl allowed himself to be captured. I don't think he was able to find Merle, so that was the only way he could get to him.

That is interesting. I think the governor has something up his sleeve honestly. :lol

Cause seriously, you're right, they don't alike at all. Period.

And it's kind of dumb how they make it look as if he has this soft spot for his baby brother; if he really wanted to see him he would've complied with Glenn and Maggie.

The horrified look on his face would suggest he didn't plan this.

Maybe he heard his accent. Heh. The first thing Daryl would've said on capture is "I'm Merle's brother" ... thinking it might save his neck.

SnakeDoc

Certainly got the impression from the look at the next episode/part of season that Merle will be joining up with the Rick/Daryl group again. Thats going to be very interesting.

Nah.. I think Merle is going to die. Prolly for ickle baby Dawylkins..

The horrified look on his face would suggest he didn't plan this.

Maybe he heard his accent. Heh. The first thing Daryl would've said on capture is "I'm Merle's brother" ... thinking it might save his neck.

SnakeDoc

This :exactly:

i still dont see how merel didnt see daryl when they captured him because he was right there in the front shooting so we would have though merel would be the one to capture him.

but who knows could be a big plan and merel as the inside man.

Well he might die but not before getting back to the prison group. That line from Glen in the sneak peek - 'Whats he doing here??!' or something to that effect. That surely refers to Merle.

The Governor doesn't know where Andrea's loyalties are, neither do I. Her going to the prison? Nope, I don't like that.

Merle being in the prison group, temporarily, sure, permanently is doubtful. Daryl leaving the group to go with Merle? That would be a twist.

I wonder if the new people in the prison are going to merge with Rick's group?

i think the big firefight & grenades exploding will have attracted a whole zombie heard to try to overrun the town thus creating enough of a distraction that will lead to daryl & merle's escape. after that not sure how much time merle has left. at this point he's not going to be welcomed anywhere. i also see daryl making a choice of the group over his brother...............:wave merle...............:pfft:

The Governor doesn't know where Andrea's loyalties are, neither do I. Her going to the prison? Nope, I don't like that.

Merle being in the prison group, temporarily, sure, permanently is doubtful. Daryl leaving the group to go with Merle? That would be a twist.

I wonder if the new people in the prison are going to merge with Rick's group?

Andrea is starting to figure things out. She's slow on the uptake, but she's been thinking with her ladyparts this season (and most of last season). The Governor's story about the raid doesn't really make sense. If the "terrorists" wanted what they have ... why didn't they take anything? And why did they leave? There were only four of them, and they were clearly winning. She knows Daryl and Rick aren't just terrorizing people. There's no way the Governor will let her go see them anyway ... they'll explain Glenn and Maggie's torture and take his piece of ass away forever.

Merle would be an interesting addition to the group. For story purposes, he adds internal conflict ... which they lost with Shane and Lori dying. Plus, he's useful in a fight ... he's good with his hand. If he proves himself in the escape, or in a fight with the Governor, I could see him staying on.

I expect Michonne and Tyrese's group to permanently merge with Rick's. Gotta restock. He's running out of people ... and particularly running out of useful shooters. Right now, its him, Carl, Maggie, and beat-up Glen. Axel is skittish. The blonde girl is useless. Carol ain't much of a fighter. Hershel can't stand and shoot at the same time. Daryl's captured. He needs Michonne, Tyrese and Tyrese's wife (and maybe Merle) to fill out the ranks after losing Shane, Andrea, T-Dog, Lori and Oscar. I think the two white dudes in Tyrese's group are dead meat.

SnakeDoc

Last edited:

The Governor and his group taking on the prison are going to have a tough time. It'll be a bit like storming a castle.

You care correct about the battle attracting a lot of Walkers. The prison is in "the red zone". Rick's people shooting in front, Walkers coming in from behind and the sides. Turn your back on the prison to take out a Walker, get taken out by Rick's people.

The Governor's got some firepower and big vehicles. It's going to be tough. If I was Rick, I'd be attracting as many Walkers to the fence as possible, make the Governor have to fight his way to the prison. They have the generator and the sirens.

Interview with lennie james back in June;

https://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s...james-confirms-walking-dead-return-talks.html

Semi spoiler interview with Coleman;

https://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidet...alks-tyreese-youre-gonna-be-so-satisfied.html

Spoilers guys;

Morgan/lennie james has been confirmed on set filming in a scene where Michonne and Carl are fighting walkers in what appears to be Atlanta, cant find the web page but its on the spoil the dead forums. BUT, no sign of Duane =[

Good links, I'd love for Lennie to clear up and work some time in even if it was for a limited duration.

3s0j7v.jpg

At least he wasn't talking to Carl and asking him his age.

Back