The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Comic and Un-aired Spoilers unwelcome!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Spoilers!!)

You misread that.

You must read slowly. ;) I am already past this a number of post above this.

B&W is awful, it's like eating without getting any flavor. Kind of like dry humping with jeans on, what's the point? The world is in color.

Like I said. Different mood, and tone.

You don't shoot any movie in black and white for the sake of it. There has to be a logical, story telling reason for it.

That's why a lot of times black and white is used for flash backs. To indicate that it is not happing now, but before.

You wouldn't shoot Transformers in black and white. But you would shoot a moody noir-esq film in the deep ally ways of a corrupted city in the 1940's. Or the distant future. Whichever gives the best feeling,

You must read slowly. ;) I am already past this a number of post above this.

B&W is awful, it's like eating without getting any flavor. Kind of like dry humping with jeans on, what's the point? The world is in color.

:nono Dry humping makes you appreciate sex more.

You misread that. They're airing B&W reruns of previous seasons to boost AMC's Thursday night viewing audience and hopefully bring them in to watch the gay reality shows happening afterwards (same thing they tried with that stupid Cowboy show). It has nothing to do with the regular TWD which will continue airing in full color on Sunday nights.

They're not all bad.:lecture Comic Book Men is awesome, but the one about the inbred security guards; yeah, that can go die in a hole.

what are you talking about? where did you see this?

What are you talking about? Someone said "Oh why don't they just show the show in sepia tone huur" when they seem to forget, the material it's based on is a comic book done in....GASP...BLACK AND WHITE>

So, why ***** about someone wanting a limited run of the comics in color? It's clear that the show works either way, so what would it hurt if some were done in color? It's not like they'd be burning every black and white issue as they did it; It's hypocritical.

That's an opinion, not a fact. It works on the show, and, from the samples that black mask showed, it looked okay in comics. I prefer the black and white, but, as I said, it's not like color versions means the end of black and white.

Eh. It looked like every other comic book. Probably won't give me the same feeling and tone.

It'd work fine, stop acting like it's all about what you want. You and I have our black and white versions, others should be able to have their color versions.

No they shouldn't. Because that is the creators intent. It's not just because they were lazy and they didn't feel like coloring. They had a REASON for doing what they did.

You can disagree, just like I can disagree on Jackson's frame rate choice. If he only offered The Hobbit at that frame rate, I would say, fair enough Jackson. That was your intent. But your intent, in my opinion sucks.

People don't have to get what they want. I don't think anyone was claimoring over a black and white version, because it's not the comics. It's a different thing entirely. Them adding the B&W is just a little nod for the fans to enjoy. AMC wanted to get a little extra ratings, and perhaps show some non comic fans a different look at the show they love.

But since the show and the comic are seperate, why should they cater to dull people who require everything to look like everything? Imagine Sin City the comic in color....it would be terrible, and lose every bit of the tone it has.

This would NOT work in color.

tumblr_ma7rv2qSF81qczgnfo1_500.jpg

Last edited:

I think it would be interesting to see it in black and white, just as a curiosity. I do love the use of B&W in modern cinema when applicable. Tim Burton's Ed Wood would be way less effective if the studio didn't let him shoot in black and white.

^ Exactly. That's a great example. Thank you. That film really takes you back to that time, and sets the mood perfectly.

Eh. It looked like every other comic book. Probably won't give me the same feeling and tone.

What's wrong with that? you really are kind of a hypocrite. Imagine if Invader Zim or Transformers in black and white? You love a lot of shows or movies in color but now you come here and crap on color being used.... right..:cuckoo:

No they shouldn't. Because that is the creators intent. It's not just because they were lazy and they didn't feel like coloring. They had a REASON for doing what they did.

You can disagree, just like I can disagree on Jackson's frame rate choice. If he only offered The Hobbit at that frame rate, I would say, fair enough Jackson. That was your intent. But your intent, in my opinion sucks.

People don't have to get what they want. I don't think anyone was claimoring over a black and white version, because it's not the comics. It's a different thing entirely. It's just a little nod for the fans to enjoy. AMC wanted to get a little extra ratings, and perhaps show some non comic fans a different look at the show they love.

But since the show and the comic are seperate, why should they cater to dull people who require everything to look like everything? Imagine Sin City the comic in color....it would be terrible, and lose every bit of the tone it has.

This would NOT work in color.

tumblr_ma7rv2qSF81qczgnfo1_500.jpg

I agree, but others might not. I think it's fair to say that, just because you don't like it, that doesn't mean it shouldn't be a thing.

Back