The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Comic and Un-aired Spoilers unwelcome!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Spoilers!!)

No. Not me at all. I even said the show is something different. It's not the comic. They did not, and should not have done the show in black and white.

All i'm saying, is that black and white

A) Is not as bad as some of you guys are claiming.

B) Has a purpose when used in a certain way.

C) Is not better or worse then color if the intention has merit.

That's it.

I like them doing this because it's a nice little nod to the comics, and I appreciate that any time filmmakers, or whatever does things like that in a tasteful way. Which they did by making it a small one time thing, and not something you have to have.

A) Agree
B) agree

C) Disagree. Color will always be better. always. Even if a movie works in black and white and it suits it Color will always be a better choice.
Specially if you are dealing with zombies and blood and guts etc. You need color. Night of the Living dead was great but that was a long time ago.

Back then though, the book might've been on the verge of being canceled (by image), so he'd want to do anything and everything to justify B&W. In the end, I think the fact that it was cheaper (which it was) took a back seat to getting away with more gore. You can't tell a zombie story without rot, dismemberment, disembowelment, etc.

That said, while B&W is certainly a fun option, some people ... cough... Celtic... cough... need to realize the show's a different animal than the comic and doing a show in B&W nowadays is broadcast suicide.

Since it sold steady its first 6 months and then stayed at the top 5 of Images 20 to 30 titles they were pushing a months back then, I don't see why you'd think there would have been thoughts of cancellation. :dunno

so what the F__k does he think about the show then? I mean if the zombies from Dawn of the Dead suck to him he must HATE the show :lol:lol

He says the zombies suck but I wish he said WHY. because of the gore? because of the decay? or is it the make up is too fake? not realistic enough? Too realistic?
was he talking about the original Dawn of the Dead?
I don't get it. He kinda sounds like an idiot when the show has zombies that pretty much look the same as the remake of Dawn of the Dead.

If a zombie apocalypse happened then I guess the world would turn black and white? we would lose all color? :cuckoo:
I mean doing the comics in black and white is cool but for him to say that.... wtf?

You say Kirkman "sounds like an idiot", do you have some superpower that you have no idea what you babble on about or how you sound to others the 16 hours a day you post on this forum?

A) Agree
B) agree

C) Disagree. Color will always be better. always. Even if a movie works in black and white and it suits it Color will always be a better choice.
Specially if you are dealing with zombies and blood and guts etc. You need color. Night of the Living dead was great but that was a long time ago.

No. You're wrong. Period. End of story. Aint got **** to do with Night of the Living Dead. But you are wrong.

And I was bull****tin with the facts a bit earlier, but not at this precise moment. You're wrong.

Frankly, I agree that Black & White is awesome when used in a certain way, but I think that you've twisted your argument too much. It's become less about being "pro-black & white," and more about being " anti-color."

No. I stated I did that to get a rise out of the "anti' black and white" people. :lol

I'm not anti color. But i'd be more interested in a black and white shot film, then a color one. Just because it's something we don't see.

There ain't nothin wrong with color. Not a single thing. It's just there. You don't really notice it. It just is. You know? It's not special any more. It's the norm.

No. You're wrong. Period. End of story. Aint got **** to do with Night of the Living Dead. But you are wrong.

And I was bull****tin with the facts a bit earlier, but not at this precise moment. You're wrong.

Chill out bro.... lol. Whats all this about Black and white its not like thats gonna be the whole show from now on.

Frankly, I agree that Black & White is awesome when used in a certain way, but I think that you've twisted your argument too much. It's become less about being "pro-black & white," and more about being " anti-color."

Yep, I don't see it as a huge deal. You've got everyhting on this board from OMGITSAWESOME to people claiming black and white injured their childhood. :lol

If anything at least you can always come to these boards for a good chuckle.

Niltusk, your sig sucks. It needs to be in color. The world is in color. You fail for not having a color sig! :lol

Niltusk, your sig sucks. It needs to be in color. The world is in color. You fail for not having a color sig! :lol

actually I might make this My sig :lol
I specially love how the fire translates so well in b/w :lol

Ufs2f.jpg

might change my Avatar as well lol

cfdM4.jpg

I've got it in color, it just looked better like this. Funny, I wasn't even thinking about that when I read all this B&W crap, good thing I wasn't one of the anti B&W tards. :panic:

I've got it in color, it just looked better like this. Funny, I wasn't even thinking about that when I read all this B&W crap, good thing I wasn't one of the anti B&W tards. :panic:

I think it looks ****ing cool.

Unlike making my sig black and white. Which makes it look dumb.

this also looks so much better :hi5:
Dave should change it, just works better you know. Much better.
0M0I3.png

I will admit the parts in Sin City that were in color looked weird. It looked better black and white, yes it did.

so what the F__k does he think about the show then? I mean if the zombies from Dawn of the Dead suck to him he must HATE the show :lol:lol

He says the zombies suck but I wish he said WHY. because of the gore? because of the decay? or is it the make up is too fake? not realistic enough? Too realistic?
was he talking about the original Dawn of the Dead?
I don't get it. He kinda sounds like an idiot when the show has zombies that pretty much look the same as the remake of Dawn of the Dead.

If a zombie apocalypse happened then I guess the world would turn black and white? we would lose all color? :cuckoo:
I mean doing the comics in black and white is cool but for him to say that.... wtf?

Kirkman is talking about the make-up done on the Zombies on the original Dawn of the dead. Not one of Mr. Savini's better works. The zombies looked terrible in that one (also, some of the worst actors to portray zombies ever put on film). I love that movie btw. And the Zombies from Walking dead (Nicetero's zombies) > Dawn of the dead remake zombies by a country mile.

zom8.jpg

Kirkman is talking about the make-up done on the Zombies on the original Dawn of the dead. Not one of Mr. Savini's better works. The zombies looked terrible in that one (also, some of the worst actors to portray zombies ever put on film). I love that movie btw. And the Zombies from Walking dead (Nicetero's zombies) > Dawn of the dead remake zombies by a country mile.

zom8.jpg

okay that makes more sense, I understand now. Just that his opinion on zombies in color seemed so weird to me right now since the show is now done in color and zombies movies kinda need to be in color now.
Specially when comics and movies are completely different, something that works in comics might not work in movies.

I know the comic is really really good and I know the black and white works for it and it is one of the best comics out there, so I wasn't even saying anything about the comic, his opinion just threw me off. Still doesn't really make a lot of sense because the movie is so old. What does an old zombie movie have anything to do with making his comic in b/w? Just a really weird quote from him.

Since it sold steady its first 6 months and then stayed at the top 5 of Images 20 to 30 titles they were pushing a months back then, I don't see why you'd think there would have been thoughts of cancellation. :dunno

Because you gotta think about how comics are made. They're not drawn up every month for the following month, they're done months in advance (or used to be - I know he's fallen behind since starting TWD). So given it was in a genre that really wasn't successful in comics and further crippled by black and white, a different picture is painted. Add to this the fact that Kirkman wasn't as solid before TWD and had already had a handful of cancellations when he started TWD and you can see why he'd come out of the gates swinging. The AMC interview reflects more accurately Kirkman's deal on the B&W, given he's got nothing to hide or worry about now.

Because you gotta think about how comics are made. They're not drawn up every month for the following month, they're done months in advance (or used to be - I know he's fallen behind since starting TWD). So given it was in a genre that really wasn't successful in comics and further crippled by black and white, a different picture is painted. Add to this the fact that Kirkman wasn't as solid before TWD and had already had a handful of cancellations when he started TWD and you can see why he'd come out of the gates swinging. The AMC interview reflects more accurately Kirkman's deal on the B&W, given he's got nothing to hide or worry about now.

What does the AMC interview say about the B/W?

okay that makes more sense, I understand now. Just that his opinion on zombies in color seemed so weird to me right now since the show is now done in color and zombies movies kinda need to be in color now.
Specially when comics and movies are completely different, something that works in comics might not work in movies.

I know the comic is really really good and I know the black and white works for it and it is one of the best comics out there, so I wasn't even saying anything about the comic, his opinion just threw me off. Still doesn't really make a lot of sense because the movie is so old. What does an old zombie movie have anything to do with making his comic in b/w? Just a really weird quote from him.

I think he drew a lot of inspiration from Night of the living dead, and from that he went with B&W. I find it hard to believe it wasn't an artistic choice, since I don't think he'd have a hard time convincing any company to back a zombie comic of his (since Marvel zombies was so popular), regardless of what he said during an interview (which he has given multiple explanations)

Back