The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Comic and Un-aired Spoilers unwelcome!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Spoilers!!)

From the quotes it seems like a mutual decision....curious as to why he would exit when the show is hitting it's stride, and reaching such mass audiences..hard to believe those were the only "stories he wanted to tell."

It's a dream job really. Best ratings on TV. Excellent show. Good network track record. Why would you leave the perfect job?

One guess...

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

WTF is up with that? I liked Mazzara!

I don't understand the powers that be over at AMC. This is really baffling.

Who cares? The source material is so good that as long as they stay fairly true to it, then just about anyone could run this show.

I remember all the moaning and groaning when Darabont was forced out and how the show would suffer. Look how that turned out.

Who cares? The source material is so good that as long as they stay fairly true to it, then just about anyone could run this show.

I remember all the moaning and groaning when Dubont was forced out and how the show would suffer. Look how that turned out.

What improved the show is listening to the fans imho. Mazzara proved he would do that. I hope who ever thay bring in to replace him will do the same.

Who cares?

Probably Glen Mazzara's family and friends. Although I won't lose any sleep over it, I do as well, he seemed like a nice enough guy.

The source material is so good that as long as they stay fairly true to it...

As long as Kirkman has creative input, that's the most important thing.

...then just about anyone could run this show.

I remember all the moaning and groaning when Darabont was forced out and how the show would suffer. Look how that turned out.

Just because the change from Darabont to Mazzara went well doesn't mean the change from Mazzara to whoever will. That being said, I believe Darabont was the main guy in season one then in season two forward it started to be more of a collaborative effort. So hopefully, there won't be a drop off.

Looks like the only thing they've done mutually is decide not to tell the whole story of the split. :lol

Glenn mazzara has left The Walking Dead due to creative differences with AMC. Wonder why Darabont left eh?

Season 4 is confirmed.

Darabont was fired.

Due to creative differences. They didnt part amicable and it cost us Sophia and Dale, maybe Shane. Glenn split amicably, gave us some more action which suited the slow build up. leaves.

How much you betting the next frontrunner leaves next year

Due to creative differences. They didnt part amicable and it cost us Sophia and Dale, maybe Shane. Glenn split amicably, gave us some more action which suited the slow build up. leaves.

How much you betting the next frontrunner leaves next year

:nono Jeffrey DeMunn's mouth cost us Dale.

:nono Jeffrey DeMunn's mouth cost us Dale.

Because he was a friend of darabont. thus sacking darabont cost us a major character. Of all the characters to die; Shane, lori, tdog, sophia, dale; we still have that god awful waste of space carol. She needs to die. asap.

Theyve killed foundation characters and kept the rubbish ones.

Jeffrey demunn played a great dale. I believe there was much more to come from that character. Sophia too to me was pivitol for carl. Beth/carl thing will be a travesty if it materialises and paedophilic.

Its the one thing im not happy about. if dale was alive, andrea wouldnt beanywhere near woodbury. Dale wouldnt've rested until he found Andrea. even if the go for a parental over sexual relationship, hes pivitol to me not because of the comics, but the character. Same as sophia.

Catch 22. Idve like to have known darabonts second half; he was only on set for the first few, then glenn did his work then his own. loved the second half ( apart from screwing shane) but if i knew darabonts second half, i could judge whether losing 2 characters which to me are key, was worth abit of action.

Glenn mazzara has left The Walking Dead due to creative differences with AMC. Wonder why Darabont left eh?

Season 4 is confirmed.

you should watch this, pretty good interview answering some of the questions about Darabont leaving.

[ame]https://youtu.be/uCyjdBac6p4[/ame]

Because he was a friend of darabont. thus sacking darabont cost us a major character. Of all the characters to die; Shane, lori, tdog, sophia, dale; we still have that god awful waste of space carol. She needs to die. asap.

Jeffrey demunn played a great dale. I believe there was much more to come from that character. Sophia too to me was pivitol for carl. Beth/carl thing will be a travesty if it materialises and paedophilic.

Its the one thing im not happy about. if dale was alive, andrea wouldnt beanywhere near woodbury. Dale wouldnt've rested until he found Andrea. even if the go for a parental over sexual relationship, hes pivitol to me not because of the comics, but the character. Same as sophia.

Catch 22. Idve like to have known darabonts second half; he was only on set for the first few, then glenn did his work then his own. loved the second half ( apart from screwing shane) but if i knew darabonts second half, i could judge whether losing 2 characters which to me are key, was worth abit of action.

Darabont wanted to ditch the main cast for episodes at a time to focus on random zombies and their origins. AMC made the right decision.

Was Darbount being fired really the reason that Sophia was killed? I just can't imagine a kid having such a vocal opinion about this that she would be fired.

Either way, im glad that she did die. The moment where she was revealed as a Zombie is probably my favorite scene in the series.

Was Darbount being fired really the reason that Sophia was killed? I just can't imagine a kid having such a vocal opinion about this that she would be fired.

Either way, im glad that she did die. The moment where she was revealed as a Zombie is probably my favorite scene in the series.

No, I think Sophia's death was just part of the story. Dale's death was DeMunn requesting to be written off the show after Darabont's leaving.

:lol
Welcome to the Walking Dead. People are going to die and its not always going to be "that dude that had three lines every other episode".

Back