The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Comic and Un-aired Spoilers unwelcome!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Spoilers!!)

:lol
Welcome to the Walking Dead. People are going to die and its not always going to be "that dude that had three lines every other episode".

No, im fully aware of what TWD is after reading it from day 1.

I know darabont wanted to do an episode following the army. Id be up for something like that, but I would be more up for some prequel episodes. to me the most interesting things in the series were the flashbacks of the chaos. The one with Shane going back to rick, theres so much id love to see with Shane getting carl and lori to safety. Id love to see it. To be honest, it would be more interesting than what weve got now. If handled right, it would better than the comics. Feels like there would be so much more interesting stories amidst chaos.

Still dont like Sophia being killed although she was useless. I always see sophia as carls future. Dale to me would be most important in season 3. With rick and the group turning into semi shanes, governors animalistic group against Dales ideoligy i believe that he couldve had a strong impact. even if it led to his death, it would be better than being jumped in an open field by a stealth-camo zombie.

I did like the reveal of sophia but it was spoilt by Carol and the pure and utter patheticness of the character screaming crying and generally blaming everyone for being an abysmal parent.

But i feel strongly about those flashbacks. Its something we never had in the comics. I feel theres a big story to be told with the army executing patients, Shane rescuing the original group. be cool to see the chaos in atlanta and how Shane led the group away amidst a complete melt down.

Might be sacrilidge but ive been re-reading the comics; the show is better for season 1 and the farm. Prison drags worse than S2, i believe Morrisey is a better governor than in the comics, and the series got stale after ricks breakdown. I actually.found some of the stuff like michonne vs governor in the comics to be.... rubbish. I never held that opinion before but im finding myself liking the comic books less as they go on. They should do the ben/billy/carl storyline or an adaption of it though. that made carl imo

Fortunately not. You see that all the time in movies. I guess by "more interesting" you mean "action-packed"?

No, im fully aware of what TWD is after reading it from day 1.

I know darabont wanted to do an episode following the army. Id be up for something like that, but I would be more up for some prequel episodes. to me the most interesting things in the series were the flashbacks of the chaos. The one with Shane going back to rick, theres so much id love to see with Shane getting carl and lori to safety. Id love to see it. To be honest, it would be more interesting than what weve got now. If handled right, it would better than the comics. Feels like there would be so much more interesting stories amidst chaos.

Still dont like Sophia being killed although she was useless. I always see sophia as carls future. Dale to me would be most important in season 3. With rick and the group turning into semi shanes, governors animalistic group against Dales ideoligy i believe that he couldve had a strong impact. even if it led to his death, it would be better than being jumped in an open field by a stealth-camo zombie.

I did like the reveal of sophia but it was spoilt by Carol and the pure and utter patheticness of the character screaming crying and generally blaming everyone for being an abysmal parent.

But i feel strongly about those flashbacks. Its something we never had in the comics. I feel theres a big story to be told with the army executing patients, Shane rescuing the original group. be cool to see the chaos in atlanta and how Shane led the group away amidst a complete melt down.

Might be sacrilidge but ive been re-reading the comics; the show is better for season 1 and the farm. Prison drags worse than S2, i believe Morrisey is a better governor than in the comics, and the series got stale after ricks breakdown. I actually.found some of the stuff like michonne vs governor in the comics to be.... rubbish. I never held that opinion before but im finding myself liking the comic books less as they go on. They should do the ben/billy/carl storyline or an adaption of it though. that made carl imo

Sounds like someone who just can't hold an opinion. Sorry about your luck. :dunno

I do agree that the flashbacks were pretty nice in the show. I like those as well.

I think it was a huge missed opportunity and a stupid one to not do more flashbacks since AMC didn't want to have as much zombies in the second season. They didn't want to have as many scenes with zombies but they didn't really do much flashbacks.... They could have done flashbacks with Hershel and his wife too. Or with Maggie. Seeing their live before the zombies showed up would have been really interesting and would probably helped the audience connect better with the characters on the farm. I don't even remember Hershel's son at all. I for one would have been interested in that.

totally missed opportunity I agree. Pretty stupid in AMC's part.

Fortunately not. You see that all the time in movies. I guess by "more interesting" you mean "action-packed"?

No, im not after gunfights. Im after the mass panic. I want to see how the group before rick, survived with Shane as the leader. I want to see how they established just outside atlanta, glenns first ever run, things like that.

I dont care for gunfights, it would be nice to see the chaos of zombies overunning atlanta, but focus on the original group, how the characters pulled together. Just follow shane and the group running, driving through atlanta, how they all met up and stuck together. None of them needs to fire a weapon really except shane and dale if anything.

I want to see the struggle to survive atlanta. If theres something that feels lacking in TWD the show, its survival. I mean at the prison they cleared all the zombies out easy, they did one run for baby formula, went out on a second one, but wheres the food coming from? how are they all so clean?

I liked season 1 in that you saw the group retaining humanity; washing clothes, hunting for food, reminiscing about what they miss. its the survival element that feels like its gone. I still cant remember where rick got an m4a1 or whatever it is. I always thought they just had the few bags of shotguns, but then they couldve scavenged them rom somewhere.

Either road, i want more intriguing story from the outbreak. The confusion and the panic. its what I would like to see even as a spin off. It wouldnt be like bog standard zombie films, it would just be pure survival, the waiting on the governments emergency calls etc.

No, im not after gunfights. Im after the mass panic. I want to see how the group before rick, survived with Shane as the leader. I want to see how they established just outside atlanta, glenns first ever run, things like that.

I dont care for gunfights, it would be nice to see the chaos of zombies overunning atlanta, but focus on the original group, how the characters pulled together. Just follow shane and the group running, driving through atlanta, how they all met up and stuck together. None of them needs to fire a weapon really except shane and dale if anything.

I want to see the struggle to survive atlanta. If theres something that feels lacking in TWD the show, its survival. I mean at the prison they cleared all the zombies out easy, they did one run for baby formula, went out on a second one, but wheres the food coming from? how are they all so clean?

I liked season 1 in that you saw the group retaining humanity; washing clothes, hunting for food, reminiscing about what they miss. its the survival element that feels like its gone. I still cant remember where rick got an m4a1 or whatever it is. I always thought they just had the few bags of shotguns, but then they couldve scavenged them rom somewhere.

Either road, i want more intriguing story from the outbreak. The confusion and the panic. its what I would like to see even as a spin off. It wouldnt be like bog standard zombie films, it would just be pure survival, the waiting on the governments emergency calls etc.

There would not be enough money for this. The whole reason that Darabont was fired was not only because he wanted to follow specific zombies but because this would cost too much and AMC said NO WAY.
That's also why season 2 is the way it is as well, budget. I remember someone saying that they were even wondering if the audience didn't need to see the zombies but just hearing the zombies was good enough.

Darabont was kicked off because of the budget issue as well.

That's why I think is very stupid that AMC didn't do more flashbacks for season 2. If they didn't want to spend money on zombies they could have shot the farm before the zombie outbreak.

There would not be enough money for this. The whole reason that Darabont was fired was not only because he wanted to follow specific zombies but because this would cost too much and AMC said NO WAY.
That's also why season 2 is the way it is as well, budget. I remember someone saying that they were even wondering if the audience didn't need to see the zombies but just hearing the zombies was good enough.

Darabont was kicked off because of the budget issue as well.

That's why I think is very stupid that AMC didn't do more flashbacks for season 2. If they didn't want to spend money on zombies they could have shot the farm before the zombie outbreak.

Yeah budget cuts screwed season 2. Personally, Shane/Otis shouldve been a full episode alone, planning it and making it more of a struggle. That was over far too soon.

I am reading some stuff online that Glen Mazzara left because of AMC cutting the budget for season 4?

I am reading some stuff online that Glen Mazzara left because of AMC cutting the budget for season 4?

Nothing would surprise me with that nuckleheaded organization. Clearly, there is drama behind-the-scenes....showrunners don't run away from a show in droves on a happy set

Could you come across any more angry and bitter?

:lol No, like I said he did me a favor by asking to be written off the show .

Reading comprehension mustn't be one of your strong suits huh? Let me put it in little words you can understand.

I...happy...Dale...gone.

:lol No, like I said he did me a favor by asking to be written off the show .

Reading comprehension mustn't be one of your strong suits huh? Let me put it in little words you can understand.

I...happy...Dale...gone.

Fair enough, but to return the favor:

me miss him

LOL, one of the more interesting 'arguments' from here, I will admit. Perhaps my love of the character in the comic overshadowed what I saw in the show, but aside from his serious hard on for Shane, and his slight complaining toward Andrea (about Shane), I really dug him

Rick bobble head= 12.99,
How is this cheaper than the Mcfarlane crap? yet looks better and is bigger?
FU3037lg.jpg

:lol Damn McFarlane crap.

I'm just saying, that booblehead is exactly what I expect when I hear the words "Walking Dead Booblehead" and the price is exactly what they cost.

I really don't get why little 5 inch Walking dead Mcfarlane figures are $20 and look like complete ****.
and people are paying 150 dollars for them.... madness. :gah:

I'm not arguing with you, I've never seen the allure of anything made by McFarlane except those big alternative Spawn mandarin thingys.

Do you know what angers me about Mcfarlane? The figures are abysmal, yet look at the prototype, its stunning. They were more statue-like, sort of like NECA's resident evil figures;

Proto
walking_dead_action_figures.jpg

The sheite we got;
walking-dead-figure-5.jpg

Back