The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Comic and Un-aired Spoilers unwelcome!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a cute talking point, but the reality is a lot more kids will derail their lives with sexual mistakes than with gunfights.

My oldest two kids are 8 and 5. I've let them watch parts of The Walking Dead. Not whole episodes, and not the goriest parts ... but a few minutes here and there, including some zombie combat. The biggest parental fear there is nightmares. They've never had any, though. My 5yo son thought it was awesome.

On the other hand ... we won't let them watch sitcoms with casual sex in it. We've cut off episodes of The Big Bang Theory that had two unmarried people showering together. A skewed vision of appropriate sexuality can do a lot more damage to a kid than seeing a zombie get cut down. Fantasy vs. reality.

SnakeDoc

well,I never mention sex, i mention nudity, as in a woman taking off her shirt or bra. nothing to do with sex,but a naked body is forbidden.
A naked WOMAN's body I might add, Because shows have even shown naked men before (Without showing their privates) and they even show a guy's butt sometimes in some shows (usually as a form of comedy)

but for some reason a woman's boob is forbidden, You could have a woman doing a striptease for a guy on a show and, as long as they don't show her boobs, the show will air.

Is funny you should mention sex because you made me think of something I didn't before, shows might even show people getting ready to have sex, or in a bed under sheets having sex (2 and a half men does that all the time) so even the idea of sex is okay, just as long as the woman is never shown.

I don't know, Of course showing sex on tv is not appropriate for kids to watch,
but I was never talking about sex, I Was only talking about how tv makes it seem like the naked body is something to be ashamed of,

and it seems to mainly be a problem with women, or their boobs mainly, because like I said they don't have a problem with showing a guy's butt, or showing a woman on a bikini, but all hell breaks loose if there is a nipple showing.

Just weird. :cuckoo:

Cable will show women's backsides. First episode of this season of Justified had a full head-to-toe rear-end shot of some chick.

They won't show full-frontal for either men or women, or topless frontal for women. Not a completely unreasonable standard.

SnakeDoc

I just recently got into this show. I watched Season 1 and 2 back to back without commercials, working on Season 3 as we speak.

Man is it fantastic, I've been missing out on a great show for the past couple of years. There's so many twists and surprises, definitely my favorite series to date. I'll catch up with Season 3 and then be ready to go for season 4. I can't wait.

Watching season 2 in one long stretch I'd imagine makes it better.

Season 3 has been pretty much perfect since the start.

Waiting a week for those storylines to wrap up was brutal. And not in a good way. I had to force myself to watch those episodes....ugh.

And it did improve thankfully. The episode after they came back was just fantastic. ( I don't know which one though....been a while)

Yup, especially with the suspense involving Sophia, the Farm, and Shane.

While the search for Sophia felt like it dragged on for a bit and sadly I read a spoiler before the ep revealed she was dead aired, the scene were she walks out of the barn and when Rick puts her down was still shocking and well done. I was one of those guys wanting to see Shane bite the dust but when it finally happened, I was actually sad to see him go :(

I just recently got into this show. I watched Season 1 and 2 back to back without commercials, working on Season 3 as we speak.

Man is it fantastic, I've been missing out on a great show for the past couple of years. There's so many twists and surprises, definitely my favorite series to date. I'll catch up with Season 3 and then be ready to go for season 4. I can't wait.

We're still on season 3. The second half just starts next Sunday, its not a new season. So catch up for the rest of THIS season. Pretty sure they'll repeat all of this season's episodes sometime next week at least. They tend to do WD marathons after large breaks.

Best show on TV right now, easily.

While the search for Sophia felt like it dragged on for a bit and sadly I read a spoiler before the ep revealed she was dead aired, the scene were she walks out of the barn and when Rick puts her down was still shocking and well done. I was one of those guys wanting to see Shane bite the dust but when it finally happened, I was actually sad to see him go :(

I was one of the lucky ones not to see that spoiler so I was shocked when Sophia stepped out of that barn. :horror

Reading that spoiler was the only thing that kept me going....:lol

I was so happy to learn there was an ENDING and one that gave me a sense of retribution. :lol...that character wasted my ****ing time, and I was beyond glad to see her go.

It was an effective scene though. Very well done. If I didn't have a seething hatrid for that season, and her whole storyline, I would've been more moved. :lol

Oh yeah, I can't imagine weeks and weeks and weeks of season 2, that had to be brutal. Glad I wasn't in the know and could wrap it up in one sitting in a few hours.

I was getting antsy even in that sitting, "they haven't found her yet?", "what happened to Carl with the deer". Can't imagine that for weeks on end. Kudos to you guys.

We're still on season 3. The second half just starts next Sunday, its not a new season. So catch up for the rest of THIS season. Pretty sure they'll repeat all of this season's episodes sometime next week at least. They tend to do WD marathons after large breaks.

Best show on TV right now, easily.

AMC is showing the episodes from the beginning all next week

Back