The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Comic and Un-aired Spoilers unwelcome!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still think the timeon the farm has been the best of the series so far. where they are now in the story, it's almost like the zombies aren't a problem any more. The problem is the people. But on the farm it was a combo of zombies and personal relationships.

S.1 Zombies
S.2 Their own Group
S.3 Other Groups
S.4 Magic Dragons
S.5 Killer Tomato Aliens
S.6 Their own shadows

FO7xjcb.jpg

Is that
Lori
?

I still think the timeon the farm has been the best of the series so far. where they are now in the story, it's almost like the zombies aren't a problem any more. The problem is the people. But on the farm it was a combo of zombies and personal relationships.

The zombies had to become a non-issue. After a while, you'd get hardened to it. During the initial shock of Ssn1 and Ssn2, the zombies can be an overwhelming force ... and even one or two can scare a civilian to death. They were a villain by themselves. But, for hardened fighters, they're just part of the setting. I just couldn't buy them screaming in fear at a walker or two or ten anymore. How far can you go without the characters developing some immunity to zombie terror? They're basically animals, not evil forces. Kill them with a head shot ... and don't get bit.

Its always interesting to jump back to Season 1 or two and appreciate just how much they've changed. Rick moves from confused and lost, to doubtful leader, to capable benevolent dictator. Carl moves from kid, to badass. Daryl actually hasn't changed much (gotta love rednecks). Andrea's still easy ... but she doesn't scare easy anymore, and she can defend herself. Etc. The whole group has become an effective tactical unit, rather than just a bunch of scared civilians.

Season 3 has been the best so far -- better action, faster, and more compelling drama with a genuine human villain. They're hardened. They're capable of surviving ... and they're struggling against another group that's also hardened and capable. That's likely how the world would work in a situation like this.

SnakeDoc

Back