The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Comic and Un-aired Spoilers unwelcome!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haven't read the comics. But, the actor that played Axel said Axel was originally a serial killer that kidnapped a group member -- he said probably Beth -- and dragged her into the woods. Said the character was rewritten after casting. Is that the same character as Thomas?

comic spoiler
Yeah, I saw he mentioned that - on TD I assume? But that's the same character description as Thomas. I wonder why they made the change. It's not like they did that much with Axel (or Beth), where they thought "We can't lose a fan favorite to this plot!"

Probably the hillbilly/redneck accents :lol

I'm from Texas. I don't hear any accents.

I think its the character's backgrounds -- two guys raised together in the South ... one goes good, one goes bad. The good one has a dark side, and the bad one is likeable in his own way. The writing of the scenes between Daryl and Merle reminded me of the scenes between Boyd and Raylan. Maybe its the Southern one-liners and quips.

SnakeDoc

Haven't read the comics. But, the actor that played Axel said Axel was originally a serial killer that kidnapped a group member -- he said probably Beth -- and dragged her into the woods. Said the character was rewritten after casting. Is that the same character as Thomas?

Yeah. The Merle and Daryl scenes really made the first half of this episode. I hope they keep Merle around a while ... for the same reason Justified has to keep Boyd Crowder around. Scenes with those two are brilliant. Actually, now that I mention it, they kinda remind me of Raylan and Boyd.

SnakeDoc

Something tells me that he might die before the season ends. I mean, how long can he be with Rick's group before everyone turns on him?

also, he would either redeem himself and save the group or betray the group and die by Glenn's or Michonne's hand or something, I don't know but I don't see a bright future for Merle

Something tells me that he might die before the season ends. I mean, how long can he be with Rick's group before everyone turns on him?

also, he would either redeem himself and save the group or betray the group and die by Glenn's or Michonne's hand or something, I don't know but I don't see a bright future for Merle

That'd cause a major problem with Daryl. Leaving Merle behind or dragging him back to the prison is one thing. Watching him get cut down is another.

I don't see Glenn getting the jump on Merle, though. Maybe Michonne. I think it'd be more likely that The Governor would get him than Glenn or Michonne.

Merle needs them more than they need him right now, and he knows it. That's why he followed Daryl back. Daryl has chosen ... so, for Merle, he either has to prove himself to the group and earn his keep, or strike off on his own ... which he doesn't want to do. That's why he jumped to Rick's rescue without hesitation -- unlike that Mexican family. He's trying to prove his value.

I think he'll prove very useful in the fight against The Governor. He might even be the one to get the killshot.

SnakeDoc

We had a bit of a blizzard for the last 24 hours and of course my dish went down for fifteen minutes right in the midle of the episode--- I lost all of the (sounds like fun) stuff with Merle and Daryl... :mad:

Oh well, I'll catch it up on-line sometime.

I really hope The Gov. is looking in a mirror in the next weeks preview, cause if not that is a huge continuity fail with his missing eye on the wrong side.

i would assume that he is looking at the damage in the mirror but you never know...daryl's tattoos did move from his right shoulder to his left shoulder last night, lol

tdog_medium.gif

If/when Merle dies, it will probably be because he ends up sacrificing himself to save Daryl.

This. As much as I hate to say it, I think by seasons end we are gonna be at least one Dixon brother short and I think Merle is the most likely candidate. If Merle ends up becoming a true member of Rick's group and doesn't back stab them or anything, I think he'll probably die trying to save Daryl most likely from The Governor.

I dunno. I thought Merle was as good as dead after the mid season finale. He burnt his bridges with both camps. But now after the way they brought the Dixons back to camp, he might be around for a while. He's one of their fighters now, which they are desperate for. After losing T-Dog and the convicts, they could use some replacements. That's not to say he won't get killed, but I don't think the group will get rid of him now at least. I think its fairly safe to say we'll lose at least one more member of the group by the finale.

Rick is the only safe one IMO since the show has pretty much been told from his eyes since the beginning. Daryl is a fan favorite, but like 24, Walking Dead doesn't pull any punches and does the unexpected a lot, so he isn't really safe. Although Merle dying to save his brother would be a good redeeming quality for him, but kinda expected at this point. I could easily see Daryl doing the same thing to save Merle and let Merle redeem himself after Daryl's death by taking his place in the group. I'd almost rather see that happen as its the more unlikely scenario and would make for a very impacting episode.

Back