The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Comic and Un-aired Spoilers unwelcome!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No way in hell they off Daryl, the fan backlash would be catastrophic. This show is ballsy, but it ain't that ballsy.

Yeah, its not like they're going to kill them both at once with nobody lined up to replace them. Daryl's got Merle as replacement so he's definitely expendable now, but they don't have a suitable replacement for Rick yet (which was Hershel's point this last episode).

I do think the show would survive their deaths. It would probably hurt ratings some, but it could also boost them because of the shock value and then the curiosity of people tuning it to find out what its going to happen after they're gone.

In any case, I think we are due for another main character death by the end of the season.

If Rick and Daryl dies, we're left with only boring morons.

I don't like any character in this show aside from them...and maybe Glenn. But he's getting too cocky now. Rick is even getting on my nerves too with his forced craziness.

Don't think Rick, Carl or Daryl will die.

I think Merle will bite it towards the season finale, probably heroically after some sacrifice. I definitely see an arc brewing for him.

I hope Merle doesn't get some noble heroic death. That's just too much of a cheesy about face for that character.

Don't think Rick, Carl or Daryl will die.

I think Merle will bite it towards the season finale, probably heroically after some sacrifice. I definitely see an arc brewing for him.

I can totally see Carl dying. In fact, I expected him to die last year when Otis shot him. Just based on the fact the actor is aging faster than time is progressing on the show. I think that was a major factor of them fast forwarding through the winter between season 2 and 3. Lost had the same problem with Walt, so they got him off the island. There is no getting off the island on Walked Dead, just getting offed. :lol

I still don't see the endgame. When is this show going to end? Season 4 is a definite. Will there be a season 5? 6? How far can this show really go before we see some resolve in this walker world.

I still don't see the endgame. When is this show going to end? Season 4 is a definite. Will there be a season 5? 6? How far can this show really go before we see some resolve in this walker world.

the comic has been going strong for 10 years,

Daryl's got Merle as replacement so he's definitely expendable now

I like Merle, but he isn't even in the same realm as Daryl's likeability or interesting characterization.

Discounting all the Woodbury connections, Merle has two main purposes: to stir **** up, and be the yin to Daryl's yang. The important thing about this is, though, is that Merle would need Daryl around long term to remain an interesting character, but not the other way around.

I can totally see Carl dying. In fact, I expected him to die last year when Otis shot him. Just based on the fact the actor is aging faster than time is progressing on the show. I think that was a major factor of them fast forwarding through the winter between season 2 and 3. Lost had the same problem with Walt, so they got him off the island. There is no getting off the island on Walked Dead, just getting offed. :lol

I wouldn't mind them killing off Carl just to see where that would take Rick's character. They should keep pushing him and pushing him beyond his breaking point as I don't think there's much interesting territory left to explore with him as the steadfast leader.

I hope Merle doesn't get some noble heroic death. That's just too much of a cheesy about face for that character.

Agreed. I'm expecting it to happen - he's going to save, like, Glenn. Glenn will look at him all surprised, and an expression of appreciation will appear on his face. Merle will look at him knowingly, give him one firm nod, then pass away a hero. :lol

What should happen is Merle tries some bull**** on someone, and Daryl kills Merle.

That's the thing. They could end it in just a few more seasons or keep it going 10+ years if they are currently introducing new characters and getting rid of older ones.

It will be interesting to see how they end the show though, as I would assume it will end before the comic. So we might get no conclusion - just the characters living on or dying in the finale. Or we might get a kind of 'what if' kind of ending since they don't know how the comic will end (or if it ever does). So the ending of the TV show could be a spoiler for the comic in some ways :dunno

With as successful as the show is, I'd say we're going to go way beyond season 4. I'd say a good 6 seasons at least. Unlike most TV shows, Walking Dead as a LOT of material they can adapt. They have the advantage of knowing what storylines from the comics worked and what didn't. So they can produce a better show by knowing beforehand what works and what doesn't. They aren't just making up crap as they go like most shows.

Back