The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Comic and Un-aired Spoilers unwelcome!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would bet that by the beginning of season 4 the show will have almost totally deviated from the course the comics take.

I would bet that by the beginning of season 4 the show will have almost totally deviated from the course the comics take.

Well they said the Hunters will show up in soon like the ones in the comics so I believe they will split from the books but keep some core stoylines from them.

I wonder who is going to die from each side this Sunday? Will there be more than one death?

Last edited:
Truthfully, this show is losing me some

Me to, would be nice to see this arc finish and the next start before next season

And whats the end game here? Watch this group go from season to season escaping death?

Would like to see what's left of them wandering house to house again after the prison aftermath before ending up in the housing community. Have season 4 take place in Wiltshire Estates instead of the Safezone since Alexandria is too much like Woodbury. Have Negan show up there instead. Also given the way the Governors been written quite lightly in comparison to the comics, they should make Negan completely ruthless and unsympathetic.

Would also really like to see snow next season.

The show is really awesome but if you have read the comics, you know how it could be better, so really if you have no knowledge of the comics the show is really amazing cause you have no source material to compare it to. There are a lot of things I like better in the show than in the comics but I just felt let down on the last few episodes like it could have been way better, that's all, I'm still a huge fan and I have faith this season will end strong.

I guess the one thing I am starting to realize is that

1) the Zombie apocalypse would be kind of boring if it really happened. (when you have a zombie movie you only get one hour and a half to tell your story, but WD is showing us what would happen in the long run, also sequels to Zombie movies usually change settings or even characters, but like I said WD is showing us what would happen to an specific group of people for a long time)

2) the Comic might not translate that well into live show. I am not saying the show or the comic are not good, but seems like stuff that was done for the comic that people loved is not translating as well to the show. You have more control with a comic about what goes on the page and people can read at their own pace. You don't have that with a show.
Kind of reminds me of what Alan Moore said about the Watchmen movie, how no matter how close it was to the comic the reader can see the comic at his own speed and really take a good look at every page/ read the same page and analyse it over and over while you can't do that with a movie.

Books are always better than movies, because they play out in your mind. Comic books give you text and pictures, but you fill in the action/movement in your head. The show can't really compete with your mind, and how things play out in there. You have to take the show at face value, what you see is what you get. There is not much opportunity for your mind to actively participate in the story development. Holding a show to the same levels as you would a book, or comic book is not really fair.

Books are always better than movies, because they play out in your mind. Comic books give you text and pictures, but you fill in the action/movement in your head. The show can't really compete with your mind, and how things play out in there. You have to take the show at face value, what you see is what you get. There is not much opportunity for your mind to actively participate in the story development. Holding a show to the same levels as you would a book, or comic book is not really fair.

I agree with that which was why I was trying not to read the books and only watch the show. It wasn't until the break from the second season that I actually started reading the comics and even as I started reading i would keep saying the show was sooo much better because of the cast, score, sets, costumes and not to mention the tension and emotional level. But once I started reading the books I could not stop, I was current within 2 weeks because they were so addicting and although there where never any moments that got me as tense or emotional as the show its still very interesting to know where the story could possibly go and how the characters react when put in different situations.

Back