The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Comic and Un-aired Spoilers unwelcome!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For this episode it was clearly meaning what they were going to do to Michonne. But it could very well take up an alternate meaning in the finale. I could see Hershel sacrificing himself to save Beth and/or Maggie. Especially now that Maggie is engaged. She's got a future. Hershel's only got one leg now.

Though personally I'd be as sad to see Hershel go as I was Merle this week. I really started to like Merle this year and his death was the first one on the show I actually felt bad for. Couldn't wait for Shane and Lori to die. I did feel a little bad for T-dog, but he never did much of anything for the audience to connect with him. :dunno

In the context of that episode, it's very clear he was referring to Michonne. But typically when that kind of line is used it's suggestive of an upcoming sacrifice on the speakers part. I hope he doesn't go though...kill Glenn instead.

No love for Dale?

i actually miss TheDale.........but we couldn't have 2 wise old gentleman doling out the wisdom of their years for the betterment of the group. so one had to go...........& go he did..........in a gory shocking bloody messy way...........:monkey4

:wave.........miss you dale

:wave........gonna miss you hershel............:monkey3

I like Hershel's role on the show. He's like the older wise man that the "king" has to ask advice from.

I like Hershel's role on the show. He's like the older wise man that the "king" has to ask advice from.

Yeah, his character's arc has been great so far. I loved watching his acceptance of the overall situation grow since he was introduced, to the elder statesman he has become.

Dale>Hershel

I liked Dale. I really did. I was gutted when he was killed off. But I recently watched all of series 1 and 2 within the last two weeks and I was surprised that I found Dale's character this time around to be naive and stupid considering how their world had changed. Dale was a good moral anchor to a point. But listening to him talk in his last episode and the self righteous "I know what's moral and you are all blind" attitude made me wish he would die sooner. :lol

Glen will get himself together now that Merle is gone. He'll relax within the group. Of course, everyone is a bit off. It's been stressful, the situation between Woodbury and the prison, loosing people, Andrea's "return", introduction of Michonne, re-appearance of Merle, Tyreese & group, Herschel's leg, Lori, etc. Season three had a lot going on. Now, the loss of Merle, the impending war. I know people think parts of the show have been filler, and drag a bit, but we don't know really know the actual speed of all of these events have occured in. How much "real time" has elapsed since season 3 started? Two weeks? Three? There may be day(s) where nothing happens? Just normal day to day living.

I have a feeling that the show is going to have to ramp up the threat from the Walkers. They seem to relatively easy to manage. We haven't seen anything like the large herd that showed up at the farm. You would think all the noise from the Woodbury raid, the attack on the prison, that more Walkers would be heading that way.

In that preview of the Governor's group getting into the perimeter of the prison I noticed barely any Walkers around. That would make me suspicious if I was the Governor. I have an idea that would explain that. I just hope it wasn't an oversight by the show.

Last edited:
I really dont want the Governor to make it out of season 3. He was a nice little departure from just worrying about walkers but blah.

Andrea can die too.

I hope Glen or Maggie dies, just one.

Then I can move on peacefully to season 4.

I hope The Group runs into a redneck family camping out next season with a hot 20 something year old daughter for Daryl.

I have a feeling that the show is going to have to ramp up the threat from the Walkers. They seem to relatively easy to manage.

That's what l said last night watching the new episode. The zombies are getting slower and dumber and less of a threat. It's actually starting to get boring and stale to watch. That is because this season isn't about the zombies, it's about clashes between groups, zombies are just part of thier enviroment.

I really dont want the Governor to make it out of season 3. He was a nice little departure from just worrying about walkers but blah.

Andrea can die too.

I hope Glen or Maggie dies, just one.

Then I can move on peacefully to season 4.

I hope The Group runs into a redneck family camping out next season with a hot 20 something year old daughter for Daryl.

He and Carol are already hitting things off. Episode 1 of this season made that clear. They're just not acting like horny teenagers like Glenn and Maggie so they haven't furthered their relationship yet, but they're definitely working on it IMO.

I liked Dale. I really did. I was gutted when he was killed off. But I recently watched all of series 1 and 2 within the last two weeks and I was surprised that I found Dale's character this time around to be naive and stupid considering how their world had changed. Dale was a good moral anchor to a point. But listening to him talk in his last episode and the self righteous "I know what's moral and you are all blind" attitude made me wish he would die sooner. :lol

I kind of found Dale annoying and overly self righteous. I hate to say it, but at the time I wanted him gone as much a Shane. I feel like Hershel fits the role better, he's more fatherly and everything he says doesnt come off as know-it-allish as Dale did.

Hershel is fine but I think his daughters gave him a different vibe than dale...some validity than just a yapping old man.

Dale couldn't adapt to this world. That was his problem. He had the right ideas, but thy weren't all applicable to the world they live in now. So I can't say I hated Dale, but I don't really miss him all that much either.

Like I said earlier, Merle is the first death on the show that really bummed me out. Had he died the first season on the roof, I couldn't have been happier then. I can't remember doing such a 180 on a character since T-bag on Prison Break. I hated him in the beginning too but he ended up my favorite character by the time that show ended. I personally wouldn't mind Merle popping up from time to time in either flashbacks with Daryl or hallucinations like Daryl had last season (and Rick is having this season). Even though he gone, I can see Daryl still thinking of him often.

Back