The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Comic and Un-aired Spoilers unwelcome!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think so. The Governor planned on ambushing Rick at the meeting. Merle took out eight of the Governor's best, not just eight random schmucks. The showdown at the prison could've looked a lot different if Merle hadn't done what he did (and the showdown with Merle could've looked a lot different if Milton hadn't burned the Governor's walker-bomb).

The showdown happened logically ... make it look abandoned, funnel them into a small space, scare the hell out of them and make them flee. They're not soldiers. They have no skills. They've never been in a gunfight. Get them closed-in, make their numbers useless ... and then use their inexperience to your advantage. If Merle hadn't taken down those eight ... there'd probably have been a firefight in the catacombs.

I thought it was a fitting ending ... and I like that the writers don't always take you where you're expecting to go. Everybody expected the Governor, Martinez and the black fella to die ... they didn't. Everybody expected some of the weakest at the prison to fall ... they didn't. Everybody expected Rick's crew would take out a bunch of the Governor's and the Governor himself, and lose a few of their own ... but the Governor took out his own and fled to fight another day, and Rick lost none, and gained several useful people.

And, in contrast to last year's ending which set up what's next ... this ending left you wondering where they're going with it. Keeping people guessing is a good thing.

SnakeDoc

Well stated. :goodpost: :duff

This is the first fall in four years that I'm really not looking forward all that much to TWD starting. Yea, I'll be sure to watch, and I'm hopeful that it will be good - but I have zero anticipation. Why? Because instead of leaving me teased, they left me with the same old same old. Can you imagine how pissed people would have been at the end of season 3 if they'd been left at the farm? And yet it seems some folks are fine that we have the same bad guy antagonist, same location, and pretty much same gang that we had all season. The show is getting safe - they didn't kill the gov because he's been a favorite of the fans, just like any other drama on tv. When they started, the producers and AMC were playing to win - now that they have, they're playing not to lose. They are less willing to take risk, which means the show can become a ghost of what it was.

I hope not - I hope they have something very exciting and surprising for next season. But not giving us any sort of tease as to what that might be? Bad idea. What they gave us for a season finale was nothing but another episode - they could have inserted it anywhere in the season, and it would have not even been noticed as anything particularly unique. Other than the death of Andrea - which wasn't nearly as well done as other major deaths like Shane or even Dale - nothing particularly plot worthy happened. In fact, Merle's death the week before was much more impactful. So yea, nothing happened in the finale that couldn't haev easily happened three of four episodes earlier, and there's nothing they've set up for next season that has me all that excited.

This is the first fall in four years that I'm really not looking forward all that much to TWD starting. Yea, I'll be sure to watch, and I'm hopeful that it will be good - but I have zero anticipation. Why? Because instead of leaving me teased, they left me with the same old same old. Can you imagine how pissed people would have been at the end of season 3 if they'd been left at the farm? And yet it seems some folks are fine that we have the same bad guy antagonist, same location, and pretty much same gang that we had all season. The show is getting safe - they didn't kill the gov because he's been a favorite of the fans, just like any other drama on tv. When they started, the producers and AMC were playing to win - now that they have, they're playing not to lose. They are less willing to take risk, which means the show can become a ghost of what it was.

I hope not - I hope they have something very exciting and surprising for next season. But not giving us any sort of tease as to what that might be? Bad idea. What they gave us for a season finale was nothing but another episode - they could have inserted it anywhere in the season, and it would have not even been noticed as anything particularly unique. Other than the death of Andrea - which wasn't nearly as well done as other major deaths like Shane or even Dale - nothing particularly plot worthy happened. In fact, Merle's death the week before was much more impactful. So yea, nothing happened in the finale that couldn't haev easily happened three of four episodes earlier, and there's nothing they've set up for next season that has me all that excited.

I agree. I will be looking forward to season 4 like always but leaving in limbo isn't something I'm a fan of. I really hope they stage the panel at comic-con the same day The Hobbit panel is because I want to see whats up. As far as episodes go I think the season finale should have been the Merle death episode. They could have ended it with the Govenor getting ready to attack and the other **** hitting the fan from there. If they were just going to leave him alive and all.

I don't need to be teased to be interested in a story.

Me either.

Sometimes it's nice to not have a cliffhanger.

For me, the most significant moment of the show was Carl killing that kid. Dark stuff. I don't read the comic, but I definitely felt the weight of that scene.

I don't need to be teased to be interested in a story.

:lecture

BTW... I just want to say...

ripb.jpg

:monkey2

People have gotten too used to "event TV" where a season builds and builds until the finale. That's fine and everything. But once in a while it's nice that a show doesn't feel like it has to titillate and excite to breed interest. I look forward to the next season because I care about the characters. That's enough for me.

I agree. I will be looking forward to season 4 like always but leaving in limbo isn't something I'm a fan of. I really hope they stage the panel at comic-con the same day The Hobbit panel is because I want to see whats up. As far as episodes go I think the season finale should have been the Merle death episode. They could have ended it with the Govenor getting ready to attack and the other **** hitting the fan from there. If they were just going to leave him alive and all.

:lol

Yeah, they could have done that and that would have been better.

People have gotten too used to "event TV" where a season builds and builds until the finale. That's fine and everything. But once in a while it's nice that a show doesn't feel like it has to titillate and excite to breed interest. I look forward to the next season because I care about the characters. That's enough for me.

Exactly right.

People always wanted to nitpick LOST too, but the bottom line is if you care about the characters it's a good show. And there is no show on that compares in that department.

:lol

Yeah, they could have done that and that would have been better.

In the end I don't mind so much them leaving him alive but they build up to a battle that really wasn't more than the firs time they crashed the gate. Tossed in a couple of events and left it flat. I think if they had switched episodes and added The Govenor getting ready it would have set the plate nice for S4.

People always wanted to nitpick LOST too, but the bottom line is if you care about the characters it's a good show. And there is no show on that compares in that department.

I loved Lost. It is my favorite show of all-time at least in my "adult" years. The great thing about Lost was the mystery of trying to figure it all out and they made you care about the characters. I love The Walking Dead and care about the characters. I feel like if you dislike a character so much you want to see them go they're doing a good job. Much like Lost though with either season 3 or 4 it was a bit weak at least for me. Now, Lost did bounce right back and I expect TWD did as well but as a whole this was probably the weakest season.

Exactly right.

Well that's one problem. It's become a struggle to care about any character in this series. Between the beyond idiotic decisions they make and the constant, unnecessarily dramatic soap opera speeches, they've all become as annoying as hell.

There are PLENTY of shows on that are "better in that department". My god. TWD should not be the standard for good characters.

I love the ending. Don't really care for cliffhangers and wait for months to learn what happens. I will now move on to start on Supernatural :lol

I nit pick as much as anyone for discussion sake and would change some things if I could but I still really enjoy this show and am looking forward to next season. I have no problem with any of you that don't like the show and trash it because the only important number is the ratings and the season finale kicked *** in that regard which means you're in the minority. What this tells the show runners is to keep doing what they're doing because it's obviously working. Hopefully they're smart enough not to do anything too stupid that will end my enjoyment of the show.

Personally feel the Governor's story may as well be over. Not sure why they are prolonging the character into the next season. He hit pinnacle madness killing his own people. He inacted revenge on Milton and Laurie. The character doesn't have anything left, IMO. Should have killed him off.

The only storyline I can see his character being useful is if Carl joined him.

I don't think so. The Governor planned on ambushing Rick at the meeting. Merle took out eight of the Governor's best, not just eight random schmucks. The showdown at the prison could've looked a lot different if Merle hadn't done what he did (and the showdown with Merle could've looked a lot different if Milton hadn't burned the Governor's walker-bomb).

The showdown happened logically ... make it look abandoned, funnel them into a small space, scare the hell out of them and make them flee. They're not soldiers. They have no skills. They've never been in a gunfight. Get them closed-in, make their numbers useless ... and then use their inexperience to your advantage. If Merle hadn't taken down those eight ... there'd probably have been a firefight in the catacombs.

I thought it was a fitting ending ... and I like that the writers don't always take you where you're expecting to go. Everybody expected the Governor, Martinez and the black fella to die ... they didn't. Everybody expected some of the weakest at the prison to fall ... they didn't. Everybody expected Rick's crew would take out a bunch of the Governor's and the Governor himself, and lose a few of their own ... but the Governor took out his own and fled to fight another day, and Rick lost none, and gained several useful people.

And, in contrast to last year's ending which set up what's next ... this ending left you wondering where they're going with it. Keeping people guessing is a good thing.

SnakeDoc

truthbomb.jpg

Yeah try that with a potential zombie sitting in front of you, and after you've been traumatized, chased and beat-up by the Governor... also, different chair, lighting and tool, they were pliers, not a wrench BTW... :lol
If people are going to nit-pick dumb stuff like that, at least show attention to details like that...

Yeah try that with a potential zombie sitting in front of you, and after you've been traumatized, chased and beat-up by the Governor... also, different chair, lighting and tool, they were pliers, not a wrench BTW... :lol
If people are going to nit-pick dumb stuff like that, at least show attention to details like that...

lol :lol :lol:lol I just found it funny. (I didn't make that by the way)

Back