The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Comic and Un-aired Spoilers unwelcome!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tumblr_mkoqv0v3ve1s53d7to1_500.gif

:lol :lol

But...this show is a soap oprah.

:lol :lol :rotfl

LOL...you blame me, but that was auto corrected. :lol

I hate ipads.

Riiiiight. Blame it on the ipad. :lol

Its going to be interesting. I don't need another season of these two having a pissing match with each other. Either **** or get off the pot IMO.

Agreed.

I think the real problem is people who have built this show up in their heads as the most fantastic thing evahr; the people who hype the program up so high in their brains, that it can't actually live up to their expectations.

I love this show and I love the pacing of the episodes/seaons. When watching the show I feel like the show plays out similar to reading a book (after all it IS based on a comic book isn't it?). Each episode is like a chapter in a book. Every chapter in a book doesn't have some epic event happen, but each chapter (or in this case episode) is there to propel the story forward, as it does in this show. And this is a BIG story to tell. I know that a TV show is different from a book, but my point is storytelling in different forms does share some common formulas.
A character doesn't have dialogue for the sole purpose of developing or evolving a character. Dialogue can often be used to give insight to character, which is what I am seeing in this show. We have to know about these people and we learn about these characters by what they say as well as what they do.
I see the words "filler episodes" thrown around but this isn't a two hour movie where they need to cram a resolution to the conflict in with only 2 hours to do it. They have hours and hours and hours of story to tell and a conflict set up in one episode may not have a resolution until many episodes later or even seasons later. That is how shows like this work as well as they do - the story arcs/character arcs and conflicts take time to complete and it cant be done within the one hour time frame of each episode. I don't think of that as filler, I think of that as the story they are telling us.
I like some episodes better than others but as the COMPLETE story has gone so far and where it goes from here, I am sure I will continue watching all the way through the Series Finale!

Finally found that "Conan" clip people were talking about and.... it was lame. The jokes were dumb, I loved seeing Merle and Carol, but it wasn't really funny or anything.

[ame]https://youtu.be/OgyOiHuMmas[/ame]

That's because you're a sour puss.

maybe I just don't laugh at stupid stuff on tv?

This has nothing to do with the Walking Dead by the way. It was actually cool to see Carol and Merle. I liked that actually, they are both really cool.

but the jokes were pretty dumb, and kind of forced. feels like really lame humor. I wonder if some people laughing in the audience are only laughing because it is Walking Dead related. Wouldn't surprise me.

Back