The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Comic and Un-aired Spoilers unwelcome!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Something that wasn't touched on, but that might make sense...

Comic Spoiler though it happened early in them​
Anybody think this new threat will be the cannibals?

I was thinking that a couple weeks ago as well.

This would be awesome!

First threat would be starvation. Next followed by cannibals.

If that's the case, I'd expect Kirkman to combine the character with Nagan. Otherwise, the Governor needs to be killed off so the story can evolve.

It'll be interesting to see if they do combine both characters to further the story.

Something that wasn't touched on, but that might make sense...

Comic Spoiler though it happened early in them​
Anybody think this new threat will be the cannibals?

I was wondering about this myself. It's a good possibility.

So WTF guys?! All this wondering if zombies are smart and ****. Why the **** did it take this gaggle of nerdy fanboys (myself included) so long to come up with that possibility? :huh :lol

didn't they say that the threat would not be other people? (or something like that???)

yoda1.gif
~ "A prophecy that misread, could have been."

On the shocking note, Lauren Cohan (Maggie) teased the new danger of Season 4. "It's not even the walkers and it's not even other people this time; there's a whole new threat." Kirkman said the new threat could be more deadly than the other two combined. Now we’re paying attention!

"There's a whole new threat in this season that we have to deal with which you get to know about," David Morrissey told io9 . "This new threat is the thing that overall is the thing for us. The zombies are the same threat that they've always been, but with this added extra that makes the world a very, very dangerous place. And people start to sort of react in different ways ... It's not a threat you're going to be able to kill very easily. So it's something that happens within the world. Another thing. And that is very dangerous. It's very dangerous and I think when you see it, you'll ... there's a lot of identity with it, for us in our world. You'll get it when you see it. Each person reacts to it very differently."

it doesn't sound like it could be what you guys were saying it could be :dunno

But maybe, I don't know.

College Teaching Zombie Survival Class based on The Walking Dead

The University of California Irvine is offering an eight week zombie survival course using The Walking Dead as its basis

https://www.canvas.net/courses/the-walking-dead

From understanding social identities to modeling the spread of disease,
this eight-week course will span key science and survival themes using AMC's The Walking Dead as its basis.

Four faculty members from the University of California, Irvine will take you on an inter-disciplinary academic journey deep into the world of AMC's The Walking Dead,

exploring the following topics:

Maslow's hierarchy of needs--is survival just about being alive?

Social order and structures--from the farm and the prison to Woodbury

Social identity, roles, and stereotyping--as shown through leaders like Rick and the Governor

The role of public health in society--from the CDC to local community organizations

The spread of infectious disease and population modeling--swarm!

The role of energy and momentum in damage control--how can you best protect yourself?

Nutrition in a post-apocalyptic world--are squirrels really good for you?

Managing stress in disaster situations--what's the long-term effect of always sleeping with one eye open?

Money well spent :rotfl:rotfl

Last edited:
So WTF guys?! All this wondering if zombies are smart and ****. Why the **** did it take this gaggle of nerdy fanboys (myself included) so long to come up with that possibility? :huh :lol

Probably them staying at the prison has us mentally thinking they can't introduce things from the comic after they left the prison. They're in unpredictable territory now with the prison surviving the Governor's attack. Its also possible they'll go back and tell stories from the comic prison they skipped over in the TV show.

The one thing I'm most curious about though is the Governor at this point. We know he's in the show this season, but no previews, clips, or glimpses of him yet. Makes me think he'll be back with an epic return.

It looks like whatever this new thing is, is what is occuring in those scenes where the prison is overrun from within. Maybe cannibals will mutate now from eating infected flesh and this will lead to thinking zombies like 28 days/weeks but I hope that isn't the case unless they are very rare and only pop up once in a while. Some starving members of the prison group could resort to eating flesh and begin to mutate.

Back