The Watchmen Figure Thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
keeping going back and forth as to if I should pick up the 1:6 Rorschach figure or not. It looks alright but if Hot Toys is going to do them I might just wait. But $79.99 seems kinda eh for a so so looking figure. Had chace to get him today and tuesday but passed both times so far.

keeping going back and forth as to if I should pick up the 1:6 Rorschach figure or not. It looks alright but if Hot Toys is going to do them I might just wait. But $79.99 seems kinda eh for a so so looking figure. Had chace to get him today and tuesday but passed both times so far.

I keep going back and forth as well. It seems to be pretty sure that Hot Toy's will indeed to Watchmen figures, so I think I'm going to hold off. It is tempting though. The last DCD figure I bought was their TDK Batman which left a sour taste in my mouth.

IrishJedi as well as many Toy sites have already semi-confirmed a Hot Toys Watchmen line and the fact they are being delayed due to DC Direct selling their own product and not wanting competition. According to a few sites the first three figures to be produced will be Rorschach, The Comedian and Nite Owl II. I would say that you won't have much time to wait, I would think by April they'll at least and announce and show since the figures themselves probably won't be out until Fall at the earliest.

I just got my 1/6 Rorschach figure in from TRU. Plus some 2nd series figures (minus the comedian) sorry for the crappy pics.

I removed the inner jacket on Rorschach. He seemed so much bulky with it inside. I think the fabric falls nicely now. The tailoring on the figure is nice. His coat even has a nylon liner. He has humoungus shoes and no socks, which is ok cause his pants do fall a little long. He definitely has the "robin" base body. Which I like better. I'm not a real fan of the Heroic proportion figures DCD has. Though I do have Captain Marvel and Sinestro. Til Hot Toys makes Watchmen figures, this is the one to get.

P1000784.jpg

P1000785.jpg

Classic Silk Spectre's sculpt is amazing. So sexy!! Plus she's a lot more articulated than her daughter (not by much). Ball jointed head, cut shoulders, Hinged elbows, cut mid-bicep (right arm), cut wrist (left arm) T-joint hips and hinged knee. She has real cloth fishnets too. I wish her arms were ball jointed though.

Classic night owl fairs pretty well too. Swivel neck, swivel shoulders, mid-bicep swivels, hinged elbows, swivel gloved hands, T-joint hips and hinged knees. He would of benefited more with a ball jointed head but hey, its DCD.

Dr Manhattan is an amazing statue..errrr figure. not much articulation compared to the two. I wish he he had a T-Joint hips though on his lower extremities. His legs just spread wide open when you move them lol.

P1000779.jpg

P1000777.jpg

There seem to be a lot of people who want to buy these just because it's Watchmen. I bought the small Rorschach figure because it's so close to the comic version but in general I don't care for DCD's figure. I think the 13" scale figures are especially mediocre (at best) for the prices they're asking. To me I'd rather go without than to spend WAY too much on a subpar product just to have it. Just my 2 cents.

hey guys just an fyi I am having a weekend sale on some watchmen figure and bust stuff I posted it in the dealer section...
Joe

There seem to be a lot of people who want to buy these just because it's Watchmen. I bought the small Rorschach figure because it's so close to the comic version but in general I don't care for DCD's figure. I think the 13" scale figures are especially mediocre (at best) for the prices they're asking. To me I'd rather go without than to spend WAY too much on a subpar product just to have it. Just my 2 cents.

Well I cant speak for everyone but I've been waiting for watchmen figures for awhile now. Even before the release of the movie DCD was going to put out a line of figures. I was saddened by its cancellation. I'll find the proto-types later. But here they are now.

To each his own I guess, but I definitely have to say dont judge the 1/6 scale Rorschach figure just by pics alone. In hand its a excellent figure. Nice size.. its the same height as Hot Toys Bank robber Joker and Two-face. Im sure when and if Hot Toy's releases theirs it'll be much better and you know I'll get those too. :rolleyes:

Oh by the way..check out the new Saturday morning cartoon of Watchmen. Its silly at best and everything and everyone was toned down considerably..

So is it safe to say that HT is definitely doing watchmen? Are any of the sources legit? I need rorscach, comedian and owl 2 on my shelf badly :(

IrishJedi as well as many Toy sites have already semi-confirmed a Hot Toys Watchmen line and the fact they are being delayed due to DC Direct selling their own product and not wanting competition. According to a few sites the first three figures to be produced will be Rorschach, The Comedian and Nite Owl II. I would say that you won't have much time to wait, I would think by April they'll at least and announce and show since the figures themselves probably won't be out until Fall at the earliest.

Any links to the sites, mike?

I just got my 1/6 Rorschach figure in from TRU. Plus some 2nd series figures (minus the comedian) sorry for the crappy pics.

I removed the inner jacket on Rorschach. He seemed so much bulky with it inside. I think the fabric falls nicely now. The tailoring on the figure is nice. His coat even has a nylon liner. He has humoungus shoes and no socks, which is ok cause his pants do fall a little long. He definitely has the "robin" base body. Which I like better. I'm not a real fan of the Heroic proportion figures DCD has. Though I do have Captain Marvel and Sinestro. Til Hot Toys makes Watchmen figures, this is the one to get.

P1000784.jpg

P1000785.jpg

Classic Silk Spectre's sculpt is amazing. So sexy!! Plus she's a lot more articulated than her daughter (not by much). Ball jointed head, cut shoulders, Hinged elbows, cut mid-bicep (right arm), cut wrist (left arm) T-joint hips and hinged knee. She has real cloth fishnets too. I wish her arms were ball jointed though.

Classic night owl fairs pretty well too. Swivel neck, swivel shoulders, mid-bicep swivels, hinged elbows, swivel gloved hands, T-joint hips and hinged knees. He would of benefited more with a ball jointed head but hey, its DCD.

Dr Manhattan is an amazing statue..errrr figure. not much articulation compared to the two. I wish he he had a T-Joint hips though on his lower extremities. His legs just spread wide open when you move them lol.

P1000779.jpg

P1000777.jpg

can you take off rorschach's mask?

They've been taken down for obvious reasons.

Bingo.

I went to TRU today and tried to get the 1/6 Rorschach, they wouldn't sell it to me. They said their computer came up do not sell until the 11th. :mad: POS store. They wouldn't even sell me the 6" Ozy because the manager decided that if one hit with that warning it must mean they all are like that. I'm going to my LCS tomorrow to get him, I'll pay the mark up just to avoid supporting my local TRU.

I just saw this movie today, I thought it was pretty good...long...but good. Doctor Manhattan is bad ass in this film (despite the fact hes naked 98% of the time). This movie was a very refreshing change from the standard hollywood superhero movies...and I swear the CGI keeps getting better and better every year. Tomorrow im going to see it again in IMAX....it was sold out by the time I got there today :monkey2. It would be cool if SS made PF's of these guys...I would definitely buy something from this movie.

Chris

I would buy a hot toys comedian if he had a ton of extras. Shotguns, flamethrower, pistols. maybe even a Rorschach if it looks good enough. Im sure it would.

If HT does do a Rorschach, will it come with 2 heads, or just a removable mask? Either way, I'd display it masked.

Back