The Watchmen Figure Thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You'll find these for bargain bin soon. A lot of retailers bought into the hype of Watchmen and ordered a glutton of these from DCD, they'll be rotting the shelves and clearanced soon enough especially once HT is able to release theirs.

Yep, Hot Toys are THAT amazing. Look at their figures, and you'll see why. Beware though. Once you get one HT figure, you will get hooked :lol. Just take a look at their Hellboy, Godfather, Bank Robber Joker and John Connor. Just some of the amazing figures they have produced. They truly are the GOD of 1/6 figures. Your post was fine. I didn't find it offensive at all.

Very True!

I just recently got the Bank Robber Joker, and I am hooked. :D

Ever since I got him, I've been searching the web, looking for Hot Toys releases, reading reviews, looking at photo's of their awesome (upcoming) figures and hoping/waiting for their Watchmen announcement...

You'll find these for bargain bin soon. A lot of retailers bought into the hype of Watchmen and ordered a glutton of these from DCD, they'll be rotting the shelves and clearanced soon enough especially once HT is able to release theirs.
and yet i can't find a single 7" Rorschach or Ozymandias where i live.
however, there are plenty of the 13" figures just because nobody is gonna spend $100 on those.
they look like $40 figures and that's all i'm gonna pay.

and i guess i missed it, but has HT confirmed they're making figures?

and i guess i missed it, but has HT confirmed they're making figures?

Yes, on their Facebook page they've mentioned them and Cool Toy Review has placeholders for Rorschach, the Comedian, and Nite-Owl in their Hot Toys photo archive. This isn't the first time CTR has had a leg up on Hot Toys releases.

All the places around me carrrying the six inch figures have dried up. The books a millions, that had 'em for $25 bucks a pop, have all but sold out. TRU has a few unmasked Rorschachs and I think a Comedian and a pair of Minutemen left. Even my LCS is out of complete sets of waves 1 and 2.

I was in TRU with my lady and we saw the rorsach deluxe figure. it is in no way worth more than 40 buckaroos

Yeah, across the board DCDs 13 inch figures are overpriced by about $30-$40 and they are usually so hit or miss. Rorschach is pretty good though just needs a little work.

Yeah, across the board DCDs 13 inch figures are overpriced by about $30-$40 and they are usually so hit or miss. Rorschach is pretty good though just needs a little work.

I have owned a few of the DCD deluxe figures, they never keep my interest for more than a month. i have none anymore, i have sold them all off. I bought em cheap and sold em cheaper. They are def. not worth more than 40 . green arrow is the exception imo. the rest are overpriced.

Any UK freaks know where I can get the DCD Rorschach for a reasonable price? I've seen it in my local Forbidden Planet for £84.95....at least double what I want to pay for it. Play don't seem to have it up or for preorder.

I was in TRU with my lady and we saw the rorsach deluxe figure. it is in no way worth more than 40 buckaroos

Very true. I did like the Mini bust though, as i was able to get all 6 for about 35 bucks a pop. Im very happy with them, although i wish Ozy didnt have on that stupid mask. They do a much better job on thier smaller bust than they do on thier 7 and 13 inch figures.

Added a couple accessories to my DCD/HT Rorschach bash. First off is the meat cleaver Ror takes to the child murderer. While I prefer the gasoline/jigsaw bit from the comic I think it's obvious they left it out because of similarities to Saw. It's just sanded sheet styrene with a sculpted handle. Unfortunately his grasp is too wide and it tends to lean. Gotta fix that.

Rornewtoys2.jpg

Rormeatclever.jpg

And then of course the button which is just hole-punched styrene. I opted to glue it on his left hand, it's easily hid when you turn the hand over and it won't get lost.

Rornewtoys.jpg

Rornewtoys1.jpg

hurm.

Hopefully the 7" figures and busts have a better fate, because those are all pretty damn good.

The busts are selling in my area relatively well, not flying off the shelves by any means but moving at least. While the 7" figures are selling out at almost every retailer both specialized and commerical around here....you can't find them anywhere and I still have never seen Laurie on sale in person.

And where are these "glutting" up the shelves, exactly? Nowhere up my way that's for sure. Our local TRU got in ONE case of the basic figures and one case of the mask-free Rorschach and all that's left are the Rorschach exclusive figures. They never stocked the 12' scale ones.

The CS got in the busts and figures, but they are so insanely overpriced that they'll sit there for that reason alone.

Not even the places like Blockbuster or Spencers have anything...so those of you with your shelves overflowing with stuff...be happy I guess. There are areas like mine that got nothing and have NOTHING.

Hopefully the 7" figures and busts have a better fate, because those are all pretty damn good.
actually, i kinda hope those end up in the clearance bin too.
$18 a pop for 7" figures with barely any accessories and minimal articulation is a bit much.
then again, i haven't bought any DCD figures in a few years, so maybe that's a normal price.
in either case, i'm only getting these loose/complete. just got variant Comedian and Rorschach for $15 delivered.

The busts are selling in my area relatively well, not flying off the shelves by any means but moving at least. While the 7" figures are selling out at almost every retailer both specialized and commerical around here....you can't find them anywhere and I still have never seen Laurie on sale in person.

I got everything (aside from TRU Kovacs) from Joe and it's all here (with the exception of the Owl Ship). For the most part, the DCD stuff is great. I especially love the busts. They display very well. And I'm not even into busts normally. I don't even have any of the Gentle Giant SW/INDY ones anymore.

actually, i kinda hope those end up in the clearance bin too.
$18 a pop for 7" figures with barely any accessories and minimal articulation is a bit much.

$18?? Yikes. I paid just over $12 a piece for them.

they're $18 at Toys R US.
$20 for regular, $22 for variants at my local comic shop.
where did you get them for $12?

From Joe here on the boards (Mista305). I pre-ordered them way back when and they came to just about $50 shipped for each wave of 4.

Also, some Blockbuster stores reportedly carry the figures for $14.99 ea.

And where are these "glutting" up the shelves, exactly? Nowhere up my way that's for sure. Our local TRU got in ONE case of the basic figures and one case of the mask-free Rorschach and all that's left are the Rorschach exclusive figures. They never stocked the 12' scale ones.

My LCS has multiples of all three 1/6 figures just sitting there haven't moved one. Last time I was there they had 3 Rorschachs, 4 Manhattans and 2 Comedians. The Suncoast in the mall has four Rorschachs just sitting there. My TRU had three Rorschachs on the shelves and a friend of mine who works there said no one has bought one since I did back on the release day. Not to mention I just bought my third Manhattan for my classroom for $49 shipped I'd say they are gluttoning. :gun

Back