The Watchmen Figure Thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is so cute, that he was really excited to get the cigar box. I would have been excited too, though. That thing is awesome. I hope you make another one for yourself. Hey, would you ever consider making one for me if I paid you?

Doesn't surprise me that he's Catholic, actually, even though he was quite a sinner.

Last edited:
Wow. Dude, you're my hero. :) I want to see you in your Comedian costume soooo bad. I've always loved your posts, but now I've developed a little internet crush. Haha, I'm so incorrigible. I hope that doesn't make you feel awkward. ;)
Not at all. It's all well and good. I'm sure a few of the guys around here are gonna start ribbing me now, though. :lol

That is so cute, that he was really excited to get the cigar box. I would have been excited too, though. That thing is awesome. I hope you make another one for yourself. Hey, would you ever consider making one for me if I paid you?
Yeah, I'd consider making one on a commission basis. I just have no idea how much to charge. :huh I guess I'll price everything when I make my new one.

Doesn't surprise me that he's Catholic, actually, even though he was quite a sinner.
Well, I'm Catholic. Trust me, we're no strangers to sin. :lol

IMG_0788.jpg

IMG_0789.jpg

IMG_0790.jpg

Is that the McFarlane Call of Duty Flame Thrower, and did you have to glue it or can it just snap on?

Awesome.

Wait for Hot toys...

Do it. Spill the beans.....you know you want to. Do it.

Yeah, I'd consider making one on a commission basis. I just have no idea how much to charge. :huh I guess I'll price everything when I make my new one.

If you find someone to resculpt the DCD Watchmen Comedian head into the proper hairstyling for the young look you'd be my hero.

Well, I'm Catholic. Trust me, we're no strangers to sin. :lol

This is true, sin and guilt....that is our forte.

Shhhhhhhhussssshhhhhh. Let the man speak! Go on Dave. Do it.

I wonder if Hot Toys will really make a Vietnam era Blake? I would kill for one. I really wanted the DC Direct variant, but it doesn't much look like him. When he was younger his hair always flipped down over his forehead and he wore dog tags. Also his waistline is pretty big. I much prefer the regular figure of him.

I wonder if Hot Toys will really make a Vietnam era Blake? I would kill for one. I really wanted the DC Direct variant, but it doesn't much look like him. When he was younger his hair always flipped down over his forehead and he wore dog tags. Also his waistline is pretty big. I much prefer the regular figure of him.

Hot Toys often includes 2 heads, like with BR Joker, Batman, Iron Man, Two-Face etc..

Are their many differances to his Nam costume and regular 80s one? They could just include 2 heads and make the Flame thrower removable so you could pick. It wouldnt surprise me if this is what they are planning.

The big question for me is, will Rorschach have 2 heads or an actual removable mask.

I think it was the same. I don't remember if he wore his dog tags during the riots. He has a really chunky waistline on the 6" DC Direct figure, and I thought he had that because he was older, and on the variant of course, where he was supposed to be younger, they used the same body for the figure. I don't remember him ever looking as beefy in the film as he does on that sculpt. Of course they had to make the Comedian look chunky, when Nite Owl II was really supposed to be the somewhat flabby one. Heh.

I think it was the same. I don't remember if he wore his dog tags during the riots. He has a really chunky waistline on the 6" DC Direct figure, and I thought he had that because he was older, and on the variant of course, where he was supposed to be younger, they used the same body for the figure. I don't remember him ever looking as beefy in the film as he does on that sculpt. Of course they had to make the Comedian look chunky, when Nite Owl II was really supposed to be the somewhat flabby one. Heh.
i got the variant and he doesn't look "chunky" to me. his waist looks a little bigger because of the flack vest is all.

now, somebody tell me where i can get that flamethrower from the pic.

i got the variant and he doesn't look "chunky" to me. his waist looks a little bigger because of the flack vest is all.

now, somebody tell me where i can get that flamethrower from the pic.

Its the Mcfalane one from the Call of Duty figure.

I'm an artist and I've studied the human body extensively, as well as the way muscles develop, and the way they are drawn in art and comic book art. His torso was sculpted like a tree trunk, his chest is not wider than his abs like the stereotypical body-builder's would be. I don't really mind it on the original figure, because like I said, he's older. But on the variant where he is young it looks a little odd.

Wait for Hot toys...

Just thought of something funny

How cool would it be if Hot Toys oficially announced the first figures on April 1st with a tagline saying : It's a joke. It's all a joke (you know, for all the jokes that go with april fools day) and then some (teaser) photos of The Comedian and maybe Nite Owl II and Rorschach :D

Probably wishful thinking though...:)

But seriously, I do hope they announce something soon, because I passed on all the Watchmen figures and collectibles so far. Can't... repress... the urge... any... longer :google

Just thought of something funny

How cool would it be if Hot Toys oficially announced the first figures on April 1st with a tagline saying : It's a joke. It's all a joke (you know, for all the jokes that go with april fools day) and then some (teaser) photos of The Comedian and maybe Nite Owl II and Rorschach :D

Probably wishful thinking though...:)

But seriously, I do hope they announce something soon, because I passed on all the Watchmen figures and collectibles so far. Can't... repress... the urge... any... longer :google

I know what you mean, I think I'm gonna pick up the Comedian and the classic Silk Spectre 7" figures to hold me over.

Back