The Watchmen Figure Thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From Joe here on the boards (Mista305). I pre-ordered them way back when and they came to just about $50 shipped for each wave of 4.

Also, some Blockbuster stores reportedly carry the figures for $14.99 ea.

I can confirm that at Blockbuster. Although I've only seen series 1. All I really want now is the Comedian. And I've only seen him at the comic shop so far.

Gotta get to Blockbuster. I still need Laurie and would rather not pay Comic Book shop prices on her.

I finally snagged a variant Manhattan figure this weekend and I love it. It was too expensive at 19.99 but I didn't feel like tracking one down elsewhere so I picked it up from a comic shop while in Minneapolis. The clear plastic they used really works well to emulate John's look from the movie. I'm not very into DCD in general but it's a really nicely done figure.

I can confirm that at Blockbuster. Although I've only seen series 1. All I really want now is the Comedian. And I've only seen him at the comic shop so far.

I've seen tons of Comedian figures at TRU. I think they're $16.99 there, though.

I've seen tons of Comedian figures at TRU. I think they're $16.99 there, though.
the TRU where i live just got a case of the variant Rorschach figure and nothing else.
nobody is buying them either. (it's over $18 after sales tax here).
i guess different regions get different assortments. but, i'm not gonna drive out of town to find out.

that sucks. i don't think there are any BB stores left where i live because they forgot to change their business model to account for the internet.

I've given up on Rorschach, but I'm still trying to collect every piece of Comedian merchandise out there. Can you guys let me know of anything I'm missing? So far I have:

-6" figure
-6" variant figure
-mini bust (still waiting to arrive in the mail)
-13" figure (supposed to arrive tomorrow, :D)
-Vietnam flashback poster
-teaser poster (him aiming a rifle out of a window)
-riot flashback shirt
-teaser shirt (same image as on poster)
-riot pin
-teaser pin
-rubber key chain on pre-order

And so far the only thing I know of that I want and do not have are his side-arms/dogtags (next paycheck will bring that one to me). Has anyone seen anything else?

I've given up on Rorschach, but I'm still trying to collect every piece of Comedian merchandise out there. Can you guys let me know of anything I'm missing? So far I have:

-6" figure
-6" variant figure
-mini bust (still waiting to arrive in the mail)
-13" figure (supposed to arrive tomorrow, :D)
-Vietnam flashback poster
-teaser poster (him aiming a rifle out of a window)
-riot flashback shirt
-teaser shirt (same image as on poster)
-riot pin
-teaser pin
-rubber key chain on pre-order

And so far the only thing I know of that I want and do not have are his side-arms/dogtags (next paycheck will bring that one to me). Has anyone seen anything else?

Well there was that Vietnam army style patch with the comedians /doc manhattan logos incorporated with one another with some motto above it. It was given out to members of the film crew. There werent many made though and were never up for sale to the public. I did see a few on ebay though......

Last edited:
I do not have any of those. More to hunt for. :) Thanks! I don't know if I'll get the patch, if I can even find it. I love the Comedian but I'm not a Manhattan fan. I really want those rubber bracelets!

Bet you don't have this ;)

l_1bab3adcbcf64b469c55c4547ff5d69c.jpg

l_cbcf39ddf71c4522a03f089aecae7187.jpg

(I don't have it anymore, either :( Gave it to The Man himself :rock)

speaking of the 6" Comedian figure... anybody got any ideas on how to turn it into a Vietnam-era custom?
i can't find any flamethrowers or dogtags in that scale.

It appears to be a Cigar Box, since the Comedian was a smoker, with some extras like his Dog Tags and Button. Whats the clear tube there though Irish? Also did you make that and then give it to him? Either way its very cool. Looks like something you could dig up in Blake's apartment.

Last edited:
It appears to be a Cigar Box, since the Comedian was a smoker, with some cool extras like his Dog Tags and Button. Whats the clear tube there though Irish? Also did you make that and then give it to him? Either way its very cool. Looks like something you could dig up in Blake's apartment.

Yep, it's a custom-made "Comedian Cigar Box" that I originally made for myself. I even had some custom Comedian cigar labels made and put them on some cubanos I had and was giving them out to random people when I was doing some publicity and PR stuff. I made the dog tags and the button, too. The tube and black disc are what keeps the cigars at 70% humidity so they'll last a while. The "clock" looking thing between the Minutemen pic and Sally pin-up is actually the humidity meter.

When I was up in NYC for an event the during the Opening Weekend Clay Enos (the official stills photographer on the production) suggested I give it to JDM (because he actually smokes cigars), which I happily did. Afterall, I can always make another one. :cool:

Last edited:
OH MY GOD! That is so awesome, IJ! And you met him? I heard he's such a nice, funny guy. What did he say when you gave it to him? Holy s***, you rock!

What publicity and PR stuff were you doing? Also what do the dog tags say? One of the reasons I want the guns/dog tags are to read what religion Eddie is, haha.

Last edited:
OH MY GOD! That is so awesome, IJ! And you met him? I heard he's such a nice, funny guy.
Yeah, he's pretty great. A real down-to-Earth guy who's nice to everyone and makes time for everybody. The Josh and I met him at SDCC last year, too... but we literally didn't get much time at all. This time, I got to hang and chat with him for a good while.

What did he say when you gave it to him?
Honestly, he was like a kid at Christmas. He was running around showing everyone, "Check this out!!!" and passing out some of the cigars. At one point, someone had to tell him, "Make sure you save one of those for Zack!". :lol He kept 6-7 or cigars, though.

What publicity and PR stuff were you doing?
I did some stuff for Warner Bros and Clay Enos during February and March. I appeared in my Comedian gear at MegaCon and some movie theaters, passing out swag and promoting Nite Owl Dark Roast coffee. We also attended the premiere and a Q&A event with JDM and Patrick Wilson at the Apple Store in NYC. After that, there was an Afterparty at the "Art of WATCHMEN" exhibit at the MoCCA museum, which Clay hosted. That's where the real cool stuff happened.

Also what do the dog tags say? One of the reasons I want the guns/dog tags are to read what religion Eddie is, haha.
Okay, a few things... The dog tags used in the film are actually incorrect believe it or not (more on that in a sec). I made exact duplicates of those for my costume as well as several custom dog tags. One set (the one I gave JDM with the cigar box) has "WHO WATCHES THE WATCHMEN?" on the black tag and "QUIS CUSTODIET ISPOS CUSTODES?" on the other (yellow) one.

Now, about the screen-used tags (which DC Direct replicated)... JDM actually got to keep the originals. They read:

EDWARD M BLAKE
7301004T40-41
MS KATE BLAKE
4016 WOODROW ST
DURHAM NC P

But here's the thing: The "P" is for "Protestant", but the Prop Dept. goofed. Blake is actually Catholic (hence the guilt and "Mother forgive me" stuff... he's not talking to his mom). But no biggie, I guess, since they can't be read on the screen anyway. :lol

Back